2014 Chevrolet Volt fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Volt:

2014 Chevrolet Volt Owner Comments

Jun 242016

While in full motion on the highway, the car suddenly decelerated to 5 mph despite pressing on the accelerator and then a minute or two later completed stalled out. Two error messages: Engine not available, service soon and propulsion power is reduced. An earlier incident, a few months ago, while accelerating up a slight incline, the car decelerated to a few miles per hour despite pressing on the accelerator.

- Lilburn, GA, USA

Mar 022015

Volt 4-cyl

2014 Chevrolet Volt. Consumer writes in regards to electric drive malfunction. The consumer received two error messages on the dashboard that read propulsion power is reduced and engine not available, service soon. The vehicle stalled within minutes. The consumer tried to re-start the vehicle, but it stalled again within seconds.

- Riverview, FL, USA

Feb 202014

Volt 4-cyl

I received the Chevy Volt 2/20/14 at around 10:45 am. My partner and I had a very important meeting at 12:30 P.M. in jersey city, NJ so we left directly from the dealership in the brand new Volt, 7 miles on the odometer. At approximately 12:00 P.M. the car alarmed with two messages: 1. engine not available and 2. propulsion power reduced. The alarms/engine failure came at the most inopportune time---while on the New Jersey turnpike in a construction zone and no available shoulder. With semi-trucks bearing down on us, we luckily made it to a construction pull off area and called on star. On star informed us the turnpike is a restricted zone so they could not send anyone, they were helpful and got in touch with the turnpike authority which sent a tow truck. While I was on the phone with on star my partner called the dealership where we got the car. They were helpful and contacted the dealership where the car would be towed"malouf Chevrolet. After waiting over 30 min for a tow truck to arrive, all the while fearing I was going to be mowed down by a semi-truck on the shoulder, the brand new Volt, my partner and I were off the turnpike. Upon arrival to malouf we were greeted by a member of their service team, he asked me how many miles were on the car. I said?66?, he asked ?6600?, I responded ?no! 66, the car only ran for a little over an hour after delivery!" we now have a loaner from malouf and have not heard anything about what caused this catastrophic failure of the brand new Chevrolet Volt.

- Sewell, NJ, USA