6.2

2015 Chevrolet Volt electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Volt:

2015 Chevrolet Volt Owner Comments

Jun 252016

Volt

While driving my Volt on the freeway, both the navigation display and the instrument display went blank. I had no visibility of my speed, fuel status, engine status. I attempted to re display the nav system, but I had to drive the rest of my trip with no display. Played with the lights, on then off no change. I have had this happen on 3 different occasions. All three times, the display was returned on the next day.

- Escondido, CA, USA

Dec 202014

Volt 4-cyl

I leased a 2015 Chevy Volt, I used the supplied charging station to charge the vehicle. This device overheated earlier in the day, I decided to unplug it and try another outlet. I checked on it 20 minutes later and discovered it was still warm. I thought this was normal, considering it was charging a car. I plugged it in later in the evening. This charger supplied by Chevy then caught fire after being plugged in for about 2-3 hours, and that fire spread to our garage. This fire started from the charger itself and caused damage to our belongings and could have destroyed our entire home.

- Ypsilanti , MI, USA