9.0

2017 Chevrolet Volt fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Chevrolet Volt:

2017 Chevrolet Volt Owner Comments

Dec 262016

Volt

We are writing to voice a very disconcerting and dangerous incident with our 2017 Chevy Volt. On a return trip at dark from cleveland, Ohio to rochester, NY on 12-26-16, our engine suddenly gave warning beeps which prompted my husband to pull over to the shoulder on interstate 90 in erie, pa. We had all of 15-20 seconds to get off this heavily trafficked highway when the car literally shut down.. nothing worked not even the warning flashers. We could not open the trunk, and had we not kept one door open we would not have been able to enter the car. In summary, the total failure we encountered shows the serious safety issue related to this car. We are now reluctant to take it on trips this incident could have resulted in a serious accident had we not been able to pull off onto the shoulder.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Sep 022016

Volt

The vehicle center display does not work reliably. Most concerning to safety is the fact that this renders the reverse camera inoperable. Other things that don't work include bluetooth, radio, on star, controls for the vehicle setup and charging parameters, air conditioning, energy usage display, and so on. After several service visits and calls to GM, they determined that if you leave a phone plugged into the usb cord for the audio system, and power the car off without first unplugging the phone from the charger and even the charger cord from the usb port (with no phone plugged in) or else the next time you start the car the screen and functions on it will be inoperable until the car is powered off for several minutes. Whether or not I unplug my phone when I turn off the car should prevent the backup camera from functioning nor the details about electric car charge usage. GM has told me there is nothing more they can do, that's just how it works.

- Waynesboro, VA, USA

Jul 082016

Volt

I was driving my 2 month old car with ~2300 miles on a busy highway at ~ 65 mph when suddenly the car loses power and the panel reads "shift to park". luckily, I was able to maneuver the car (steering was still in tact) with the remaining speed to the side of the highway. However, had the highway been busier or if I had been on the far left lane, I don't think I would have been able to make it and would have created a dangerous situation on the highway. On the Volt forum, others have also complained about this. The repair, though covered, took 3+ weeks at the dealership. From dealer printout "internal transmission prime notor(sic) internal failure P03af drive motor remove and replace with srta srta unit".

- Yorba Linda, CA, USA