CarComplaints.com Notes: Since the Chrysler 200 first hit the streets, owners across the U.S. have complained about how their “dream car” quickly turned into a complete nightmare because of how the engine dies suddenly while driving.

2.8

2011 Chrysler 200 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chrysler 200:

2011 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Aug 062016

200

Pulling onto a major busy highway my car shut off completely and would not restart. After spending $533 dollars in June for a electronic throttle control sensor, I'm now being told I have to pay $1300 to have the totally intergrated power module replaced which afterwards I may have to replace a power sensor. Of course, they won't know if the 3rd part is need until they replace the 2nd.

- Chester, VA, USA

Jul 232016

200

My 2011 200 gave no signs of having any problems, started right up on the first key turn, I went to go leave the parking lot of where I was but as I pulled out onto the busy road and started accelerating, the car stopped going faster and instead started to only rev as I pushed on the gas pedal. Cars were approaching behind me so I pulled over to the side of the road, just in time for my car to indicate it switched itself into reverse. At this point I start panicking unsure what was going to happen next. My car was at about 5 mph at this point when the engine just died. The electronics worked for a while, until the battery died, but the engine had no hope in being started, even with a jump. After being taken to the shop I was told the alternator had failed while I was driving and that the mechanic had burnt his hand while checking it. They also mentioned something about the ground not being in place. The car had only been on for minutes, and has less then 32000 miles on it. Knowing Chrysler had a recall on alternators in the past I contact them first but they gave me the run around, and still are giving me the run around, but I believe there is something else going on with my vehicle then they are letting me know as they mentioned the dealership had been emailing the engineers in regards to my car. I don't feel safe putting my 15 month old son in this car, let alone myself in this car. This car is only 5 years old and still has low mileage, and I've taken care of it like a baby. There were no warning signs of anything wrong, and no reason for anything to fail unless it was something internal and that leaves me unknowing if it will happen again, at any given moment.

- Farmingdale, NJ, USA

Dec 022013

200

Unsafe for winter driving. 1st. Time driven on patchy ice on state highway car was erratic. Every time the car crossed an irregular uneven patch in the road (I.e. patch of ice or hard pack snow) car veers suddenly, violently left or right. Dealer suggested taking snow tires off and putting matched set of tires back on thinking the mismatched set affected the stability control. Result was same with matched tires. Chrysler 200 online forum shows many owners with same complaint. May be design flaw, rear wheel base wider than front wheels. Rear wheels will not track straight when encountering uneven patches of ice or snow. In my 35 years of driving in northern mich. It's the worst car I've driven in the winter. I just bought it, and now my wife is afraid to drive it.

- Kaleva, MI, USA

Jan 252012

200 6-cyl

Check eng light on, traction control and antilock and cruise control inop.

- Manchester, NH, USA