CarComplaints.com Notes: Since the Chrysler 200 first hit the streets, owners across the U.S. have complained about how their “dream car” quickly turned into a complete nightmare because of how the engine dies suddenly while driving.

2011 Chrysler 200 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chrysler 200:

2011 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Oct 012016

200

They have recall on it but have not yet fixed the problem

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Oct 262016

200

The contact owns a 2011 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags, seat belts); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact was informed that the repair would be available the first quarter in 2017 at the earliest. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fox Lake, IL, USA

Jul 052016

200

On July 4 the ABS light came on for no reason several times, staying on for long periods of time. There was a clicking noise in the steering colum and wheel. It sounded like it was coming from the left side. On July 5, I was driving to work on a back road with several curves. The ABS light came on again. Clicking was still happening as well. All of a sudden I felt like I was sliding on a sheet of ice. I swirved from side to side and could not get my car under control. Then my vehicle was on two wheels on the passenger side. Which then slide off the road and down a embankment turning several times and landing on the roof of the car. The air bags never deployed. I am now suffering with a broken collar bone due to the accident.

- Reading, PA, USA

Mar 032015

200

The contact owns a 2011 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving at 20 mph, the brakes and the steering wheel locked seized. The contact was able to come to a stop after restarting the vehicle. The failure occurred on two occasions. In addition, the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was diagnosed that a fuse failed. It was unknown where the vehicle was taken for repairs however the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 20,000. The VIN was not available. TL-the contact owns a 2011 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving 20 mph, the brakes and the steering wheel locked up on vehicle without warning. The contact was able to come to a stop after restarting the vehicle. This occured on two occasions. In addition, the air bag light remained illuminated. It was diagnosed that a fuse in the vehicle malfunctioned but the issue recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 20,000.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Jun 012015

200

The light for the airbag malfunction on the dash stays on all the time. When I first start the car it dings as it comes on. This car only has 12,000 miles on it now, but only 5,000 when this started. I am afraid of a malfunction if I have an accident. They light stays on all the time until you shut the car off. This started last June of 2015 and has happened every day since.

- Corsicana, TX, USA

May 182015

200

The contact owns a 2011 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that upon entering and starting the vehicle, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 9,700.

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA

Jul 082014

200

I contacted teterboro Chrysler Jeep Dodge, in late June 2014 to make an appointment for a safety recall defect. I had received a notice sometime in June of 2014. I contacted the service department by telephone, it took three calls to try to reach the service manager. On the third phone call I was told not to bring the car in for this free repair. I was told in the second phone call that the service manager was in a meeting. After going to another Chrysler dealer the service manager from teterboro Chrysler called and offered to fix the defect. He said he heard from NHTSA. I feel that teterboro Chrysler had a bad attitude and they only changed their mind after I brought a letter to the district office of congressman scott garrett.

- Glen Rock, NJ, USA

Jul 012014

200 4-cyl

Letter from congressman garrett on behalf of constituent re Chrysler recall notice. 2011 Chrysler 2011. The consumer made an appointment with the dealer. However, they cancelled the appointment. The consumer referenced recall # 13V282000.

- Glen Rock, NJ, USA

Jun 092012

200

Was rear ended by a car traveling at 60mph and was pushed under a truck. The engine popped up and the back was pushed up into backseat. I wrote twice but never heard nothing back. I go to court for my accident since the owner of truck suing me and driver behind me June 30, 2014. My car was totaled with cost of repair $21000 on a car I had for approx 8 months. Date of accident was 6/9/12 not one air bag came out/ deployed. I was taken to hospital in ambulance on a stretcher. What can I do?

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Mar 122013

200 4-cyl

Car has gone dead when slowing down to make a turn. Brake light on dash flashed and when I tried to break at an upcoming stop sign my breaks went to the floor. Air bags did not deploy when this happened.

- Chatsworth, GA, USA

Jun 242011

200 4-cyl

Was sitting still in a medium and was rear ended. There was no deployment of airbag, other system requirement or notification.

- Davenport, FL, USA