Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Since the Chrysler 200 first hit the streets, owners across the U.S. have complained about how their “dream car” quickly turned into a complete nightmare because of how the engine dies suddenly while driving.

2011 Chrysler 200 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chrysler 200:

2011 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

May 032015

I just bought a used 2011 Chrysler 200 and within a weeks time noticed the rear of the vehicle was all over the road every time I hit a bump. It doesnt matter if its a small or large bump either. At first I was not sure what was wrong and I almost took it back to the dealer I bought it from. I climbed under the car and realized on the rear passenger right there was a little fluid leaking from the strut itself so I know that needs to be replaced. I slid over and looked at the drivers side rear which had no fluid leakage. After owning the car a month now, im relalizing that both sides are doing it and only the one strut appears to be leaking. The car is to the point of being unsafe to drive because of this issue. Ive had cars that needed struts replaced before and never have I felt like the car was unsafe to drive. After doing a little research, I find that this is a known issue for this car and Chrysler is aware of it. So why has this issue not been taken care of if its a known issue. I have children that ride in the back seat and I dont even feel safe driving them in the car. I need to get it fixed but its tough to do when you just bought the vehicle and are in need of getting your plates for the car($1700). And to fix this issue I hve been told that it will run me $600 and that doesnt even include certain parts if they are horribly bad as well. Like I said, this is more than just a strut issue but when I do get it fixed I will report my complete findings of everything that needs to be replaced in the suspension.

- Lincoln, NE, USA

Mar 192015

200 6-cyl

The original date is Sept. 2012. I was unable to enter this info above. I have been having problems with unexpected loss of power, (falling dead) since 2012. It normally happens when I am going slow due to being in traffic. I am stopped or barely moving and when we start moving I press on the accelerator and it will not go because it has fallen dead. I have to put my flashers on, pull over if possible, put the gear in park, turn off the engine and restart the car and it is good to go. There have been times this happens if I am at a stop light also when this occurs. The next issue is the low tire pressure light comes on most times when the weather changes. I have taken the car to a tire repair shop and was told when we have extreme weather changes, this will happen and to check the tire pressure every 3 weeks. This is costing me $5/trip for pressure checks. I have taken my car back to the dealership when I started having these problems, they checked the car, did a test drive, kept it overnight and said no problems were found. Very disappointing and frustrating.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 132014

200 4-cyl

While accelerating or decelerating to the speeds between 50 and 55 mph, the steering wheel gives a vibration, and stays vibrating until a different speed is reached. Before or after the driving speed of 50 and 55 occurs, I do not notice the vibration.

- New Carlisle, OH, USA