2012 Chrysler 200 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chrysler 200:

2012 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Aug 052016

While driving at 40 miles per hour, the hood flew up, and back, into the window and marked the roof. We discovered that the hood release had been pulled earlier, instead of trunk release. My issue, after closing the now "sprung" hood, we tested the secondary "safety" latch, it did not hold

- Valparaiso, IN, USA

Feb 152016

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V282000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. On a separate occasion, when the brakes were applied and the gear was placed into park, the vehicle accelerated through a wall. The air bags deployed. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence and later towed to geico. The front end of the vehicle was replaced. The dealer diagnosed the brakes. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 51,000.

- Ocean Side, CA, USA

Nov 082015

Dear sir/ madam: 11-08-15 a fire occurred at my house which was located at 5253 braidwood cv, on the above date, I parked my 2012 Chrysler 200 in the garage and went to bed. Approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour after retiring, I was awakened by a loud explosion and my neighbors beating on my front door to awaken me and my 21 year old grandson. He also was sleeping in another bedroom. When both of us attempted to escape from the house through the kitchen/garage entrance, we were met my heavy bellowing grey and black smoke that prevented our exit and almost overwhelmed us. Several months later, I am yet suffering from the shock and emotional trauma. Because of dealing with flashbacks, nightmares, intermittent waves of nervousness, deep sadness, feelings of grief/loss, periodic confusion, digestion issues, and numerous financial concerns, I am in professional counseling. I have been unable to write this letter until now. Even now, a friend is assisting me with completing this communication. This is the second contact I have had with your corporation. The first was the morning after the fire, when my son called on my behalf from his cell phone. He was informed that there was no recall of this particular Chrysler 200, however there were some known problems with the gas tank and ignition systems that were built between March and November of 2012. Please understand. I lost my house, 23 long yearsæ worth of cherished belongings, and the car I recently purchased. I lost everything in the fire. I decided that, I would rather initially contact Chrysler directly. My hope is that Chrysler will understand the gravity of the situation and do the right thing without going through expensive attorneys. 901239.0809/email Lois madison!750&authkey=!aalipdbqwpwsze8&ithint=folder%2C

- Memphis, TN, USA

Apr 012014

Can see bubbling thru paint on engine hood took to dealer was told aluminum hood is corroding

- Lancaster, NY, USA

May 132015

When driving, after a rain, especially when turning corners water comes rushing to the front of the car from underneath the dashboard. Most times the passenger side is drench and the driver side is slightly drenched but I'm sure this a problem because there must be wires exposed. Please help.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 312012

200 6-cyl

Within 2 days of purchasing this vehicle, rear brakes were squealing like they would do if they were due to be replaced. I brought it back to the dealership and they supposedly inspected them and told me "its just rust from sitting on the lot and it will clear up after you drive it a while", it continued and a couple months following the first visit I returned with the vehicle and told them it still was making the noise and they checked it out again and said "oh, its just dust on the brakes and if you step on your brakes hard at about 40 mph that should take care of the problem". here we are 2 years later and the rear brakes still make the squealing noise. About June/July of this year timeframe I brought my vehicle in to the dealership because I have about 5 different spots on the hood and grill of the vehicle has the paint "blistering" and rust underneath. The dealership didn't call me and tell me what they were going to do about it so I called them about a month later. The warranty guy at the dealership told me that Chrysler was going to "send a whole new hood" which I guess didn't make much sense to me but whatever. To date I haven't heard from the dealership any further on this matter and the vehicle is nearing the limits on the warranty period for mileage. The dealership I have been dealing with is john hirsch's motors in cambridge, mn.

- Isanti, MN, USA

Mar 252013

. there are about 8 cars ahead of me in my lane as we wait for the green light. When the lights turn green I note that my lane hasn't moved and the buses are steady chugging through the intersection in the left lane I look into my rearview mirror, I was the last car in line for this stop and I hadn't even gotten my foot off the brake and all I could see was a big black grill coming toward me. I braced my hands on the steering wheel and shouted please don't hit me¯ before I could finish the sentence blam!¯ fortunately the cars ahead of me were just starting to move forward. My head snapped so hard my ears went full. The dash mat on my car came at me like an airbag. My phone in the front center console flew forward and hit the shift knob and the back popped off and must have shaken the battery loose. The coffee in my lidded cup spewed out thru the small sipping hole all over the corner of my leather seats. I sat stunned, trying to assess what just happened. I knew that my neck at the base of my skull was burning, as I reached to pull the dash mat off of me I realized my right arm hurt. I still hadn't taken my foot off of the brake and I couldn't believe what just happened. I have been rear ended...almost $5000 worth of rear end damage, and medical bills for whiplash and a broken elbow! I am being told by Chrysler that there is an active head restraint recall (this restraint could have prevented my whiplash). Loss of work, and medical costs, had to hire an attny. Against the other driver, still trying to recover my financial losses.

- Denver , NC, USA