2012 Chrysler 200 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chrysler 200:

2012 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Jul 012016

200

Takata recall - I never received any information regarding this recall. I am just now (July 2016) experiencing the airbag warning light coming on and a warning tone being emitted randomly while I'm in motion. I'm interested to know if I can still take my car to the dealership to have it worked on under N38 13V282?

- Huntingdon, TN, USA

Jun 012013

200

I get a recall about air bag (something about the seats) and my airbag light comes on. I take it in and the dealer wanted to charge a diagnostic charge. I contacted Chrysler and was told to take it back to the dealer and they would look at it. Took it back, and the dealer, herman jenkins in union city tn, stated they could not find the problem. Today I have a air bag light on all the time. Was told by a mechanic, that if the light was on the air bags will not deploy. My wife drive this car every day. I will not buy another Chrysler, if they can't stand behind their product. Could not believe that the dealer could not fix a product they sell!.

- Union City, TN, USA

Mar 102016

200

"takata recall" the issue is in the electrical warning system. The warning indicates air bag. Air bag light is on and has stayed on continues to stay on. It does not flash it just stays on. On the start of the vehicle once the ignition switch is turned on and the car is running. It continues to stay on while vehicle turned on and running. I believe it may be a recall with the modular.

- Carroll, IA, USA

Feb 292016

200

"takata rcall" my air bag light is on in the dash board my car was already at the dealership for another issue the agent informed me the airbag modular has failed I informed the agent there is a recall for the tipm. A defective tipm can cause air bags not to inflate and other major issues. The dealer shi want to charge me $429 to fix

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Feb 162016

200

Airbag warning light on dash, Chrysler stated it was only recalled for computer software update. Dealership stated airbag has internal failure of orc and needs console replaced. Chrysler stated that they would have repaired problem if my car was 2011 model. Would not repair airbag issue since it is 2012 model. Airbags may not deploy when needed, and may deploy when not needed. Very dangerous issue, dealership wants over $450 to correct.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Feb 092016

200

Vehicle was involved in a side impact crash with a guardrail. Vehicle was traveling approximately 45 mph on an interstate highway when the passenger side struck the guardrail. No airbags deployed and my wife who was in the front passenger seat with her seatbelt on was injured on her entire right side.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Nov 162015

200

2012 chrsler 200. AT29509 miles car taken in for transmission problems and leaks. Torque convertor replaced. While there dealer addressed recal N38. Reprogramed tpm. 1may2015 11nov 2015 car was taken in because transmission would not shift. While there air bag light deployed. Code reads occupant restraint control module. Dealer refuses to replace under recall. Mileage52819. Car will be in back for service today. After replacing torque convertor and transmission again it went three miles and wouldnt shift correctly and again stalled on highway. Current issue: Replace occupant restraint module under recall38.

- Appleton, WI, USA

Nov 162015

200

Transmission rebuild and three torque convertors in 6 mo heater warm on left cool on right engine stalls on highway heat worked when taken to draler. They replaced sa clicking blend door actuator in the morning there was warm air on the left and cool air on the right' dealer says need a heater core and radiator. This happened overnight? recall onairbags. No airbag light on at dealer, they flashed the tipm as per recall, now airbag light is on code reads replace occupant controle module. They claim this not on the recall,11V315000

- Appleton, WI, USA

Nov 052015

200

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. While driving 10 mph, the tire pressure gauge malfunctioned, the seat belt warning indicator illuminated, and the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The warning indicators functioned normally after 20 minutes, but the air bag light remained illuminated and a tipm warning indicator flashed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was excluded from NHTSA campaign number: 13V282000 (air bags, electrical system). The failure mileage was approximately 70,000.

- East Taunton, MA, USA

Sep 242015

200

The airbag light came on so I got the code reader and scanned it said it was (driver active headrest control circuit open

- Woonsocket, RI, USA

Jul 102015

200

Van horn Chrysler and Dodge in Plymouth wi. Sold me a vehicle that was in a major front end accident. When they sold me the air the airbag was not attached. The steering was pulling to the right. The suspension was severely damage, it was so severe that when I took the car to Chrysler, I spend money there to get the problems repaired. Because van horn wouldn't pay for the repairs. After Chrysler couldn't make the repairs, because the car had been in a major accident from the previous owner. Chrysler referred me to thei body shop, where I was out of pocket for another additional repair. I also forward this information to Chrysler customer assistant 1-888-992-1997. My case number there is 277741034.they (Chrysler customer assistant) said the car should have never been sold. They informed roy edwards van horn manger to get in touch with me to make a settle. Which he hasn't as to 10/14/205. Tom boweo was the person that I spoke with at milosch's palace collision center, lake orion mi. (248)276-6653. The car is registered to billy turney. My email address is eturney1@wi.rr.com. My phone number is (414)445-8281. My cell number is (414) 793-6615

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Oct 102014

200

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the air bag warning light flashed for several months. The failure progressed and the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but was not diagnosed or repaired. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V282000 (air bags, electrical system). The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000. MA 10/5

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

May 062015

200

Took my car in for airbag safety recall and the work was done.later my airbag light came on and I was told that it was unrelated to the recall but a defective connection for my head restraint airbag was out and it would cost $531 dollard to fix.what a coincidence.now my headrest air bag is non-functioning and the light remains on.this happened at Jeep Chrysler in san leandro, ca. On marina blvd.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Dec 152014

200 4-cyl

There is no major problem but my air bag light went off and I took it to my dealer and they told me that I would have to pay to replace occupant restart controller. I looked on recall site and it states that the problem would be fixed free of charge and they are trying to charge me $289+tax to fix it. Why"??/ is there something that I am missing"

- Rockford, IL, USA

Sep 012014

200

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Mar 032014

200

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact received the recall notification related to NHTSA campaign id number 13V282000 (air bags, electrical system). The contact stated that the dealer and the manufacturer were contacted numerous times and they had no idea when the parts would become available for the repairs. The repair was not taken care of in a reasonable amount of time. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Midland, TX, USA

Apr 252014

200 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, she was rear ended and the air bags failed to deploy. No warning lights illuminated on the instrument panel. The driver's head struck the steering wheel and as a result, the contact sustained tooth trauma and back injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was contacted. There was no diagnosis completed on the vehicle. The failure mileage was 26,000 and the current mileage was 27,000. Updated 06/22/15.

- Ontario, CA, USA

Nov 112013

200

The contact owns 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that a vehicle crashed into the passenger's side of the vehicle. The air bags did no deploy. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries. The cause of failure was unknown. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Milwalkee, WI, USA

Oct 052013

200

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that she received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V282000 (air bags, electrical system) and stated that the parts were not available. The contact also mentioned that the air bag warning light illuminated two weeks sporadically. The vehicle was neither diagnosed nor repaired. The failure mileage was not available.

- High Point, NC, USA

Jan 152013

200 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving approximately 45 mph, the vehicle was crashed into on the driver's side. The driver's side frontal air bag failed to deploy upon impact. The contact sustained injuries to the face and chest. The vehicle was towed to a private repair center. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 4,000.....updated 03/18/13 updated 04/02/2013

- Little River , NC, USA