2012 Chrysler 200 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chrysler 200:

2012 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 242015

200

The airbag light came on so I got the code reader and scanned it said it was (driver active headrest control circuit open

- Woonsocket, RI, USA

Jul 102015

200

Van horn Chrysler and Dodge in Plymouth wi. Sold me a vehicle that was in a major front end accident. When they sold me the air the airbag was not attached. The steering was pulling to the right. The suspension was severely damage, it was so severe that when I took the car to Chrysler, I spend money there to get the problems repaired. Because van horn wouldn't pay for the repairs. After Chrysler couldn't make the repairs, because the car had been in a major accident from the previous owner. Chrysler referred me to thei body shop, where I was out of pocket for another additional repair. I also forward this information to Chrysler customer assistant 1-888-992-1997. My case number there is 277741034.they (Chrysler customer assistant) said the car should have never been sold. They informed roy edwards van horn manger to get in touch with me to make a settle. Which he hasn't as to 10/14/205. Tom boweo was the person that I spoke with at milosch's palace collision center, lake orion mi. (248)276-6653. The car is registered to billy turney. My email address is eturney1@wi.rr.com. My phone number is (414)445-8281. My cell number is (414) 793-6615

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Oct 102014

200

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the air bag warning light flashed for several months. The failure progressed and the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but was not diagnosed or repaired. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V282000 (air bags, electrical system). The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000. MA 10/5

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

May 062015

200

Took my car in for airbag safety recall and the work was done.later my airbag light came on and I was told that it was unrelated to the recall but a defective connection for my head restraint airbag was out and it would cost $531 dollard to fix.what a coincidence.now my headrest air bag is non-functioning and the light remains on.this happened at Jeep Chrysler in san leandro, ca. On marina blvd.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Dec 152014

200 4-cyl

There is no major problem but my air bag light went off and I took it to my dealer and they told me that I would have to pay to replace occupant restart controller. I looked on recall site and it states that the problem would be fixed free of charge and they are trying to charge me $289+tax to fix it. Why"??/ is there something that I am missing"

- Rockford, IL, USA

Sep 012014

200

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Mar 032014

200

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact received the recall notification related to NHTSA campaign id number 13V282000 (air bags, electrical system). The contact stated that the dealer and the manufacturer were contacted numerous times and they had no idea when the parts would become available for the repairs. The repair was not taken care of in a reasonable amount of time. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Midland, TX, USA

Apr 252014

200 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, she was rear ended and the air bags failed to deploy. No warning lights illuminated on the instrument panel. The driver's head struck the steering wheel and as a result, the contact sustained tooth trauma and back injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was contacted. There was no diagnosis completed on the vehicle. The failure mileage was 26,000 and the current mileage was 27,000. Updated 06/22/15.

- Ontario, CA, USA

Nov 112013

200

The contact owns 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that a vehicle crashed into the passenger's side of the vehicle. The air bags did no deploy. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries. The cause of failure was unknown. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Milwalkee, WI, USA

Oct 052013

200

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that she received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V282000 (air bags, electrical system) and stated that the parts were not available. The contact also mentioned that the air bag warning light illuminated two weeks sporadically. The vehicle was neither diagnosed nor repaired. The failure mileage was not available.

- High Point, NC, USA

Jan 152013

200 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving approximately 45 mph, the vehicle was crashed into on the driver's side. The driver's side frontal air bag failed to deploy upon impact. The contact sustained injuries to the face and chest. The vehicle was towed to a private repair center. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 4,000.....updated 03/18/13 updated 04/02/2013

- Little River , NC, USA

Oct 092012

200

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. While driving approximately 45 mph, the contact crashed into the rear end of another vehicle. The driver sustained severe injuries to the right leg and ankle and also suffered from a cracked sternum. A police report was filed of the incident. The air bags failed to deploy with the impact. The vehicle was completely destroyed and towed to savage facility. The manufacturer was notified of the defect and planned to launch an investigation in regard to the faulty air bags. The approximate failure mileage was 850.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Sep 062012

200 4-cyl

I was driving home from work and I was coming down a side street and I saw this U haul van going a high rate of speed at least 35 - 40 mph (the posted speed is 15 mph) and it hit me on the passenger side and pushed me into a tree and while hitting the tree my airbags did not go off and I was hurting at that time, I was taken to the nearest hospital and released and when I went to the dealer and told them what was going on they said its not their problem that I would have to take it up with the manufactor and I did, but like ususal they said they did no wrong their car is up to par but as I read on their website that the airbag is suppose to go off during a side impacted and I am very upset that this happen to me and my car has been sitting and getting worked on since Sept. 6, 2012 and there was a part to my car that was on back order which I am shocked when its a brand new car.I am having the worst time with this whole thing and it seems like no one cares that I got hurt or that I am having so many problems with the car, the insurance and many other things can some one please take a look into my case and help me I can't take anymore...................... I can't or there isn't or sorry for your inconvience I am going crazy.

- Cicero, IL, USA

Sep 062012

200

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving 11 mph another vehicle crashed into the contact which caused the contact to crash into a tree and the air bags failed to deploy. The police report was file. The contact sustained major injuries. The vehicle was destroyed and was towed away from the crashed scene. The dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any additional assistance. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileage was 740.

- Cicero, IL, USA