2012 Chrysler 200 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chrysler 200:

2012 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Apr 302013

200 4-cyl

When backing up from a parking place the first time it happened in the latter part of April 2013, we heard this loud screeching noise coming from what we thought to be the front wheels. I then took the car to the dealership told the service person about it, he then said all cars have been doing it because of the dust storms in the area. The noise has been getting louder and louder it's embarrassing any more to back up ! who would think such a nice and beautiful car would be emitting such a terrible noise. Even my elderly dad has noticed it every time I pick him up and he said what a shame it is that this car makes that horrific sound. On 10-22-13 I reported this problem again our car dealership and asked them to start a case about it and I'd report it to NHTSA. The service manager agrees with me and stated there is a problem with the Chrysler 200 cars and that Chrysler Corp, refuses to admit there is problem with these cars! don"T buy this car!

- Arizona City, AZ, USA

Mar 292012

200 6-cyl

Several times since the purchase of my 2012 Chrysler 200 touring (3.6 liter V6) I have had steering and control problems with the car. Upon doing my own inspection, I discovered that the tires provided on my 18X7inch, *upgraded* factory rims, are substanitally under rated for the size, weight and power of this vehicle. The tires on the V6 200 with the upgraded wheels have a performance rating of 't, ' however after talking to several tire shops and looking a similarly equipped cars, this seems to be an unreasonably low rating for this particular car. It results in sever understeer, harsh cornering, poor brakeing distance, and could result in a blow out. The 4 cylinder version of this same car comes with tires that have a much higher rating. In fact many small family sedans have higer rated tires than the heavy and powerful Chrysler 200. Even other cars offered by Chrysler group. It seems that only the 200 with the upgraded rims has the under performing tires. To make this problem even worse, under hard acceleration the car will continue to accelerate and raise rpms even after my foot is off the gas pedal. This problem, coupled with the poor performing tires caused the car to skid into a the grass median in a corner. No one was hurt and the car was not damaged.

- Gibsonton, FL, USA