2013 Chrysler 200 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chrysler 200:

2013 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

May 202016

The car keeps stalling in traffic, get an engine jump then stalls. Chryslers techs can't even figure it out. Also stalls on freeways and is going to get someone killed. From what I see it's happening in these cars from 2012 to 2015 models everywhere. I'm very sick of going to the dealer and paying hundreds of dollars because of course it's always something not covered under warranty, how convenient. Then either right away or a month later the same issue occurs and get worse and worse. This needs to be addressed immediately.

- Crawfordville, FL, USA

Apr 152016

Driving normal until I slow down or apply brakes. It shuts itself off, I put it in neutral on a complete stop and it turns back on.

- Pharr, TX, USA

Feb 242016

At approximately 41,000 miles, wiring harness to fuel pump shorts out near fuel pump end, causing electrical arcing at fuel components. Entire wiring harness to fuel pump must be replaced due to damage. Overload (fuse box) system failed to mitigate damage. Arcing and fire could have caused further damage or explosion. Vehicle was on a city street when it simply stopped working. Vehicle is currently at putnam Chrysler in burlingame, ca, where it was diagnosed with the defect. Documentation in possession of the dealer.

- San Bruno, CA, USA

Jul 152015

The automobile shuts off while driving, horn blows at anytime, paint chipping on hood

- Chesilhurst, NJ, USA

Jul 142015

On approximately 7/14/15, upon accelerating from a stopped position, my Chrysler 200 hesitated on take off. I had to take my foot off the gas pedal and slowly try accelerating again, still with hesitation, but finally taking off. There was slight hesitation as my vehicle was accelerating, then the fuel seemed to catch up. This has occurred several times randomly since 7/14/15. I took my car to the dealership on 7/23/15 as it is still under manufacturers warranty, explained the situation, and they said they found no problems, that "no codes" showed up on the computer. This problem appears to effect the engine, fuel/propulsion system and speed control. I was very concerned each time this happened of being involved in a car accident. I will continue to be concerned until this problems is resolved. I intend to take it back to the dealership for further investigation into this problem.

- Goose Creek, SC, USA

Oct 202014

200 6-cyl

Oct 2014 I remote started my car. My grandson was in the car, when I came outside I smelled a strong odor of gasoline. Gas fumes was coming through the vents and gas was leaking, took to olathe Dodge they supposedly fixed it. 3 fuel injectors and loose hose. Jan 2014, same thing happened I was driving down the road this time a loud clang, strong gas fumes came through the vents and I parked and had it towed back to olathe Dodge. They fixed again. I got my car back and took it 2 blocks and it was smoking blue/black smoke really bad, I took it back to olathe Dodge. They called me 6 days later and said it was fixed, I took off work to pick it up got in the car the engine light was back on and could still smell gas. They kept the car and gave me rental and called back 7 days later. This time it was fixed. On Feb 17, I was going to hospital to see my new grandson, I got off work started driving and the gas fumes were back in my car. I kept driving to the hospital with the window down about 2 inches because gas fumes coming through vents. I left my car at hospital and called olathe Dodge. They said to bring it down to them. I drove it to olathe knowing that the fumes was coming through the vents. On Feb 18th I went to dr. Because my face was swollen and red. The dr. Said that I was walking in the cold, which caused me to get wind burned. I work in doors. I called poison control to see what I can do. They said that I should not get back in that car until it is fixed because that is dangerous. This is the 6th time that they tried to fix it. Everyone told me that this car is a lemon. I love my car and had high hopes that they would fix it. I have 3 grandbabies that ride with me in my car. What if this car catches on fire.. I would not be able to get my 1, 2, and 3 year old grand babies out of their carseats fast enough... god forbid... please help me.

- Mayetta, KS, USA

Apr 242013

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that she had experienced multiple failures involving the fuel, electrical lighting and the power train. The vehicle also stalled due to lack of fuel despite the fuel level gauge indicating that there were 40 miles of travel remaining before needing to refuel. Additionally, the headlights would flicker on and off, the automatic windows and interior lighting would engage sporadically and independently, and the engine rpms would increase abnormally, causing the vehicle to accelerate independently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but was unable to be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the issues. The approximate failure mileage was 605

- Longwood, FL, USA