2013 Chrysler 200 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chrysler 200:

2013 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 052013

200 4-cyl

This vehicle as a "shutter" on the headlamp. This goes down on low beams and up on high beams. I am unable to drive this vehicle at night, the head lights do not shine down the road, and clearly not be able to see. This is a huge danger issue, that needs to be addressed. Dealership is saying...sorry, nothing that can be done. Please help me.

- Sturtevant, WI, USA

Jan 162013

I bought my 200 in December 2012. Starting in January, the car idles very strangely. When I start the car the engine rattles as if it does not want to start. The brakes have always squeaked as if they need to be replaced and when I asked the dealership, I was told that this is normal and every car squeaks. Lastly, it is difficult to drive during the evening time because of the low lighting. I do not believe I will ever by Chrysler again because the car runs as if it 60,000 miles old. I am afraid it is going to break down any moment. I wish I would have bought the Honda Accord.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Feb 062013

I have been researching complaints on my brand-new 2013 Chrysler 200 limited sport; it seems that there is some kind of "shutter" which limits the forward visibility of the low-beams. As a result, any traveling at the posted speed limit, I.e. above 35 mph, at night, you are struggling to see, and "overdriving" the headlights. Forget about when you are in traffic, with cars approaching, quite literally, you cannot see 40 yards. If a pedestrian darts out, you will not be able to see well enough to react. In my area, there are a great many deer; if I cannot let cars around me, so I am able to use my high beams, I will not be able to see in time. I am very concerned about this issue. Even with the equipped driving lamps on, you still cannot see further. The driving lamps spread to the sides, but not even as far as half of the headlamp distance. The car is wonderful otherwise; but I am truly scared to drive at night with it. I have 20/20 vision with above average night vision, and I still have difficulty; my wife cannot drive my vehicle, and will not at night.

- Glenmoore, PA, USA