6.7

2013 Chrysler 200 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chrysler 200:

2013 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 012016

200

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. While operating the vehicle with the low beam headlights activated, the lights would not illuminate far enough to see the road ahead. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the lights operated normally. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 31,000.

- North Wilkbora, NC, USA

Nov 282015

200

According to darcars, at auth way, temple hills, md 20744, turn signal overheated, causing bulb to fuse into lamp. The entire light has to be replaced.

- Fort Washington, MD, USA

Oct 142015

200

While driving my vehicle in the dark when headlights are on low beam there is no gradual falling off of the light. They light up the road for a few yards ahead and the light immediately ends. It is like there is a wall that stops the light abruptly, I feel very unsafe driving this car after dark and my husband does also. Adjusting lights does not help it is the design. On Oct 14, 2015 a deer ran into the side of my car because I was driving with low beams on I never saw her in the road.

- Stuart, OK, USA

May 042015

200

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that when the vehicle was turned on, the headlight illuminated and suddenly shut off. The contact stated that when the windshield wiper was activated, then the headlight was able to function again. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was informed that the vehicle was functioning as designed. The contact stated that the instrument panel lights would illuminate when the vehicle was turned on intermittently. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 77,730.

- Rogersville, TN, USA

Jun 062013

200

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. While driving at approximately 20 mph with the headlights engaged, the illumination was extremely dim. The failure distorted the visibility while driving at night. In order to illuminate the road, the contact activated the high beams. The vehicle was taken to the dealer numerous times where the bulbs were replaced, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 300.

- Palmetto, FL, USA

Oct 282014

200

On October 28th, 2014 I dropped my car off at the dealership for repair with complaints of electrical issues. The alarm was performing with unpredictable tendencies and was not disarming in order to enter the car. After driving a rental for two weeks that came out of my pocket the dealership claimed that they could not duplicate the problem in order to fix it.I was forced to take the car back knowing that the problem was not fixed.the random electrical problems progressed and the car ignition began having serious issues. Once the key was turned to ┐┐off ┐┐ the car would restart and the indicator light would say ┐┐key in ignition┐Ł although the key had been removed from the ignition. I would have to turn and hold the key to the ┐┐on┐Ł position for several seconds before the car would turn over. On December 15th, 2014 I attempted to put the key into the ignition and the engine did not turn over at all.I removed the key from the ignition and the engine began to make the sounds as if it was going to turn over at least 10 times while the key was out of the ignition. On January 15th, 2015 I received a call from the service rep at the dealership. He said that he was advised by my case manager at Chrysler customer care to call and tell me that I had to come and pick up my car although the problem had not been resolved. The service rep said that they had replaced the tipm (totally integrated power module), the battery, and the clock that flickers yet the electrical issues repeated even after the replacement of the tipm. He continued to say that the Chrysler engineers did not know how to fix the problem. This car is still within the formal lemon law rights period Łand I am asking Chrysler for appropriate action in a timely manner.

- Aventura, FL, USA

Dec 222014

200

While driving the vehicle on several occasions the hazard lights would turn on without the button being pressed. After that 1st incident it's happened more often than not and other drivers are thinking that we need to pull over when we don't. I'm not sure what the cause of this is, but it's a new vehicle and if this continues it's going to cause me possibly getting a ticket with law enforcement. Which is something I'm going to pursue Chrysler paying because this is a major problem for me.

- Taylorsville, UT, USA

Dec 232014

200

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving at night, the headlights failed. As a result, the road was difficult to view. The vehicle was diagnosed and repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Dalmetto, FL, USA

Jan 232013

200 6-cyl

(this is a resubmission of complaint # 10649389 to which I added lighting and corrected the VIN) and the speed that the squealing and squeaking occur are from 15 to 0 mph. 2013 200 limited V6 the brakes squeal from what has been blamed on corrosion, the first in my 20+ cars. The dealer did a resurfacing and added a squeak to the squeals. Now at 37K miles I have to suffer to watch pedestrians turn and look to see what all the noise is when I am coming to a stop at lights. After reading the complaints about headlights I now know why the on-coming cars are always flashing me, the lights are angled up to counter act the issue. On the upside, otherwise would have dumped this heap, the gas mileage is great on the highway only and it is a good riding vehicle for 23K new.

- Port Isabel, TX, USA

Sep 292014

200 4-cyl

At night 8 pm driving South on I-4 to tampa in rainstorm. Heavy traffic with rain and water off other cars and trucks. Traffic speed 60 mph. Headlights stopped working. Repeatedly turned headlights on and off to try to get them on again. Most of the time you could see the parking lights go on but not the headlights. Twice the headlights flashed on for less than 1/4 second before turning off. After driving 10 miles to the nearest exit and exited I-4 and stopped the car. At this time it was only drizzling and no spray from other cars or trucks. Turned the headlights off again and on and this time they stayed on for the last 50 miles where we had only drizzle and no spray from any cars or trucks. Drove the car another 200 miles but never in anything but mild drizzle but always in the daylight but could not tell any malfunction. Will return to enterprise today and report incident to them.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Jun 262014

200 4-cyl

On the drivers side headlight at night after 75 feet their is a black shadow. Leaving you blind when driving thru streets and hillside at night. Traveling at 75 mph on highway leaves no time to stop. Have taken into dealer and told that Chrysler says this is normal will not fix even though they feel it is a hazard. Talked with other owner they also say it is a problem for them and have quit driving at night. Have a printout from Chrysler stating the above.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Dec 262013

200 6-cyl

2013 Chrysler 200. Consumer writes in regards to numerous repairs and vehicle recalls issues. The check engine light illuminated. The technician diagnosed the code P0441 evap purge valve. The water pump, gasket, serpentine belt, idler pulley and multi-function switch were replaced.

- Union Beach, NJ, USA

Nov 012013

200 4-cyl

The contact owns 2013 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the low beams headlight would only illuminate 30 to 40 feet, causing his visibility to be diminished. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician stated that the vehicle was working up to standards. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 2,300. Updated 04/22/14 upated 04/23/14

- Lake Lucerne, NY, USA

Apr 242013

200

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that she had experienced multiple failures involving the fuel, electrical lighting and the power train. The vehicle also stalled due to lack of fuel despite the fuel level gauge indicating that there were 40 miles of travel remaining before needing to refuel. Additionally, the headlights would flicker on and off, the automatic windows and interior lighting would engage sporadically and independently, and the engine rpms would increase abnormally, causing the vehicle to accelerate independently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but was unable to be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the issues. The approximate failure mileage was 605

- Longwood, FL, USA

Jun 192013

200

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving approximately 45 mph uphill, the low beam headlights were activated but failed to project adequate lighting beyond one hundred feet. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for inspection. The drop down lenses for the headlight projectors was adjusted. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 200.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Sep 142013

200 4-cyl

While driving on an unlit 2 lane road I experienced ( the first of several instances) the most dangerous automobile lighting conditions of my 50 years of driving. Trust me this is scary! the headlights have a shutter system for normal and bright headlight control that is so bad I felt the need to pull off of the road to consider continuing my travel. When the headlights are set to dim it is like driving in a dark tunnel with visibility of only the immediate 20 feet in front of the car with no visibility at all of anything to the side. Nothing can be seen above about 5 feet of the road. When one encounters a turn in the road the driver is unable to see beyond the curve. I beg you to investigate this problem and force Chrysler to replace the shutter system before someone is killed. Please send someone from your organization out to drive one of these automobiles on a dark night on a road with no street lights. I dare them to do it more then once. Thank you.

- Kirkland, WA, USA

Jul 192011

200

The headlights on the 2013 Chrysler 200 LX Z are so bad that you can not see anything at night. Their is only one blub for high and low beam. All the light does is drop a piece of plastic over hilf of the headlight to make it low beam, which you can't see anything be on 15 feet ahead of you, and high beam isn't any better. I've tryed to get help from Chrysler about this problem, they know it's there but nothing can be done about it. All you have to do is go on line and see where alot of Chrysler 200 owners are saying the same thing. I live in East tenn. And one day I took a trip over the mountains, I started home after dark and had to really tailgate a car ahead of me to stay in the road, and road signs were not seen at all, I hope other owners of Chrysler 200's are doing what I doing to get this problem fixed before alot of people really get hurt. Thank you for letting me have my say.

- Seviervill, , TN, USA

May 062013

200

This vehicle has "shutter" headlights which make it unsafe to drive this vehicle at night. The seeing distance is very low. When high beams are on, they do not shine down the road but to the trees. Oncoming traffic does not even notice high beams are in use. I have spoken to the dealer and to Chrysler and have been told that is how they are made and nothing can be done. I have read several other complaints / concerns on the same issue, and Ram trucks are being recalled due to the same issue.

- Sturtevant, WI, USA

May 012013

200 6-cyl

The headlamps on this vehicle, on low beam, project light that is inadequate for speeds above 30-35 mph, especially on rural roads. You simply cannot see more than approximately 40 yards in front of the car. Extremely unsafe for night driving.

- Danville, CA, USA

Apr 272013

200 6-cyl

The headlamps on this vehicle are a safety hazard, you can not see at night, I almost hit a parked car at night because of the poor visibility.

- Oakland, TN, USA