2013 Chrysler 200 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chrysler 200:

2013 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Aug 122015

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving at 40 mph, an abnormal noise emitted from the front of the vehicle as it started to vibrate violently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the inner tie rod needed to be replaced and a wheel alignment needed to be performed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 9,000. MA 10/25/15

- Delray Beach, FL, USA

Nov 122013

From almost the beginning of owning this car it has made a noise in the left front driver's side. The steering wheel feels lose, like it could come apart. I had brake issues also. The dealer was able to find the brake noise, but not the noise in the left front driver's side. They say there is nothing they can detect. Yet, my car continues to make this noise. Now, I'm not a mechanic, but my car should not be making a noise if everything is alright. Checked on youtube and many people with Chrysler 200's, 2013's are having the same problem. They say their mechanics either cannot find the problem, or it's 1. steering column 2. outer tie rod end or sway bar end links 3. ball joints 4. bushings can be worn on control arms of sway bar or 4. tie rod. My dealer cannot find any of that wrong with my car, yet, I believe it is one of these problems. My car was purchased at moore, Chrysler, Jeep, Subaru, at 8700 w. bell, road in glendale, Arizona. I am a single lady, living on social security disability. My dad bought this car for me. I cannot afford to have all these problems fixed if the warranty runs out, and the dealer lets it. I need them to take responsibility and fix my car.

- El Mirage, AZ, USA

Sep 152014

A loud clunking noise, which sounds like it is coming from the left driver side wheel. The noise has gotten much worse over the last month. I can hear it inside the car, and I can feel it in the steering wheel.. it does it all the time, weather I am turning, or driving straight.. bumpy or smooth roads.

- Maricopa, AZ, USA

Sep 232013

I bought this car September 14 2013. With in a week it was in the shop due to alignment issues and other cosmetic issues, fixed cosmetic issues and did an alignment on the car with in 4 days the alignment went out again was back in the shop again and underwent another alignment had the car back for about 4 days again alignment was off again and during a drive to Michigan the floor got hot. The next day the floor got hot again and the car shut off. I had to take it to the shop again. After another 5 days the alignment was out again. They but it on the road force and the alignment was fixed. Now my car shakes, the engineer at Chrysler said its the tires, replaced tired and it still shakes. This car is unsafe for my family and is a nightmare on trying to get them to get me a new car. Thank you for listening.

- Nappanee , IN, USA

Oct 042012

200 6-cyl

We test drove a different car than the one we took delivery on and it seemed fine. We took delivery on this vehicle and have trouble since we drove it off the lot. When starting from a slow roll or a dead stop when you accelerate it violently pulled to the right. We returned this car and it was serviced. They did an alignment and checked tire pressure. It was improved but still pulled. Secondly when driving on a less than perfect road the driver continually feels like a loss of control could happen at any time not to mention driving in windy conditions or the snow here in Michigan. Recently we had the vehicle back to a local dealer and was told the car has torque pull and it's normal. I asked about the wondering all over the road and the service rep said the service tech didn't notice anything wrong. Note the road it was drove on is less than five old concrete. This vehicle requires two hands all the time. We feel as if there is a problem with this model Chrysler 2013 200 and is not being addressed by Chrysler. I have looked in several forums and have read about several other owners having the same trouble. Any assistance in resolving this problem would be great.

- Chesterfield Twp , MI, USA

Jul 012013

200 6-cyl

2013 Chrysler 200. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle acceleration problems. The consumer stated when accelerating from a dead stop or at any speed, the vehicle would pull to the right, unless he held the steering wheel very tight, in order to keep the vehicle straight. The dealer performed an alignment. However, the problem continued. Chrysler claimed it was normal.

- Ocala, FL, USA