2014 Chrysler 200 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler 200:

2014 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Nov 072016

None

- Oxford, MS, USA

Apr 052016

200

The car was bought with a 7 year 100,000 mile certified warranty, with 29,000 miles. At about 31,000 miles while city street driving the brakes started grinding and squeaking when coming to a stop, took to dealer, they said every thing was fine. Another 200 miles same problem, returned to dealer they changed the brake pads. 200-300 more miles returned to dealer with the same problem they said they changed the rotors. Driving one day applied brakes and the ABS system failed and the brakes did a rapid thumping sound and I had no brakes. I was able to maneuver and not hit anyone, once again they checked the rotors and the brakes, said ok. My front rims are black from brake dust. At night when I turn the heating system on I can see a spark behind the nob. What is up with that?. I can't put a specific date on the events because it happens when ever I drive. The car pulls to the right on freeway when driving, and sounds like the bottom is falling out when driving city streets

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Apr 082016

200

"takata recall" the brake doesnt work well. Sometimes its accelerate by its self. The speed when your driving in the freeway goes up and goes down by it self. You feel like there something shifting in the bottom of the car when you stop. I even crash one time when im driving on the streets because it accelerated when I press the brake. It wont stop at all. You can call me at 562-278-4880

- Northridge, CA, USA

Aug 042015

200

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving at 35 mph, the brake light illuminated. The contact depressed the brake pedal and the vehicle accelerated independently. As a result, the vehicle crashed into another vehicle and the air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained hip and foot injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where the technician was unable to determine a failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 34,000.

- St Louis, MO, USA

Jan 012015

200

I have taken my car into the dealership to address the constant squealing of the brakes and the emergency brake indicator light randomly turning on. The dealership said there was nothing wrong with the brakes or the electrical system. The brakes are so loud and noisy that people can hear my car coming from far off, they sound like I own an old beat-up vehicle that has never been serviced. This car is brand new and should not be so embarrassingly loud each time I hit the brakes whether it's at a slow creep or on the highway. The emergency brake indicator light on the dash is also very concerning. At first the indicator light for the emergency brake would come on at the top of any hill or incline, like at the top of a ramp to enter the freeway. Now, the indicator light for the emergency brake randomly comes on at least once a day. I am afraid that one day the vehicle will try to engage the brake itself, or that my car will lock up while I am driving fast down the highway. The emergency brake has never been engaged manually by me except when I park at locations where I use the E-brake as a safety precaution. This should not happen while driving and especially if I haven't touched it. The dealership says there is nothing wrong, I beg to differ. The tire sensor for my passenger side, rear tire always says the tire pressure is low as well. It will say the tire is low about once a month, and it's always only this tire. I check the pressure with a hand gauge and all is fine. This vehicle obviously has some sort of electrical issue and the brakes are just horrid!! I would love to get rid of this vehicle but unfortunately with it being so new I am far from being able to do so. What a disappointment Chrysler!!

- Heartland, TX, USA

May 072015

200 6-cyl

The brakes make a lot of noise as if they needed to be replaced because of wear but the car was brand new. I have taken it to the dealership and they said all of Chrysler's 200 have this same problem with the brakes. That there is nothing wrong with the brakes....updated 09/22/15

- South Ogden, UT, USA

May 082014

200

The brakes make a lot of noise as if they needed to be replaced because of wear but the car was brand new. I have taken it to the dealership several times and they always say the same thing: All of Chrysler's 200 have this same problem with the brakes. That there is nothing wrong with the brakes. This is terrible because people know I'm coming just by the noise.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

May 152013

200

My rotors are bad they messed my brakes up I've took it to the company 4 times there still messed up my engine was leaking oil my RPM get stuck an my car doesn't like to switch gears when I'm drive it I've took it to the company they said it was ok they all do it.

- Vallejo, CA, USA

Feb 262014

200

As I start to slow down my brake light comes on and a bell rings. The brake light will remain on for about a half mile and sometimes longer.

- Newalla, OK, USA

Apr 042014

200

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the vehicle's suspension was unstable. The vehicle coasted from left to right intermittently. In addition, there was a short in the instrument panel, the gauges flashed repeatedly, and the ABS sensor illuminated intermittently. The dealer was unable to duplicate the failures. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 2,000.

- Groveland, FL, USA

Mar 052014

200

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while engaging the brakes, the vehicle made a loud grinding noise. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure but decided to replaced the brake pads. The failure recurred. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 5,000 and the current mileage was 9,200.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Jul 022014

200

Vehicle: 2014 Chrysler 200. Scene: Huntington ave. Boston, MA, in slow mid-day traffic (12:30 pm). The engine suddenly shut off. Steering and brakes became inoperable. I did not even realize that the engine had stopped running until after I tried to use the steering and brakes. The car would not restart. Passersby helped push it to the curb.

- Rockport, MA, USA