2014 Chrysler 200 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler 200:

2014 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Nov 112016

200

On my way home I was driving in a very hilly location, while on a hill my car stayed having issues accelerating, a lightning bolt light flashed on and than it leveled out, kept happening on and off till I sripped at a gas station. I went to leave and put the case in reverse and the car accelerated on its on causing me to slam on the breaks other wise I would have rammer into the gas pump. So I pulled back into the parking space and looked up what that light was. It said (electronic throttle control) I read if it was safe to drive sonce I had my 2 little ones in the car with me. It said not to, so we had to get a hotel because it was 11pm. And had to wait to take it to the shop on the morning. On the way to the shop, it started puttering so bad, didn't think I was going to make it there. And at one point after the puttering it had leveled out and than it accelerated on its own again. This is a major saftey hazard and should be recalled! I shouldn't have had to pay $800 for something that shouldn't be malfunctioning after only owning it for a year! putting me, my children, and others on the roads lives on danger! recall this part!

- Zimmerman, MN, USA

Apr 082016

200

"takata recall" the brake doesnt work well. Sometimes its accelerate by its self. The speed when your driving in the freeway goes up and goes down by it self. You feel like there something shifting in the bottom of the car when you stop. I even crash one time when im driving on the streets because it accelerated when I press the brake. It wont stop at all. You can call me at 562-278-4880

- Northridge, CA, USA

Aug 042015

200

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving at 35 mph, the brake light illuminated. The contact depressed the brake pedal and the vehicle accelerated independently. As a result, the vehicle crashed into another vehicle and the air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained hip and foot injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where the technician was unable to determine a failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 34,000.

- St Louis, MO, USA

Jan 232015

200

I bought my car in March 2014 with only a few miles on it. I had my check engine light come on many times and I was told it was my gas cap. Well after a few months of this I noticed that my car would lose power and although I would press the accelerator my car continued to decline in speed. I have contacted the dealer and they told me to call and make an appointment when the check engine light came on. I tried to explain to them that this happens and it will last a few min to a few days. I was told well that"S odd you don't have any recalls or any complaints on your car. I even asked them about a replacement part that I came across that was done to my are right before I bought it and they told me they have no record. Sure is funny they did the replacement on it. Needless to say I have had my car over year and I can't get any answers on this issue. It"S super dangerous because it usually happens when I am going over 50 mpg......updated 09/22/15

- South Ogden, UT, USA

Aug 012014

200

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving at 30 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. On one occasion, while driving at 55 mph, the vehicle abruptly accelerated to 100 mph. The brake pedal was applied numerous times and the emergency brake was engaged in order to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to the dealer several times where it was informed that the vehicle was operating normal. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 5,783.

- Bloomington, MN, USA