4.2

2014 Chrysler 200 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler 200:

2014 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Dec 302016

200

Takata recall still has no resolution from the manufacturer. Was notified in October and still nothing about them fixing it. How long do my family and I have to drive around with faulty seat belts and airbags?

- Kaukauna, WI, USA

Oct 102016

200

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags, seat belts). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Dec 032016

200

My 2014 Chrysler 200 is subject to the S61 recall because the air bag and seat belt may not deploy or operate properly in an accident. Fca says it has no fix for the issue, but is comfortable with placing my young daughter's life at risk every time she drives. Apparently it is cheaper for them to pay off in a death than really take care of the issue. They clearly can do something since they offer reimbursement if you have already had the issue fixed and they no longer use that faulty device in their new vehicles. Chrysler's response to wait and see if something happens is totally unacceptable. Chrysler should be forced to take these vehicles off the road and provide compensation to owners even if that is a deal to trade at the customer's benefit for an equivalent car without this issue. To add insult to injury, one of their dealers was going to "help" me by offering me $5000 less than blue book value on a new commesurate vehicle and upping my monthly payments by $200.

- Muskego, WI, USA

Nov 012016

200 4-cyl

I was notified by mail that the occupant restraint controller was causing a loss of air bag and seat belt pretensioner deployment capability during a crash. I called Chrysler and was told that the parts would not be available to fix my vehicle for 2-5 months. I explained that this is the only vehicle that I own and I have a child riding with me. I drive at least 50 miles per day and I felt unsafe driving knowing this about my vehicle. They said there was nothing that they could do and that they would notify me when the parts became available. If there is a known problem that the seatbelts and airbags are not working properly in the event of a crash I feel as if they need to offer a option for the vehicle owners who use this vehicle as their daily driver. I feel as if they are not taking into consideration the safety of my daughter and I in the event of a crash.

- Franklin, IN, USA

Aug 012014

200

The driver seat belt has some issues with buckling. Ultimately, it does buckle but it is not secure. There has been instances where it unbuckled because of a body movement. In order to buckle it I have to insert the belt into the buckle at least 5-6 times, and even then I am not sure if it is entirely secure. This is a huge safety hazard for me.

- Mesa, AZ, USA