3.2

2014 Chrysler 200 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler 200:

2014 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Nov 012016

200

I was notified by mail that the occupant restraint controller was causing a loss of air bag and seat belt pretensioner deployment capability during a crash. I called Chrysler and was told that the parts would not be available to fix my vehicle for 2-5 months. I explained that this is the only vehicle that I own and I have a child riding with me. I drive at least 50 miles per day and I felt unsafe driving knowing this about my vehicle. They said there was nothing that they could do and that they would notify me when the parts became available. If there is a known problem that the seatbelts and airbags are not working properly in the event of a crash I feel as if they need to offer a option for the vehicle owners who use this vehicle as their daily driver. I feel as if they are not taking into consideration the safety of my daughter and I in the event of a crash.

- Franklin, IN, USA

Aug 012014

200

The driver seat belt has some issues with buckling. Ultimately, it does buckle but it is not secure. There has been instances where it unbuckled because of a body movement. In order to buckle it I have to insert the belt into the buckle at least 5-6 times, and even then I am not sure if it is entirely secure. This is a huge safety hazard for me.

- Mesa, AZ, USA