CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Oct 252016

200

I own a 2015 Chrysler 200.I was driving it the first month when I bought it( which is July 2016) and unexpectedly the car started to slow down from 55 to 35mph. I was really surprised because I wasn't even hitting the brake.I went to the dealer and check, he told me that everything is ok. But last month I was driving home, I saw something on the road at the last minute. I slowed down but the car didn't respong, I hit that thing. I didn't even know what it was.maybe an animal or something that was laying down on the road. The front of my car was broken. One of my headlight is broken. The dealer told me that maybe something is wrong with the car. And my car need actually about $2000 to be repaired. My car is brand new and still have warranty on it. I am tried to use the insurance to repair it but nobody is really helping me with that, until yesterday when I got that letter on the mail (safety recall about my car )

- East Moline, IL, USA

Sep 012016

200

Ive had trouble with this vehicle since I took possession 6/30/2014! issues has been: Brakes(2X), uconnect (numerous times taken in for service and still has the same problem), aux- (numerous times taken in for service and still has the same problem, driver chair lever, vehicle shut down with flashing dash and gear lights while driving causing near death accidents (numerous times), radio shut down, vehicle came to a complete shut down and I had to have it towed, vehicle wouldn't start and I had it towed, vehicle accelerates on its own after the brake is released (take in numerous times and still had this problem, this ongoing issue has caused me to get into an accident and now Chrysler has denied my claim for them to fix my vehicle due to there negligent. I take the vehicle in for service for these ongoing issues and I get the vehicle back stating that there is nothing wrong but I have the same problems overtime!! I have video and pictures.

- Grosse Pointe, MI, USA

Sep 062016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving 10 mph, the contact crashed into another vehicle. The front impact bar disengaged from the subframe. A police report was filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the front impact bar needed to be re-welded to the subframe. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 10,000...updated 10/04/16..updated 10/13/16

- Arkansas City, KS, USA

Apr 282016

200

Was involved in a 3 -car accident on 04/27/2016 per the way he vehicle was hit and the damages, the airbags should have deployed, no airbags deployed and car would not turn off... meaning the push to start would not turn off engine... the vehicle was in motion when accident occurred and there is no reason exactly why the airbags didn't deploy being that the axle is damaged as well.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jun 162015

200

1.delayed/harsh shift from 2nd to 3rd gear. Especially harsh when the vehicle was cold. 2.vehicle lunges forward when downshifting rapidly. For example, if I was driving 55mph and had to stop quickly, as the transmission downshifted the entire vehicle would thrust/jump around 3rd-4th gears. It almost feels like the car is going to accelerate instead of stopping. 3.in a situation where the vehicle is slowed, but not stopped, and then accelerated (such as exiting a parking lot onto a major road), once the accelerator is applied, the engine rpms shoot up, but the transmission delays dramatically before upshifting, causing the vehicle to jerk. 4.at speeds between 24-26mph, the transmission jumps around wildly between gears causing the vehicle to jerk. After multiple service visits and software updates, the transmission and torque converter were replaced. The vehicle has been driven for over 3 weeks since this repair, and issues 2, 3 & 4 still exist. Other issues: 1.intermittent extended crank time┐2-3 times longer than a typical crank before starting. A.engine code showed the dealership there had been extended crank times. Dealership attempted repairs, citing an oil pressure problem, but issue continued. B.on a separate service visit, we were told this was due to a recall and they were awaiting parts. C.recall work was performed around 12/1/15, but the issue still exists. The issue has actually gotten substantially worse since the weather has gotten cold. 5.┐park┐ not engaging properly. When putting the vehicle into ┐park┐, there was a loud clunking sound. When the brake was released, the car would roll forward. A.this issue seems to have been resolved by repairs around 12/1/15.

- New Bern, NC, USA

Aug 222015

200

Noticed that my front bumper is warping away from the headlights and is also damaging the body paint as a result of flexing when driving. This is now the 4th issue with this vehicle since purchase to go along with my multiple repairs for brakes, transmission, and esim (fuel system).

- N Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jun 232015

200

Sheet metal welding issues that causes water to leak into the backseat and cause major carpet damage.

- Redford, MI, USA

Apr 102015

200 6-cyl

I read the manual from first page to last when I purchased the vehicle 1) no mention of sliding arm rest and the fact that it doesn't lock in position. Very stiff to move from driver position, so I wasn't aware 2) when arm rest is slid forward it encroaches over the rear cup holder. 3) when cup holder/console storage cover is slid back halfway and locked in position, the armrest when slid forward encroaches over both cup holders. Appears very hazardous, so unbeknownst of this feature and while I was accelerating from 0 mph at traffic light that had just changed to green, the passenger in the back seat had pushed on the arm rest for an unknown reason (probably thinking it was stationary). As the arm rest shot forward, it squashed and propelled my large coffee cup through the cockpit area. Luckily it was not hot, but the problem was that it was a complete distraction not knowing this could happen. When I looked to see what the heck was happening, the vehicle in front of me had already been braking to stop. For that split second I wasn't paying attention to my driving from the distraction, I crashed into the rear of the vehicle in front of me. A design flaw? maybe add a locking mechanism. This is very hazardous without knowing the sliding armrest feature that could sever a drink cup in half while driving. I'm calling Chrysler customer service (800) 247-9753 and Chrysler group recall assistance (800) 853-1403 I know I'm responsible for the control of my vehicle, but something needs to be done about this hazard and I may seek compensation for my deductible. Yeah, good luck with that, right?

- Grand Ledge , MI, USA

Dec 062014

200

As I pulled out onto the highway, my car began to stall, it would not pull forward. It made a noise like the transmission is going out. So, I came to a complete stop and started on my route again. This has happened several times. The last time was 2/21/2015 at just over 5100 miles. My car would not change gears, so I had to come to a complete stop and turn the car off and restart the car in order for the gears to change. I have also noticed that the floor board on the drive side passenger floor is wet. I have no idea where the water is coming from.

- College Park, GA, USA