CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 10 of 11)

Jul 152015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced various failures and all the warning indicators illuminated continuously. The vehicle was diagnosed previously for electrical failures, but the failures persisted. The dealer stated that the parts to repair the failure were not available. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was approximately 22,000.

- Siccily Island , LA, USA

Sep 102015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving 20 mph, the uconnect system failed. The failure of the uconnect system caused the radio to display all white on the navigation system screen. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V461000 (equipment). The vehicle was taken to the dealer to have the recall repair remedied; however, the part was unavailable. While driving in inclement weather and due to the glare from the navigation screen, the contact was involved in crash with a pedestrian crossing the street. Due to the glare, the contact was unable to see the pedestrian. A police report was filed. The pedestrian did not suffer any injuries. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 11,200.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Feb 132015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 55 mph, the headlights were activated, but the headlights and tail lights failed. As a result, another vehicle crashed into the rear of the contact's vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained unknown injuries that did not require medical attention. In addition, while parked with the vehicle started, the vehicle jerked forward without warning and crashed into a curb. There were no injuries. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100.

- St Louis, MO, USA

Jun 092015

200

When I am driving my whole panel turns off and on, I go to take off and it hesiate a few seconds than goes, it does it at stop lights and while on the highway in traffic, brakes make a real loud noise I leave it park most of the time I am at 6320 mile I bought it in April 17, 2015 I should be over 10,000 mile but I am afraid to drive

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jul 282015

200

While on vacation, I was travelling down a highway at 60 mph. Suddenly the accelerator on my recently leased 2015 Chrysler 200 somehow decoupled with the drive train. The D in my dashboard started flashing and the car began coasting. The engine was on, and I had power steering, but no acceleration. Somehow, without any ability to control my car's speed, I got to the shoulder without being hit by one of the many 18 wheelers on the freeway. The car had just over 800 miles on the odometer. Eventually the car was towed to a local dealership. They helped me rent a car and I continued my vacation. They replaced a faulty crank sensor and I returned to pick the car up a week later. But before I'd even driven 30 miles, I experienced the exact same problem again. As the D in the dashboard flashed, the car essentially went into neutral and began coasting down the freeway. I almost caused an accident getting to the side of the road. My heart was racing after this horrific and exasperating experience. Chrysler roadside assistance towed the car to a nearby dealership that couldn't recreate the problem, so the dealership where I bought the car had it returned to them. They kept my car in the shop for a full week, eventually replacing the pmc. I picked up my repaired car, but lo and behold, before I had driven much more than 20 miles, the exact same thing happened for a third time, but this time on a surface road. By this time, I'm out of my mind with fear, indignation and frustration. This is my life. I only have one of them that I know of. I want to extend it as long as possible. The 2015 Chrysler 200 is dangerous and I will never feel comfortable driving it. I'm looking at all the possible ways I can get away from this unsafe and unreliable vehicle.

- Pontiac, MI, USA

Aug 172015

200

Brakes stopped working. After they stopped working and almost caused a crash the light to service the brakes came on. Not even a year old. Also had problems with the uconnect working but the brakes were a huge deal breaker.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jul 052015

200

At the time of incident, the car was 11 months old. I was driving at 50 mph when the engine stalled and would not start again. It shook and sputtered continuously when attempting to start. I had the vehicle towed to the nearest dealership. It was returned to me after one day of repairs. I drove six miles and parked at a shopping center. When attempting to leave the shopping center parking lot, the vehicle once again refused to start, even though I was told it had been repaired. I had it towed again. The vehicle underwent repairs and testing for an entire week before being returned to me yet again. I have driven the vehicle since then with no apparent issues, but the problem I encountered must be prevented before it occurs. It was life-threatening, and it would be even more so had I been driving at freeway speeds or parked in dangerous surroundings.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Aug 102015

200

I was traveling on highway 17 and attempting to traverse an overpass at 66mph, when suddenly my check engine light came on and the car began to lurch and decelerate. I put on my hazards and was attempting to apply brakes and navigate to the shoulder when I lost my ability to steer the vehicle and the service transmission alarm began going off. I pressed the brakes until the car came to a complete stop (thankfully was not rear-ended) and turned the car off and back on. Luckily the car restarted, however after traveling less than 500ft the problem occurred again. This time I was able to pull into a parking lot and call my husband. I turned the car off and waited a few minutes before restarting, however the car only stayed on for about 45 seconds before it died and would not restart. I contacted Chrysler roadside assistance after providing my location, the customer service rep asked me the following question point blank "were you driving down the road and your car stalled?" to which I replied that it was curious she asked me that as it was exactly what happened. I asked her if it was a known issue and she said no she was just required to ask the question. The car was towed to the dealership and the following codes were noted: P2302, P2305, P2308, P2311. Intermittent aod and B feed circuits F3 3. the dealership flashed the PCM, inspected, repaired the pdc connector C4 terminal pushouts on pins 15 & 18. But after reading the numerous complaints here, I was not convinced that the issue was resolved. I contacted my friend and sales person who's father owned the dealership, and they assisted us with a vehicle trade as having your car die and lose steering at 66mph is a huge safety issue. I am amazed at the number of complaints on this site which has failed to raise alarm for both Chrysler and NHTSA....I guess someone has to die first due to this issue...

- Elizabeth City, NC, USA

Jul 252015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving approximately 50 mph, the vehicle decelerated as the instrument panel illuminated. As a result, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was restarted. The contact mentioned that the failure recurred four times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was repaired under an unknown manufacturers recall but the failure recurred. The vehicle was towed back to the dealer where the technician informed that the engine control module or the ignition control module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 2,000.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jun 172015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving, the vehicle independently shifted into neutral at any speed. The contact stated that the vehicle had to wait a brief period to restart the vehicle. After the failure occurred, all the warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the technician diagnosed that the system needed to be upgraded. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 13,000.

- Waterloo, IL, USA

Jul 272015

200

Leaving for work in the am, started my 2015 Chrysler 200, reversed out of my driveway, made it to the corner of my cul de sac and the engine completely shut off. There was a message in the display including the words "trans, " and "emergency park." The entire electrical system shut down and the emergency brake engaged. I could not put the car in park because the gear system was locked up. When the tow truck arrived he had a hard time with it because the emergency brake would not release, and the wheels would not roll. I couldn't move this car if I wanted to. I couldn't open the trunk, lock the doors, use flashers, nothing... anything electrical was out of commission. My local Chrysler dealership had the car for two days, said they "performed many software upgrades" and "test drove it extensively" and that it was fixed. 20 minutes after I picked it up, I was driving in the center lane of a 3-lane highway, with my 4 year old and 1 year old in the car, and the engine shut down and the car's power and electrical system shut down also. Luckily, I was able to coast into a parking lot. I had the car towed back to the dealer again. The manager of the dealership said if it happens again, I can replace the car or they will buy it back. I am terrified to drive this car again. I was lucky the first time, barely lucky the second time, who knows what situation I might be in if I agree to let this happen again? I cannot put my children in this car again. This vehicle is a substantial safety risk, and also poses additional risks to other drivers on the road around it. Since everything shuts off when this happens, if I were to get into a crash as a result of it, the airbags likely would not deploy, adding to the risk of injury. I do not feel comfortable in a Chrysler 200, I no longer want this vehicle.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Apr 092015

200

On April 9, 2015, with my entire family in the car, we suffered a complete computer shutdown at 55 mph just four miles from my home. I was able to get my car almost off the road before it coasted to a stop. During this shutdown I was not able to steer the car, use the brakes, use the gas, or pull safely off the road. After tugging the shifter nob into park and trying to start the car it just made terrible clicking sounds. The service lights would flash and the car would shake as the engine was making these loud clicking sounds. I was not able to restart the car and was forced to leave it where it sat for the tow truck to arrive. I was informed that there was a problem with the power distribution center and it needed to be replaced. I was without a vehicle for 7 days from the time needed to get the part and having to wait for a ride to the dealership to pick my car up. The car continued to shift at odd times and it still lunged when put into park and lights would occasionally flash on dashboard. I assumed that this was due to the new 9 speed transmission. On July 23, 2015 at 1:15pm my car once again suffered a total shutdown identical to the previous one. This situation was far more frightening due to my speed and location of the shutdown. I was traveling at 65mph in heavy traffic on I-26 in North Carolina. If not for the alert drivers behind me I would have suffered catastrophic injuries if not death due to losing all speed and steering on a busy interstate.

- Columbus, NC, USA

Jul 242015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While traveling at any rate of speed, the vehicle stalled, all of the gauges flashed on the instrument panel and there was a sudden loss of power each time the failure recurred. The contact was not able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to the dealer once and they were not able to replicate and diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired and continued to stall without warning. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 17,800.

- Grayson, LA, USA

Jul 132015

200

Car has stalled out on multiple random times. First happened to my boyfriend when he was driving in town, he told me about it and I assumed he maybe did something to cause the problem. The second time it has happened was when I was in the car and my boyfriend was driving it again and it stalled out again in the middle of the intersection with no traffic around. Since then, it has done it three times in town in 25mph speed limits zones.around the same time this was happening, I had received the recall letter and set up an appointment and just had to wait till that day. I notified the shop the day of my appointment and told them the problem and they assumed that the new recall fix would hopefully and maybe fix the problem. Since then, it has stalled out four times, and three of the times happened in the same day. The first stall out was in town again and right away I called the dealership shop to schedule an appointment again and there soonest availability was about a month away so I had no control over that. It wasn't until the next day that it happened 3 times throughout the day and 2 of those times were within a 10 minute window and this time it was on the highway. I was lucky enough at the stalling times that there was little to no traffic around me in town and on the highway, where I was able to pull over to the side safely, shut the car off and turn it back on. The dealership has the car still, they have driven it themselves for a couple days and it did not happen to them once and they cannot find an issue so they were forced to give me my car back. The problem with this issue is the stalling problem happens at random times& in different speed zone areas. Very scary thought to have when driving on the road with heavy traffic, trucks, semi's, etc. Behind you and not knowing if your car is going to stall or not that day or very much to that minute you are driving.

- Bismarck, ND, USA

Jul 212015

200

I was driving and my dashboard started blinking telling me I had to park the car. Once I parked for a little bit I was able to restart it but the engine light was still blinking. I was able to get it home before it shut off again and I will have it towed today. This is the second time within the last month that this has happened with the car.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jul 192015

200

While driving we experienced the vehicle had stopped and we were just coasting for a few blocks. The engine stopped running. Some messages popped up and afterwards, when we tried to restart the vehicle, it would not turn on. This is the 2nd time this has happened. Good thing we were not going fast or in traffic or I don't know what would of happened. We towed the vehicle, again, to the dealership where they too saw that the vehicle was not turning on. The vehicle just made a noise like it wanted to turn on but just couldn't. everything else was working, radio, windows, etc.

- Bay City, MI, USA

Jun 222015

200

Car will randomly shift from drive to neutral while driving and become completely unresponsive. Some times it allows you to pull over and put into park then drive, most times the entire car except the radio, become unresponsive and have to pull positive battery terminal to reset car. I've brought the car in for service 3 times now with same issue. Every time is getting more and more dangerous as problem is not easily reproducible and have almost been struck by cars from behind or on side of road.

- Worcester, MA, USA

Jul 092015

200

My vehicle has on multiple occasions experienced a jerk in which the vehicle will accelerate with and force from myself. The 9-speed transmission will shift at such a rapid and uncomfortable speed that the car jerks at ever shift. I was braking for a stoplight last week when the gear shifted and jerked causing acceleration that almost made me rear-end the vehicle in front of me already stopped. I have already had my transmission replaced two weeks after buying the vehicle. They then replaced the computer system and am now still experiencing the same issues. I was told by the dealership that there is nothing they can do until Chrysler releases a recall that provides a computer update to fix the issue. I emailed corporate but they refuse to respond to me and no one will provide assistance on this issue. I honestly just don't want to killed in an accident because of Chrysler's' negligence.

- Paducah, KY, USA

May 192015

200

5/19 the engine stall while driving of NJ parkway, was able to coast to side of road. Towed to dealer for service, dealer said it was a sensor. Got the car back on 5/21. On 5/23 it happen again, the vehicle was towed back to dealer for same issue. Was told some pins were loose in the wiring harness. Got the car back on 6/6. on 7/6 it happen a third time, on 7/8 the dealer told me they could not duplicate the problem. Car still at the dealer service area liccardi motors. When I called to talk to the dealer, I was told to claim lemon law you must go through the courts.

- Roselle, NJ, USA

Jun 012015

200

I was picking up my brother from the store and my car turned itself off. I then restarted it which took 3 times and it finally turned over and started. I then made it about 15 min down the freeway to pick up my daughter and left my brother in the running car only to return to the car being off. I tried over 6 times to restart it and it choked then told me engine warming try again later and shut off. I then called the dealership who then towed it back. After a week of having it they decided it was an electrical short and gave it back, however I don't think they fixed it because on 6/27/15 I had yet another issue with the electrical that cause my entire center console to quit on me and continue to reboot itself and freeze all while showing the backup camera screen while I was clearly going forward for miles.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA