CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 11 of 12)

Jul 242015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While traveling at any rate of speed, the vehicle stalled, all of the gauges flashed on the instrument panel and there was a sudden loss of power each time the failure recurred. The contact was not able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to the dealer once and they were not able to replicate and diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired and continued to stall without warning. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 17,800.

- Grayson, LA, USA

Jul 132015

200

Car has stalled out on multiple random times. First happened to my boyfriend when he was driving in town, he told me about it and I assumed he maybe did something to cause the problem. The second time it has happened was when I was in the car and my boyfriend was driving it again and it stalled out again in the middle of the intersection with no traffic around. Since then, it has done it three times in town in 25mph speed limits zones.around the same time this was happening, I had received the recall letter and set up an appointment and just had to wait till that day. I notified the shop the day of my appointment and told them the problem and they assumed that the new recall fix would hopefully and maybe fix the problem. Since then, it has stalled out four times, and three of the times happened in the same day. The first stall out was in town again and right away I called the dealership shop to schedule an appointment again and there soonest availability was about a month away so I had no control over that. It wasn't until the next day that it happened 3 times throughout the day and 2 of those times were within a 10 minute window and this time it was on the highway. I was lucky enough at the stalling times that there was little to no traffic around me in town and on the highway, where I was able to pull over to the side safely, shut the car off and turn it back on. The dealership has the car still, they have driven it themselves for a couple days and it did not happen to them once and they cannot find an issue so they were forced to give me my car back. The problem with this issue is the stalling problem happens at random times& in different speed zone areas. Very scary thought to have when driving on the road with heavy traffic, trucks, semi's, etc. Behind you and not knowing if your car is going to stall or not that day or very much to that minute you are driving.

- Bismarck, ND, USA

Jul 212015

200

I was driving and my dashboard started blinking telling me I had to park the car. Once I parked for a little bit I was able to restart it but the engine light was still blinking. I was able to get it home before it shut off again and I will have it towed today. This is the second time within the last month that this has happened with the car.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jul 192015

200

While driving we experienced the vehicle had stopped and we were just coasting for a few blocks. The engine stopped running. Some messages popped up and afterwards, when we tried to restart the vehicle, it would not turn on. This is the 2nd time this has happened. Good thing we were not going fast or in traffic or I don't know what would of happened. We towed the vehicle, again, to the dealership where they too saw that the vehicle was not turning on. The vehicle just made a noise like it wanted to turn on but just couldn't. everything else was working, radio, windows, etc.

- Bay City, MI, USA

Jun 222015

200

Car will randomly shift from drive to neutral while driving and become completely unresponsive. Some times it allows you to pull over and put into park then drive, most times the entire car except the radio, become unresponsive and have to pull positive battery terminal to reset car. I've brought the car in for service 3 times now with same issue. Every time is getting more and more dangerous as problem is not easily reproducible and have almost been struck by cars from behind or on side of road.

- Worcester, MA, USA

Jul 092015

200

My vehicle has on multiple occasions experienced a jerk in which the vehicle will accelerate with and force from myself. The 9-speed transmission will shift at such a rapid and uncomfortable speed that the car jerks at ever shift. I was braking for a stoplight last week when the gear shifted and jerked causing acceleration that almost made me rear-end the vehicle in front of me already stopped. I have already had my transmission replaced two weeks after buying the vehicle. They then replaced the computer system and am now still experiencing the same issues. I was told by the dealership that there is nothing they can do until Chrysler releases a recall that provides a computer update to fix the issue. I emailed corporate but they refuse to respond to me and no one will provide assistance on this issue. I honestly just don't want to killed in an accident because of Chrysler's' negligence.

- Paducah, KY, USA

May 192015

200

5/19 the engine stall while driving of NJ parkway, was able to coast to side of road. Towed to dealer for service, dealer said it was a sensor. Got the car back on 5/21. On 5/23 it happen again, the vehicle was towed back to dealer for same issue. Was told some pins were loose in the wiring harness. Got the car back on 6/6. on 7/6 it happen a third time, on 7/8 the dealer told me they could not duplicate the problem. Car still at the dealer service area liccardi motors. When I called to talk to the dealer, I was told to claim lemon law you must go through the courts.

- Roselle, NJ, USA

Jun 012015

200

I was picking up my brother from the store and my car turned itself off. I then restarted it which took 3 times and it finally turned over and started. I then made it about 15 min down the freeway to pick up my daughter and left my brother in the running car only to return to the car being off. I tried over 6 times to restart it and it choked then told me engine warming try again later and shut off. I then called the dealership who then towed it back. After a week of having it they decided it was an electrical short and gave it back, however I don't think they fixed it because on 6/27/15 I had yet another issue with the electrical that cause my entire center console to quit on me and continue to reboot itself and freeze all while showing the backup camera screen while I was clearly going forward for miles.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

May 182015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle stalled and the check engine warning indicator illuminated. The contact had to maneuver to the shoulder of the road in order to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was restarted and operated normally after approximately five minutes. The dealer could not duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V090000 (power train). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 10,000. Updated 09/01/15

- Detroit, MI, USA

Jun 152015

200

Pulled out of my parking spot and engine stalled and shut off said to put in park and it struggled to turn over, then drove down the road and stalled again happened about 6-7 times already also happened to me 3 times within 5 mins

- Elmhurst, NY, USA

Jun 162015

200 4-cyl

I was driving 70 mph on I-64 in va, there was a little bit of an incline after leaving the tunnel and crossing the bridge, every time I tried to accelerate the car felt as if I was slamming on the brakes. It started to do it constantly and eventually the car starting flashing all sorts of error messages and completely locking up. I was in the passing lane and had to swerve onto the grass to avoid being rear ended. Unfortunately the butt of the vehicle was still partly in traffic and I had to wait until the car decided to restart to pull the rest of the way off of the road. I waited some more time to try and drive it again, at least to the right shoulder. When I started it again I was able to get to the right before it started locking up again. At this point when I tried to turn the car off, it would just shake and stay in run, several times it did this and wouldn't let me shut the car off. After about 10 minutes I was able to shut it off and wait for towing to come. The car is currently at the Chrysler dealership for repair. I hope Chrysler is able to resolve the issue because I am terrified to drive a vehicle that chooses to shut off whenever it wants to....updated 08/06/15

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Jun 052015

200

Friday: While wife was driving the car suddenly vibrated and stalled. The vehicle indicated it was still running even though it was off. Was unable to shut off completely for a few minutes, after about 10 minutes car restarted, check engine light remained on. Dealer said to continue to drive. Engine light went off over the weekend. Sunday: Driving at approximately 25 miles per hour car suddenly stalled and we were able to coast to side of road. Car indicated it was still on and running even though it was off. Was able to put car in park and eventually shut it off. Car would not restart. Car would not change gears, so unable to put it in neutral when tow arrived. Towed to dealer and they held it until Friday. Said that the pins in the power distribution center were loose and that was the problem. Friday: Picked car up from dealer, wife drove it less than 1 mile and it stalled and shut off again in an intersection. After approximately 10 minutes the car restarted. Is now back at the dealer.

- Manassas, VA, USA

Mar 102015

200

Driving down the highway during rush hour traffic at 45 mph, the tranmission went into neutral even though the selector was in drive and did not allow me to accelerate at all while the car proceeded to slow to a stop. The "service transmission" message, check engine light and other messages appeared. It required me to stop my car, restart it in order to drive it again. This is a very serious safety concern. It also gets stuck in 4th gear (limp home mode) which is also dangerous because the engine has very little power when you stop and it prevents you from accelerating at the rate of traffic. It is also extremely hard to drive up hills.

- Livingston, NJ, USA

May 052015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving 40 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was unable to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 15,779.

- South Gate , MI, USA

Apr 202015

200 6-cyl

My wife was driving home from work last night, and the car shut down without warning. We have had the car for 10 months now, and this is the second time in two weeks that has happened. What I am most concern with is, if we are driving the car at the posted speed limit of 70 mph, and the car shuts off, what the consequences of that may be. I ask that you would please, please look into this issue, as it will eventually cause someone with this type of car to have a deadly accident, which I know can be avoided if it is taken care of in a timely manner. What is even worse for us is, the car dealership will not be able to even look at the car until 30 Apr 15, due to their overload of vehicles that they see on a daily basis, which now puts us at even more of a risk of an accident. My wife and I both work, and need both cars, but I will sacrifice missing work to ensure she makes it to her job safely. Again, I ask that you please, please take a look into this issue. I have been online and have seen many other complaints about the same issue with this particular car.

- Fort Knox, KY, USA

Dec 012014

200 4-cyl

2015 Chrysler 200. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle shutdown while driving. The dealer was unable to determined what was causing the vehicle to shut down. Updated 06/03/105.

- Bayamon, PR, USA

Aug 012014

200 4-cyl

Coming down expressway at about 65 mph. Suddenly warning indicated potential transmission failure and car was losing power. Pulled off highway and shut engine down. Restarted and warning was cleared except for check engine light. Took car to dealer and wiring harness was replaced and computer reset. On April 7th, 2015 in heavy traffic car lost engine power and began to stall I was able to get car (barely into turnaround lane before engine stalled out. Mileage on car was around 9500 miles. Warning again related to transmission failure and all transmission indicator lights were illuminated. Car locked up and could not be moved as wheels would not turn. Car towed to jim riehls in Warren, mi. Dangerous situation as auto completely locked up in heavy traffic. Police demanded immediate movement and called a tow truck and stood by until truck arrived.

- Troy, MI, USA

Dec 202014

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while reversing at approximately 5 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. After several attempts, the vehicle was able to restart and the engine is warming please wait to start warning light illuminated. The failure recurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that there was a misfire with the engine coil. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure persisted. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 3,000.

- Pine Bluff, AR, USA

Feb 022015

200 6-cyl

Car at 55 mph drops out of drive at speeds up to 55 mph drops into netural. Electrical system locks up preventing car to start had to be tow.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Dec 142014

200 4-cyl

Was driving on the freeway and it was dry outside, the car alert signal sounded and the air bags opened and the car stopped....updated 06-12-15 updatd 04/11/16

- Benicia, CA, USA