CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 11)

Nov 162016

200

Purchased/leasing car from american car center and from day 2 there had been problems but they keep giving me the run around. I've taken it to the shop 3X in less than 30 days. The air bag light light was on. They had me take it to a place that doesn't fix them then they sent me to the Chrysler dealership who claimed to have fixed it. Not even a week later the light comes on again. In the meantime I complained about the car seeming like it's going into neutral. Again, acc sends me to one of their shops who says nothing is wrong with the transmission and it just need to be reset so they reset it. Well the same day it was supposed to be fixed it does it two more times especially going downhill. It doesn't shift into gear as it suppose to. I put it in drive but it moves like it's in neutral then jerks into drive, not safe. If I stop at a stop sign it stalls to pull off. The passenger seat got stuck after it was let back for the first time. The speedometer glitches and the radio/phn connection does what it wants to. My main complaint is the transmission. What it's doing scares me whenever I drive it. The date it last happened is listed below.

- Readyville, TN, USA

Sep 122016

200

Transmission shifting hard and from time to time seems like it takes longer to engage into drive from park mode. The car has been at the dealer for some type of transmission issues since it was bought new. We are currently waiting for a response on safety recall S55 / NHTSA 16V-529 received in early September 2016. I called fca and received a case number 9/12/2016 2:32 pm case number 30101893 but have yet to hear anything back. I have contacted the dealship several times and have yet to receive a call back. My concern is the car has been labeled unsafe by the recall and I haven't revived and feed back from the dealership or fca.

- Brownstown, MI, USA

Mar 022015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V090000 (power train), 15V470000 (electrical system), and 16V529000 (power train); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Vienna, VA, USA

Aug 082015

200

Dealerships are not cooperating.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 102016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving 40 mph, the gear shifter shifted into neutral independently and the panel surrounding the shifter began to flicker. In addition, while attempting to reverse with the gear shifter in the reverse position, "put in designated gear" displayed across the message board. The vehicle failed to reverse and the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle after some time. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. After the repair for NHTSA campaign number: 16V114000 (air bags, seats) was performed, the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V529000 (power train); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The failure mileage was 52,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Oct 162016

200

My 200 has stalled in motion(highway) for no apparent reason. I receive an error message "put car into park to restart your engine". my vehicle has been to dealership for repair and I after one week I had the same experience in motion (city street) and my car stalled and I received the same error message.

- Huntersville, NC, USA

Oct 022015

200

Car shuts down completely during driving. No brakes steering or anything. Someone is going to die in this car. Dealer can't fix problems. Will just happen.

- Clarksburg, WV, USA

Jul 082016

200

I have taken my vehicle several times to the dealership for recalls and check engine light. In July 2016 the vehicle stalled and locked up in the middle of a major intersection. The service department said it stalled on us due to a recall part. Just so happened the dealership we go to had just fixed the same recall issue in June. In Sept 2016 the vehiclevehicle stalled on the highway with my family in the vehicle. Oct vehicle went back into the shop and I picked it up today for the same part after being in the shop for 5 days with no remedy. Have to mention the service manager drove my car before it could be released to me. Funny thing they gave it back to me with the check engine light still on. I was told I would have to take the car back so they can figure out why the engine light us on. I asked what they did to my vehicle but it's like no one knows....I don't know what to do at this point with my vehicle. My wife drives our kids everyday and feels like the vehicle is unsafe to be on the road due to it constantly stalling.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Apr 152016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving approximately 20 mph, the vehicle hesitated. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that a software update needed to be performed. The vehicle was repaired; however; four months later. The failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to a dealer where it was diagnosed that a software update was needed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 14,500.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Feb 082016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the parking brake engaged without the contact pressing the function button. There was no warning indicator illuminated each time the parking brake engaged. In addition, the vehicle had a strong hesitation and randomly stalled several times without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer more than three times, but they could not replicate the failure. The manufacturer was notified several times, but the contact was unable to get a response within a reasonable time frame. The failure mileage was not available.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Sep 152016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving 15 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact stated that all of the indicators on the instrument panel illuminated prior to the failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was approximately 35,000.

- Topeka, KS, USA

Sep 172016

200

My vehicle is now a year old and was purchased with 54 miles on the car. Purchase complete in June, by September vehicle needed the motor replaced (so disappointing and such an inconvenience). The car has been stalling amid traffic which is extremely dangerous. The dealership supposedly fixed that issue and yet more stalling now than before. I have reached out to Chrysler several times about this lemon and not much help has been given at all. As I type now the complaints with the car is that the car stalls displaying the battery light but starts back up. Took the car to dealership to see exactly what the problem was and of course they stated the same thing (oh the battery must be replaced) at the expense of $390 which I refused those services. Went to get battery tested from a second opinion and the battery life was fine and was not die to be replaced. Now when the car stalls it displays the battery light, traction light, power steering unavailable and shuts off. Well to top that problem and the 3 or fourth time of stalling depending on the distance, car shuts down completely for approximately 20 minutes displaying braking system notification when the car now does not shift into and gears. The air/heating system, radio, lights, etc still works but car can't go into park, drive, reverse, neutral, or low. I emailed Chrysler along with pictures and of course I am yet to get a reply.

- Pickens, MS, USA

Sep 202016

200

I was driving home from work yesterday evening doing 60 -65 mph on hwy 6 and my car decelerated like it turned off. I tried pushing the gas and nothing happened, the engine didn't even rev up. I had warning lights flashing on my dash. I tried uploading pictures but they wouldn't attach. I coasted the to shoulder of the road and my car wouldn't disengage from drive. I turned my car off hoping that would help, but when I turned it back on it wouldn't change gears from park. I got towed to the nearest Chrysler dealership. Today I received a call from the dealership that they were going to reset some computer drive and I "should be good to go this afternoon". I told that lady there's a recall on Chrysler for that very issue and I refuse to drive that car until it's fixed. This is a brand new car. I've barely had it a year. She told me that right now they can't fix it. If they can't fix it then Chrysler needs to buy back all of these cars from the people got scammed into buying them. I've had engine trouble from this car from day 1.

- Lorena, TX, USA

Sep 152015

200

Recall # 15V470 dated 9/12/15 not fixed yet recall# 16V529 dated 8/22/16 not fixed yet parts appear not to be available.

- North Syracuse, NY, USA

Aug 312016

200 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. When the accelerator pedal was depressed, the vehicle was slow to pick up speed. The vehicle hesitated numerous times and was unable to be driven. The dealer sent a mechanic to the contact's residence to replace the safety harness, but the failure continued less than 1,000 miles later. The contact took the vehicle to a second dealer, but the failure continued. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V529000 (power train). The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000. Updated 10/26/16

- Peoria, IL, USA

Sep 072016

200

I was driving my car and it went into nuetral on its on. A car almost hit me. I then tried to put it in park and it shows its in park but it was still rolling. I called the dealership and spoke to cynthia she states that they are understaff since their techs are training this week, stated that I don't have an extended warranty (just got the car March 2016) and that the recalls I found they cannot repair at this point since they don't know and don't have the parts. I then towed the car myself to golden state auto in citrus heights, ca they tried to assist. They stayed the tcm is not responding and is stuck in nuetral. They also called the dealership and was told they don't know how to fix this.

- Citrus Heights, CA, USA

Aug 012015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving approximately 30 mph, the check engine light suddenly illuminated and the vehicle stalled. The transmission would not immediately shift out of the drive position and an electrical burning odor was present. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the electrical wiring harness failed. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 16,000.

- Dyersburg, TN, USA

Jan 012016

200

Takata recall: My car shuts off and will not power back up or allow to start sometimes when I stop. It also will not detect my key fobs while im trying to start it. Also, it will jump very badly when going slow(street) or fast(freeway). The car also smelled like fire while I was driving one day. It also had an issue where it shut off while I was reversing. I took it to the dealership 4 times and made a complaint with corporate 2 times. They always seem to say they did not find anything wrong with my car. One of my case numbers with Chrysler corporate is 29448239 and the other is 29301258. Both were closed although I stated that the issue was not resolved.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 052016

200 4-cyl

The vehicle has had repeated electrical problems where the instrument panel will suddenly start flashing service transmission, service airbags, service brakes and during that time the electronic gear shift disengages from drive and alternates from park to low while the vehicle is moving. The dealership finally after two years of complaining and being turned away because the car was not storing an codes found the vehicle had a faulty electronic module in the transmission. This transmission has been service and reprogrammed 4 times since it's purchase in June of 2014 and now there is a new recall for the same issue. I'm not safe in this death trap.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 112016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system). The dealer scheduled an appointment and, upon calling before arriving, the dealer stated that the parts were not available to repair the vehicle. The contact scheduled a second appointment with the dealer for August 11, 2016 and the dealer stated again that the parts were not available. The contact was unable to determine when the manufacturer would supply the parts to the dealer. The manufacturer was contacted. The contact was not experiencing a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Bryan, TX, USA