CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 6 of 8)

Jul 192015

200

While driving we experienced the vehicle had stopped and we were just coasting for a few blocks. The engine stopped running. Some messages popped up and afterwards, when we tried to restart the vehicle, it would not turn on. This is the 2nd time this has happened. Good thing we were not going fast or in traffic or I don't know what would of happened. We towed the vehicle, again, to the dealership where they too saw that the vehicle was not turning on. The vehicle just made a noise like it wanted to turn on but just couldn't. everything else was working, radio, windows, etc.

- Bay City, MI, USA

Jul 162015

200

The car stalled while I was driving on the highway. It would not restart. I had it towed to the dealership. They advised me it started right up and everything looked fine. I picked it up from the dealership and made it about 4 miles and the car stalled again while I was driving down the highway. I had the car towed back to the dealership. I am now waiting for their repair of the vehicle. Both times the car stalled while I was driving my children were in the car with me.

- Bear, DE, USA

Jul 102015

200

Engine stall, would not allow to shift the car gears. My wife was so scared and frustrated as well because of ongoing traffic and with our childrens in the car.

- Zion, IL, USA

Jun 102015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving 40 mph, the entire instrument panel illuminated and the engine stalled. The contact maneuvered to the emergency lane and shut off the vehicle. The contact was able to restart the engine. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but the failure could not be duplicated. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 5,300. The VIN was not available. Updated 11/12/15

- Burlington, WI, USA

Jun 112015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving at 30 mph, the engine stalled without warning. The vehicle restarted after several attempts. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but the failure could not be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 24,000. The VIN was not available. Updated 09/14/15

- Hallandale, FL, USA

Jun 012015

200

The first incident I was driving through the city approximately 35 mph when the engine shut off. I was not able to restart my car immediately. After multiple attempts the car restarted and I was able to drive it approximately 1 mile before the engine quit again. I restarted it again after multiple attempts and parked it. I drove it home 3 hours later and it appeared to be normal. About a week later I was traveling on the highway when the engine stopped working again. I was traveling 70 mph. I had the vehicle towed to a Chrysler dealership where they could not "re-create" the incident so they gave me the car back. I had the vehicle for approximately 3 days when the engine died again while I was driving it. This time I was in the city traveling approximately 25 mph. I let the car sit for about 3 hours again and was able to restart it after multiple attempts. I was able to get the car back to the Chrysler dealership I bought it from. They have stated a re-call was done on it and the vehicle has been reprogrammed. The recall they stated that was done did not have anything to do with the engine so it is unknown at this time if the vehicle is actually fixed or not.

- Baraboo, WI, USA

May 312015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving at 40 mph, the engine stalled. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000.

- Andrews, SC, USA

Jun 262015

200

Engine over heated, vehicle stalled on me in front of a mechanic shop luckily. Vehicle wouldn't start for nothing. I try over and over to start the vehicle and it wouldn't start. You can also start smelling burning smell coming from under the hood of the engine compartment. Several times vehicle couldn't start. Left the vehicle. The next day, mechanic came over and check the vehicle out and check the water, oil, and everything else and did a engine check and ten codes came up and something regarding cam shaft. Vehicle took several attempts to run again.

Jun 012015

200

I was picking up my brother from the store and my car turned itself off. I then restarted it which took 3 times and it finally turned over and started. I then made it about 15 min down the freeway to pick up my daughter and left my brother in the running car only to return to the car being off. I tried over 6 times to restart it and it choked then told me engine warming try again later and shut off. I then called the dealership who then towed it back. After a week of having it they decided it was an electrical short and gave it back, however I don't think they fixed it because on 6/27/15 I had yet another issue with the electrical that cause my entire center console to quit on me and continue to reboot itself and freeze all while showing the backup camera screen while I was clearly going forward for miles.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

May 182015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle stalled and the check engine warning indicator illuminated. The contact had to maneuver to the shoulder of the road in order to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was restarted and operated normally after approximately five minutes. The dealer could not duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V090000 (power train). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 10,000. Updated 09/01/15

- Detroit, MI, USA

Jun 232015

200

My vehicle stall on I-95 and when trying to go over 45mph, it won't go over 45mph, the vehicle overheats, check engine light is one, fcw is on and throttle service light also came on. Engine rev high when trying to go over a certain speed. Vehicle sometimes doesn't start. Vehicle is giving engine problem. Smoke is coming out, very very very loud whining noise when in drive going over 35mph

May 252015

200

Engine is revving high, vehicle stall on the highway over five times, vehicle over heats, vehicle has a winning noise, vehicle transmission jumps plenty of time, vehicle rev, vehicle has slow acceleration, vehicle has slow start up, vehicle steering is rattling.

Jun 152015

200

Pulled out of my parking spot and engine stalled and shut off said to put in park and it struggled to turn over, then drove down the road and stalled again happened about 6-7 times already also happened to me 3 times within 5 mins

- Elmhurst, NY, USA

Jun 162015

200 4-cyl

I was driving 70 mph on I-64 in va, there was a little bit of an incline after leaving the tunnel and crossing the bridge, every time I tried to accelerate the car felt as if I was slamming on the brakes. It started to do it constantly and eventually the car starting flashing all sorts of error messages and completely locking up. I was in the passing lane and had to swerve onto the grass to avoid being rear ended. Unfortunately the butt of the vehicle was still partly in traffic and I had to wait until the car decided to restart to pull the rest of the way off of the road. I waited some more time to try and drive it again, at least to the right shoulder. When I started it again I was able to get to the right before it started locking up again. At this point when I tried to turn the car off, it would just shake and stay in run, several times it did this and wouldn't let me shut the car off. After about 10 minutes I was able to shut it off and wait for towing to come. The car is currently at the Chrysler dealership for repair. I hope Chrysler is able to resolve the issue because I am terrified to drive a vehicle that chooses to shut off whenever it wants to....updated 08/06/15

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Jun 052015

200

Friday: While wife was driving the car suddenly vibrated and stalled. The vehicle indicated it was still running even though it was off. Was unable to shut off completely for a few minutes, after about 10 minutes car restarted, check engine light remained on. Dealer said to continue to drive. Engine light went off over the weekend. Sunday: Driving at approximately 25 miles per hour car suddenly stalled and we were able to coast to side of road. Car indicated it was still on and running even though it was off. Was able to put car in park and eventually shut it off. Car would not restart. Car would not change gears, so unable to put it in neutral when tow arrived. Towed to dealer and they held it until Friday. Said that the pins in the power distribution center were loose and that was the problem. Friday: Picked car up from dealer, wife drove it less than 1 mile and it stalled and shut off again in an intersection. After approximately 10 minutes the car restarted. Is now back at the dealer.

- Manassas, VA, USA

Jun 102015

200

Driving down the road and the car stalled. Tried to restart but wouldn't turn over. Finally got it started again and got home. Was towed to dealership. I was just called and they said I had a wire that was not connected right. I looked on line and there seems to be a lot of complaints about this car stalling while driving. These is very dangerous.

- Bellport, NY, USA

May 012015

200

On a few occasions going down hill on a highway, there is an unintended acceleration. Then the transmission will stall into gear going downhill as well. The engine will be at very high RPM for the speed I go which is 45-50. Often when I back out in reverse, the brakes make a humming noise.

- Lake Elsinore , CA, USA

May 202015

200

While driving car home on my first day from the dealer the engine stalled at 40 mph I was able to pull over and re-start the car, start driving again thinking nothing of it it stalled again and again 2 blocks from home. Next morning bringing back to dealer it stalled 3 times on reverse getting out of driveway. Only 100 miles on new car and it's at the dealer for major issue, I do not feel comfortable driving the car special with my 5 year daughter in it. This could happen at highway speeds during traffic hours..... at the moment I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer, they told me it's was fist time that they heard of this problem with 200C.

- Hudson, MA, USA

May 202015

- Hudson, MA, USA

May 212015

200 4-cyl

I was driving down the street going 25 mph and when I pushed down on gas pedal it felt like my transmission jerk and stalled for a second and then started driving normal. I jus bought this car on April 29 2015 and it's and it's doing this already.

- San Leandro, CA, USA