Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 7)

Sep 152016

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving 15 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact stated that all of the indicators on the instrument panel illuminated prior to the failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was approximately 35,000.

- Topeka, KS, USA

Sep 242016

Twice in the last week I was driving and all of a sudden the cate went from drive to neutral and told me to put the car in park, then you put it in park and have to restart the car in the middle of the road. The first time I almost got rear ended the second time I was stopped at a stop sign.

- Spring Hill, FL, USA

Sep 172016

My vehicle is now a year old and was purchased with 54 miles on the car. Purchase complete in June, by September vehicle needed the motor replaced (so disappointing and such an inconvenience). The car has been stalling amid traffic which is extremely dangerous. The dealership supposedly fixed that issue and yet more stalling now than before. I have reached out to Chrysler several times about this lemon and not much help has been given at all. As I type now the complaints with the car is that the car stalls displaying the battery light but starts back up. Took the car to dealership to see exactly what the problem was and of course they stated the same thing (oh the battery must be replaced) at the expense of $390 which I refused those services. Went to get battery tested from a second opinion and the battery life was fine and was not die to be replaced. Now when the car stalls it displays the battery light, traction light, power steering unavailable and shuts off. Well to top that problem and the 3 or fourth time of stalling depending on the distance, car shuts down completely for approximately 20 minutes displaying braking system notification when the car now does not shift into and gears. The air/heating system, radio, lights, etc still works but car can't go into park, drive, reverse, neutral, or low. I emailed Chrysler along with pictures and of course I am yet to get a reply.

- Pickens, MS, USA

Sep 232016

Engine shuts off while driving, it might restart and it might not. Check engine light comes on and the battery light comes on for a short time. One time it was after work ready to go home, yesterday I was stopped at a red light and it shut off.

- Claremore, OK, USA

Sep 192016

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving 30 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact stated that the vehicle remained stuck in third gear. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was approximately 40,000.

- Machesney Park, IL, USA

Sep 202016

I was driving home from work yesterday evening doing 60 -65 mph on hwy 6 and my car decelerated like it turned off. I tried pushing the gas and nothing happened, the engine didn't even rev up. I had warning lights flashing on my dash. I tried uploading pictures but they wouldn't attach. I coasted the to shoulder of the road and my car wouldn't disengage from drive. I turned my car off hoping that would help, but when I turned it back on it wouldn't change gears from park. I got towed to the nearest Chrysler dealership. Today I received a call from the dealership that they were going to reset some computer drive and I "should be good to go this afternoon". I told that lady there's a recall on Chrysler for that very issue and I refuse to drive that car until it's fixed. This is a brand new car. I've barely had it a year. She told me that right now they can't fix it. If they can't fix it then Chrysler needs to buy back all of these cars from the people got scammed into buying them. I've had engine trouble from this car from day 1.

- Lorena, TX, USA

Aug 162015

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving 30 mph, the vehicle lost power. The accelerator pedal was depressed, but the vehicle failed to accelerate and increased in rpms. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer on multiple occasions, but they could not diagnose or repair the vehicle. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V529000 (power train). The part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 2,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Enosburg, VT, USA

Jul 012016

Starting in July 2016, I have had issues with my parking break. On 3 separate occasions (most recent on 8/19/16), the parking break would not release and I was unable to drive. I was stuck for about 20-30 minutes each time. The car jumps as I accelerate (this has been happening since from day 1), as if it is having a problem transitioning between gears. This tends to happen when I am driving low speeds, like driving out of a parking structure, or accelerating from a complete stop. Yesterday my car would not start. Electricity was on (radio, lights etc) but the car would not start. Jumping it helps.

- La Mesa, CA, USA

Feb 152015

This car been major problems with transmission has shut off while driving several times.visbilty is 0 at times due to climate controls not being fixed properly, has been in shop for 36 days for climate control, matter still existed and said to be fix, but still major issues.rattling in door on passenger has stop rinning at all, said to be due to low oil, but not the case, has done it again and oil was done 1,000 miles prior to be done.Chrysler can not duplicate the jerking tho they claim. Has failed to answer lawyers back or 2 letters sent due to it being a lemon and no repsonse from manufacturer

- Honey Brook, PA, USA

Jan 012016

Takata recall: My car shuts off and will not power back up or allow to start sometimes when I stop. It also will not detect my key fobs while im trying to start it. Also, it will jump very badly when going slow(street) or fast(freeway). The car also smelled like fire while I was driving one day. It also had an issue where it shut off while I was reversing. I took it to the dealership 4 times and made a complaint with corporate 2 times. They always seem to say they did not find anything wrong with my car. One of my case numbers with Chrysler corporate is 29448239 and the other is 29301258. Both were closed although I stated that the issue was not resolved.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 252016

I bought the car in February 2016 and was told it was bought back because of a sensor and had gone through full inspection and was cleared for sale. Two days later my check engine light came on and the car had accelerated from 60-92 on it's own. The dealership puts new parts in and every two weeks after I get my car back, the check engine light comes on and the car is accelerating on it's own. Chrysler has a team talking with the dealership but the car has been back around 10 times and is still having the same problem. Last week it accelerated from 72 to 97 on the freeway while my 2 year old son was in the car. We almost hit a semi. I dont understand how Chrysler is able to keep closing my cases and telling me they fixed it when it is still having the same problem. I've googled engine issues on these cars and found mine wasn't the only one doing this. I am paying a lot of money for an unsafe car that keeps accelerating on it's own and nothing is being done.

- Bettendorf, IA, USA

Jun 152016

My 200 stopped on more than one occassion either on the highway (285), or on the street. Had to pull to emergency lane to sit, open and close door then car started back up and was able to drive home. No radio and saved settings have to be reset ever time the car is started. Nothing will connect (phone, blue tooth etc),

- Conyers, GA, USA

Jul 152016

The contact owns a 2015 chrylers 200. While driving 35 mph, the vehicle stalled. After numerous attempts, the vehicle was able to restart. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed and repaired per an unknown recall. The failure recurred twice. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Acworth, GA, USA

Oct 172015

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 45 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. In addition, the contact mentioned that the vehicle violently jerked. The contact stated that the failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer on several occasions where the technician informed that the vehicle was operating as designed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 22,500.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

May 202016

Engine stalls out.

- Spring Lake, NC, USA

May 052016

My engine light came on I took it to the dealer to get it checked/fixed. They told me the everything was ok and that they had to do some updates on the vehicle and everything was fix. Went to pick up my car and two days later the engine light came back on. So now I have to take my car to the dealer to see what is going on with the vehicle and they will not give me a loner vehicle to get to work. From the reviews I am seeing a lot of people are having the same issues with the Chrysler 200 this car is defective

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Apr 172016

On December 2015, I bought the 2015 Chrysler 200 limited from gilroy Chrysler dealer. (malfunction #1) on Sunday April 17, 2015, @ approximately 9:45 I drove my Chrysler less than a mile from my home when I made a right turn & my car turned off and the steering wheel locked up. I started my vehicle and was able to drive it. (malfunction #2) the vehicle has also had problems making a clicking noise when going in reverse like metal on metal contact. (malfunction #3) when I put the vehicle in drive it is delayed and changes hard. On April 23, 2015 my vehicle was serviced for an oil change & tire rotation @ (stevens creek Jeep Dodge) 4100 stevens creek blvd, ca 95129 and the service advisor was advised. He advised they were booked up for 3 weeks in order to conduct a diagnostic check under the vehicle's warranty. The vehicle was serviced and it is scheduled for the first week of May. The dealer would not give a for a temporary vehicle until the vehicle is safe to drive. I am a single mother two children.

- Santa Clara, CA, USA

Mar 012016

The car is burning oil. 35 qt in 6000 miles. That is all you smell as you drive or at idle. The car jerks back and forth as you drive not good form my 5 yr and 3 yr old necks when its jerking them back and forth. As we brake the car feels like it is giving gas to go. The car has died at stop signs in the middle of know where.

- Pella, IA, USA

Apr 092016

I was about to turn right onto the street, when I felt loss of power. The car etc, mil, and etc indicator lights came on. Transmission goes into stall mode, does not go over 30 mph, speeding up and slowing down and shaking excessively. I've only had this car for 10 months. Now if this was to have occurred on a weekday I would have been on the freeway and this would have caused a major accident.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Mar 252016

The contact owned a 2015 Chrysler 200. After filling the vehicle with fuel, the contact noticed smoke under the hood of the vehicle. The fire department extinguished the fire. The vehicle was towed and released to the insurance company. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The approximate failure mileage was 15,000.

- Edinburg, TX, USA