CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 8)

Dec 212016

200

While in motion, overheating light and electric throttle light came up on dash display, with temperature reading at 0. the vehicle still drove as normal, I pulled over and turned it off. Restarted after 30 secs and the lights where gone, just check engine light was. Took it to a dealership and was told I had a faulty thermastat. The dealer stated that they have been seeing this issue since November 2016 with Chrysler 200 & Jeep vehicles.

- East Syracuse, NY, USA

Jan 272016

200

I were in little but really scared accident with my almost new Chrysler. In very slow traffic (5-7 miles/hour) when I tried to come home after work meeting from kirkland suddenly I realized that my brakes don't wanna stop the car with light tapping as it was ok previously, then tapped on break harder and then panic and realized the brake. I end up with hang on the tail (the little thing attached to the rear end of the car) of big track. I tried to say something about breaks problem to my insurance, but collision repair company did not confirm my concerns and I paid $1000 deductible as the driver in fault (in the future it will affect my monthly pay for insurance). I tried to find the solution but only my family can support me without laughing at my problem with the car safety. One of my friends told me, that I need to involve some of an independent professional and stop trying talk to the wall. Chrysler already took an advantage of my not fair purchase and then my trade-in with them (my dealership refused to replace my previous Chrysler 200 for safety reason again!!! and sold to me my current Chrysler for $43,000 and it's not safe still!!!). in additional, I scared with the noise producing by the car while I'm driving: There are two types of noise from the engine when it's going down of the hill and windows or something like windows shaking noise. Frankly saying, I have very upsetting experience with the dealership and start looking for the second opinion with treating me as the fair and professional business. Please let me know what is in the options to keep my life safe since I have a strong feeling, that I'm not safe to drive my Chrysler. Thank you!

- Bellevue, WA, USA

Aug 202016

200

The vehicle is consuming the oil and then shuts off with no warning has left us in 2 intersections had the car looked at both times the dealership is monitoring oil after cryselr done a reset but it is still consuming oil I have spoke with crysler but nothing has been done to ensure my families safty.

- Madison, WV, USA

Oct 122016

200

On multiple occasions, random times of day, I would attempt to start my car (or sometimes already be driving) but the engine light and parking light would turn on with a message reading "service transmission, service parking brake" and I can not get the car out of park. This happened at times when I was parked in my driveway, when I was at a complete stop at a red light and has even left me stranded in vacant parking lots. I took the car in for service and was told it was a software upgrade. I left my car, had the upgrade and the problem still occurs. I was told that the only option left is to replace the transmission. During all of my conversations and visits to the dealer, I surprised that no one has mentioned once to me that this car was recalled for electrical issues. I found that out myself when I was doing some research on the issue. This is a huge safety concern. I was left stranded in a parking lot overnight until I could find a ride to get me home, ive stalled out in the middle of the highway when I was stopped for traffic, and ive lost count of the amount of work days ive been out because was car has not been reliable enough to start when I need it to. The car is less than 1.5 years old. I shouldn't be dealing with these issues.

- North East, MD, USA

Dec 162016

200

I was driving home from work when the check engine light, engine temperature warning light, and electronic throttle control light came on. In reviewing the potential issues, a number of people have had the same issue, potentially due to a faulty thermostat. When I had the vehicle scanned at autozone, it provided codes P0218 twice and P2181 once.

- Louisville, OH, USA

Dec 242016

200

First engine light come up then car started to overheat. Coolant temp. 185 and car overheat. Panel read engine temperature too hot.. I cannot drive the car because this problem code P0128(thermostats) and P2181(coolant system) came up.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Dec 192016

200

When I tried to turn on my car it would not crank and it said engine warming. Battery and engine light came on. Already called insurance company for a jump and that did not help. The car was in parked when this happen.

- Florence, SC, USA

Dec 082016

200

I bought a Chrysler 200 2015 on 11-23-2016 since I have bought the car I have driven it only 3-5 days. It has been in the shop for the same thing every time now they are telling that they are having to put in a new transmission. I am being inning to believe I bought a lemon. When I bought the car I had asked the salesman was there any problems with these vechicle his reply was no. But the more I investigate it the more I find out it is a death trap. Why won't someone do something to Chrysler about these cars before someone dies. Then they really will have to pay. These cars are not safe from what I am reading. Please help me out. I am a single parent with sick kids I have one child that has a heart problem. And another child with a kidney disease I need a dependable car not one that I am not even gonna get to enjoy... what do I need to do. Because I bought my car used at 44,000 the lemon law doesn't cover it it what I have been told.also the dealership after us signing the original agreement ask me to sign three different agreements with them changing the payment amount every time. Please help me!!!!! the second time I got my car back from the shop I placed it in drive and it did not move.

- Jacksonville, AL, USA

May 012016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving various speeds, the vehicle stalled suddenly and shut off. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 22,000.

- Riviera Beach, FL, USA

Nov 282016

200

I purchased a 2015 Chrysler 200C in October 2016 and 2 weeks after purchasing it I was at a stop light and my car just completely shut down saying to service transmission service brakes etc. My vehicle had to be towed to the dealership and they said they reflashed the computer that day and it was fixed. I picked it up and have been leery about it ever since well a month of having it and on Nov 28 2016 I was going home from the store and was turning into my street when my car stalled out on the road. I was hit by a oilfield water truck and my car was totaled. I went in to the hospital with injuries to my face, leg arm and head. I ended up with a concussion and brusinings all over and a boot on my foot. And there's a possibility my jaw is dislocated.

- Bloomfield, NM, USA

Nov 262016

200

Car burns entire supply of oil in less than 1500 miles. Engine oil depletes without warning then the car cuts off in the middle of the road. Oil life reads improperly on the dash.

- Temple Hills, MD, USA

Oct 252016

200

I own a 2015 Chrysler 200.I was driving it the first month when I bought it( which is July 2016) and unexpectedly the car started to slow down from 55 to 35mph. I was really surprised because I wasn't even hitting the brake.I went to the dealer and check, he told me that everything is ok. But last month I was driving home, I saw something on the road at the last minute. I slowed down but the car didn't respong, I hit that thing. I didn't even know what it was.maybe an animal or something that was laying down on the road. The front of my car was broken. One of my headlight is broken. The dealer told me that maybe something is wrong with the car. And my car need actually about $2000 to be repaired. My car is brand new and still have warranty on it. I am tried to use the insurance to repair it but nobody is really helping me with that, until yesterday when I got that letter on the mail (safety recall about my car )

- East Moline, IL, USA

Nov 112016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While attempting to start the vehicle, it shook and failed to start. The contact attempted to start the vehicle several times. When the vehicle started, it shook and began to overheat. Also, while driving various speeds, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for diagnostic testing; however, the details of the diagnosis could not be provided. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 74,000.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Aug 282015

200

I financed the Chrysler 200 2015, used on 7/13/15. Around August 28th, 2015 I was driving and my car stalled while in motion in a busy intersection. A message appeared on dashboard: "engine warming wait to start", the knob and break locked I could not move the vehicle. The message on the dashboard then changed to: "shift to P." after pressing the push to start button on and off I got the car moving and decided to head to the dealer cautiously, on the way to the dealer it happened another 3 times and I was able to get it to move again and get it in the dealership. They had it in for a few days and told me they fixed the problem. An hour into driving after I left the dealership the car stalled again this time it was dark out and I was on a highway (luckily right lane) the car would not turn back on this time it was completely locked. I exited the vehicle and sat on the side of the highway waiting for a tow truck. (police were called too). This problem was blamed on the R24 recall, a month later I got the car back with the part that had to be replaced and everything seemed fine. The car stalled again on 4/20/2016, same message on dashboard this time it was while moving and making a turn and I almost got hit head on by another vehicle. They took the car in again, said nothing was wrong this time, happened again in June,2016 they said again nothing was wrong. It happened again, the end of Sept,2016 and I got a recall notice for the S55 recall which can cause stalling. They kept the car in dealership said they had to wait for part from Chrysler. They told me it was fixed and on 11/6/2016 I picked up the car and it stalled about 100ft away from the dealership. They took it back in, and now they said again that it is fixed and for me to pick it up. I am terrified, it is an unsafe, unpredictable vehicle. Please investigate Chrysler for the sake of safety. Help me.

- Glen Cove, NY, USA

Jul 052016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving various speeds, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle and the check engine warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V529000 (power train). The part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 48,230.

- Gwynn Oak, MD, USA

Jul 112016

200

Car will stall while coming to a stop or slowing to make a turn. Took it in to the dealership and was told that the oil needed to be changed and that the engine would automatically "shut off" if an oil change is needed. Problem has occurred numerous times even after having the oil changed regularly.

- Newburg, MD, USA

May 302016

200

Enterprise auto sales sold me this Chrysler 200 with an open warranty on it, which I discovered later on. From the time I drove it home, there have been issues with the transmission behaving erratically, surging or racing idle and lurching from a stopped and/or slow mph. It has also behaved as though its suddenly in idle only one to jump back into gear. It's been to the dealer for the tcm recall and that hasn't remedied the problem. Then a new safety recall was released and there is no date on when the most recent issues will be fixed. I saw that my vehicle was potentially listed under the consent agreement's buy-back option for owners. When I spoke with customer service, I was told there was no such thing as a buy-back program and my vehicle was not within the consent agreement. I requested another department and was told there was no other department. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was flatly denied by the customer service representative who had a speech impediment. I haven't ever dealt with a csr that hostile. I'm surprised she works with customers. I've only had this vehicle for about 4 months and it's been a nightmare. Definitely buyers remorse here. I do not feel safe in this car at all. Chrysler has had more than a reasonable amount of time to either repair or refund this vehicle. I believe they should repurchase it from me so I can invest in something else. And as a side note: I have managed to track down all of he work orders completed on this car except for the first safety recall, and according to Chrysler's records, it was repaired by a rental company who is now defund. Very shady.

- Murrieta, CA, USA

Apr 152016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving approximately 20 mph, the vehicle hesitated. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that a software update needed to be performed. The vehicle was repaired; however; four months later. The failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to a dealer where it was diagnosed that a software update was needed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 14,500.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Sep 012016

200

Ive had trouble with this vehicle since I took possession 6/30/2014! issues has been: Brakes(2X), uconnect (numerous times taken in for service and still has the same problem), aux- (numerous times taken in for service and still has the same problem, driver chair lever, vehicle shut down with flashing dash and gear lights while driving causing near death accidents (numerous times), radio shut down, vehicle came to a complete shut down and I had to have it towed, vehicle wouldn't start and I had it towed, vehicle accelerates on its own after the brake is released (take in numerous times and still had this problem, this ongoing issue has caused me to get into an accident and now Chrysler has denied my claim for them to fix my vehicle due to there negligent. I take the vehicle in for service for these ongoing issues and I get the vehicle back stating that there is nothing wrong but I have the same problems overtime!! I have video and pictures.

- Grosse Pointe, MI, USA

Sep 152016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving 15 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact stated that all of the indicators on the instrument panel illuminated prior to the failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was approximately 35,000.

- Topeka, KS, USA