Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Apr 082015

Took my vehicle in for service to brenengen Chrysler Ford dealership located in tomah, wi. The service that was supposed to be performed was a safety recall, oil change, and tire rotation. Safety recall for my vehicle is the transaxle's internal park rod for 2015 Chrysler 200's, recall notice R08/ NHTSA 15V-090 that I found on I left my vehicle at the dealership at 8:00am. I received a phone call at 8:50am, saying my vehicle is ready for pick up. I stated that I would be able to pick up my vehicle up at 4:30pm. When I picked my vehicle up I find out that the safety recall for my vehicle was not done and the oil life monitor was not reset. I checked my oil to see if it was changed, it did not have the clear brownish color that I would expect after an oil change. The oil was not dark but again not clear, especially for a vehicle that has less than 6000 miles. I was told to leave my vehicle for 30 minutes and they would do the recall. I came back after an hour and was told they could not perform the safety recall because it was a 2 hour job. I made another appointment for the following week for the safety recall. I dropped my vehicle off the night before my appointment with service department at 5:00pm. I received a voice message the next day at 2:30pm saying my car is ready for pick up. I arrive at 4:45pm to pick up my vehicle; again the safety recall was not performed. The reason this time is that "Chrysler sent the wrong parts for the safety recall." Ironically enough, when I get home, I find a safety recall notice in the mail. The notice says that the safety recall will take 8 hours and to make the appointment after May 1. I understand that things happen, I been there, on the dealership side and in every day life. What I do not understand is why the service department could not at least do some research on the safety recall.

- Tomah, WI, USA