CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Aug 282015

200

I financed the Chrysler 200 2015, used on 7/13/15. Around August 28th, 2015 I was driving and my car stalled while in motion in a busy intersection. A message appeared on dashboard: "engine warming wait to start", the knob and break locked I could not move the vehicle. The message on the dashboard then changed to: "shift to P." after pressing the push to start button on and off I got the car moving and decided to head to the dealer cautiously, on the way to the dealer it happened another 3 times and I was able to get it to move again and get it in the dealership. They had it in for a few days and told me they fixed the problem. An hour into driving after I left the dealership the car stalled again this time it was dark out and I was on a highway (luckily right lane) the car would not turn back on this time it was completely locked. I exited the vehicle and sat on the side of the highway waiting for a tow truck. (police were called too). This problem was blamed on the R24 recall, a month later I got the car back with the part that had to be replaced and everything seemed fine. The car stalled again on 4/20/2016, same message on dashboard this time it was while moving and making a turn and I almost got hit head on by another vehicle. They took the car in again, said nothing was wrong this time, happened again in June,2016 they said again nothing was wrong. It happened again, the end of Sept,2016 and I got a recall notice for the S55 recall which can cause stalling. They kept the car in dealership said they had to wait for part from Chrysler. They told me it was fixed and on 11/6/2016 I picked up the car and it stalled about 100ft away from the dealership. They took it back in, and now they said again that it is fixed and for me to pick it up. I am terrified, it is an unsafe, unpredictable vehicle. Please investigate Chrysler for the sake of safety. Help me.

- Glen Cove, NY, USA

Nov 042016

200

I brought the car March 9 2016 on July 10 2016 the car stopped in the middle of the highway and it read "transmission pull over to prevent rolling " the car wouldn't go in reverse drive or park I took it in to get service and they assured me the problem was fixed. They said it was a faulty wire. November 4 2016 same situation the car stops on me. I call corporate and that's when they want to tell me "did you know there is a recall on your transmission " why didn't someone tell me before. Why is it that I have to call to complain to get someone to tell me there is a recall on my car. Now I'm driving a car that is unsafe to drive

- Middlesex, NJ, USA

Oct 242016

200

Driving down the road and car went into "limp" mode then started "bucking". at the dealership and they ruled out transmission (Wednesday), still diagnosing (Thursday), now ordering a wiring harness for power distribution (Monday).

- West Des Moines, IA, USA

Oct 272016

200

I recently purchased the 2015 Chrysler 200 from concord Honda. I was driving the morning of October 27th, 2015 I received a "service airbag system". I was driving a approximately 20 mph on a residential street when the light just appeared. My vehicle is currently at about 39,200 miles and I purchased it with just under 39,000 miles.

- Bay Point, CA, USA

Feb 152015

200

This car been major problems with transmission jerking.car has shut off while driving several times.visbilty is 0 at times due to climate controls not being fixed properly, has been in shop for 36 days for climate control, matter still existed and said to be fix, but still major issues.rattling in door on passenger side.car has stop rinning at all, said to be due to low oil, but not the case, has done it again and oil was done 1,000 miles prior to be done.Chrysler can not duplicate the jerking tho they claim. Has failed to answer lawyers back or 2 letters sent due to it being a lemon and no repsonse from manufacturer

- Honey Brook, PA, USA

Sep 072016

200

I was driving my car and it went into nuetral on its on. A car almost hit me. I then tried to put it in park and it shows its in park but it was still rolling. I called the dealership and spoke to cynthia she states that they are understaff since their techs are training this week, stated that I don't have an extended warranty (just got the car March 2016) and that the recalls I found they cannot repair at this point since they don't know and don't have the parts. I then towed the car myself to golden state auto in citrus heights, ca they tried to assist. They stayed the tcm is not responding and is stuck in nuetral. They also called the dealership and was told they don't know how to fix this.

- Citrus Heights, CA, USA

Sep 022016

200

Vehicle has hard shifts and lurches when driving, complete loss of propulsion, then the gas kicks back in and it uncomfortably lurches forward when shifting. Vehicle loses propulsion and shuts the engine off while driving various speeds and while turning, stalls, dash says shift to P to start, shows only battery symbol, shift knob D symbol blinking, loss of power steering. I shift the vehicle into park, shut the vehicle off, try to restart the vehicle and it makes a horrible dead battery starting sound, sometimes starts first try, sometimes I have to wait a few minutes. Vehicle does this every time its driven.

- Grimshaw, AL, USA

Oct 092015

200

Takata recall I started to notice that the vehicle would jerk when switching gears and would almost feel like it ran into a wall soon after I purchased it. Here recently it has happened a lot more frequently. I have taken the car to the dealer 3 separate times to see what the problem is. I was told they were unable to see the problem while they drove the vehicle so was unable to fix it. If I was able to make the problem happen I would as it happens sporadically!

- Greer, SC, USA

May 172016

Takata recall

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA

Apr 172016

200

On December 2015, I bought the 2015 Chrysler 200 limited from gilroy Chrysler dealer. (malfunction #1) on Sunday April 17, 2015, @ approximately 9:45 I drove my Chrysler less than a mile from my home when I made a right turn & my car turned off and the steering wheel locked up. I started my vehicle and was able to drive it. (malfunction #2) the vehicle has also had problems making a clicking noise when going in reverse like metal on metal contact. (malfunction #3) when I put the vehicle in drive it is delayed and changes hard. On April 23, 2015 my vehicle was serviced for an oil change & tire rotation @ (stevens creek Jeep Dodge) 4100 stevens creek blvd, ca 95129 and the service advisor was advised. He advised they were booked up for 3 weeks in order to conduct a diagnostic check under the vehicle's warranty. The vehicle was serviced and it is scheduled for the first week of May. The dealer would not give a for a temporary vehicle until the vehicle is safe to drive. I am a single mother two children.

- Santa Clara, CA, USA

Apr 092016

200

I was about to turn right onto the street, when I felt loss of power. The car etc, mil, and etc indicator lights came on. Transmission goes into stall mode, does not go over 30 mph, speeding up and slowing down and shaking excessively. I've only had this car for 10 months. Now if this was to have occurred on a weekday I would have been on the freeway and this would have caused a major accident.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Nov 212015

200

Took my perfectly driving 200 in for an oil service and tire rotation. The dealer also stated there was a software update (no detailed explanation so I assumed it was the radio security) Nov 21th, 2015. I waited for the service to be completed and upon driving home noticed the car acting weird, the transmission was not down shifting correctly and lunging forward terribly. I immediately contacted the dealership and they advised the software flash would take 1,000 miles-what? sounds like bull S* to me but I drove it over 1500 miles for christmas in in with everyone riding along asking what the heck is wrong with my car! I contacted the dealer upon my return and after some excuses and a service manger with an attitude it now goes back in Jan 9th, 2016 but they are already trying to blow it off.....drove perfect till my dealer and fca screwed it up! if they even attempt to tell me it needs to reflash or its my driving style I will immediately request a test drive in a new one and video it. Update from Dec 31, 2015 fca tells me my car had the tcm and PCM updated when the problem started. Update from Feb 8, 2016 well after two more visits......this car still does not down shift correctly without a lurch forward between 2nd and 1st. Some nice pieces of crap you have built in detroit Chrysler! Feb 25,2016-Chrysler informed me they are aware of the lunging forward while trying to stop but no known repair is available. Keep driving it! its a safety hazard and injury waiting to happen.

- Manassas, VA, USA

Jan 152015

200

Financed this car brand new off the lot in August 2015. Since then it has been in the repair shop 4 times and the car is still jerking. The 3rd time I took it in the shop they claimed they put a new transmission in. After driving for a few minutes the car was doing the same exact thing. I then took it to a well known mechanic and they told me it was a transmission problem and that I needed a new one. I felt lied to and knew they sold me a lemon. They still have my car and I'm still paying for this car I don't even have, plus spending money on a loaner car. I feel so humiliated and sick to my stomach. I had to miss holidays because the car was not safe to drive anywhere in that condition. Please help me.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 012015

200

Important safety recall not fixed within what I would consider a reasonable time frame. The power distribution center (pdc) electrical connector may have spread electrical terminal(s). A spread electrical terminal(s) could cause intermittent electrical connection(s) to certain electrical components. Safety risk: Intermittent electrical connection(s) may result in an engine stall or a shift to neutral event. Either of these conditions may cause a crash without warning. Issued on 10-21-15. Our local dealers have had the "parts on order", but state Chrysler has told them the parts are currently unavailable. We have experienced the engine stalling several times while trying to accelerate or while trying to begin motion after coming to a complete stop, it is an ongoing issue. I have sent emails to Chrysler directly to have the matter fixed by contacting our local dealerships, but not sure if they have reached out or not as we have not received any response from our local dealerships.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Jan 042016

200

The power distribution center (pdc) electrical connector may have spread electrical terminal(s). A spread electrical terminal(s) could cause intermittent electrical connection(s) to certain electrical components. Intermittent electrical connection(s) may result in an engine stall or a shift to neutral event. Either of these conditions may cause a crash without warning. The power distribution center (pdc) electrical connector must be replaced.

- Springfield, MA, USA

Sep 132015

200

This car was rented to me by enterprise leasing company in the chicagoland area. As I was in the process of making a left turn (West bound) onto a residential street, I had the passenger side front tire break away from the chassis causing me to lose control of the vehicle and hit two parked car. After the collision, I inspected the car and found the passenger-side front tire broken off and positioned 90 degrees (perpendicular) to the car in the wheel well. The hubcap side of the tire was facing backward, relative to the car, broken off from the lower control arm with the frame of the vehicle resting on the street.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Oct 262015

200

The safety recall letter said to contact if the dealer could remedy the defect in a reasonable time frame. The soonest they can fit my car in is January 2016. They said they are overloaded with all of the recalls and they can't do it sooner. I'm 33 weeks pregnant and I have a 3 year old. I really don't need the added stress that my car, which I bought new in February 2015, could potentially stall and crash without warning. That is a lawsuit waiting to happen if something does go wrong.

- Walton, KY, USA

Aug 142015

200

The transmission jerks and while driving it seems to pause then every time I slow down it accelerates. The wipers make a loud noise. The low tire icon came on when I checked tires the right amount of air was in each tire but icon would not go off. I put over the amount of air in front tires and icon still will not go off. The temp gauge will not work until I reach the speed of 55 then it slowly works. This car scares me I feel my life is at risk. I have already had 4 or 5 recalls and transmission work on it. The radio technology looses signal frequently and it has started using more gas than when I first got it. I have been so afraid of this car I feel I am playing a death game every time I drive it. I live in wv and our roads are curvy and mostly 2 lanes. Can I get another safer car without being penalized this has been on going since I bought

- Gilbert, WV, USA

Sep 302014

200

Since we have had it, our vehicle has given off a funny smell from the air conditioner. In the beginning, we assumed that it was because it was a new car. Then later, we assumed that it would eventually go away. However, it still has not gone away. Not every time, but definitely frequently, we experience a foul smell coming from the air conditioning system, something like mildew or something.

- Stockton, CA, USA

Jun 172015

200

The engine has locked up three different occasions all within July-August of 2015. You get no warning as to when the motor will lock up. Chrysler is not compasionate what so ever. There are 2 more recalls on my car one of which has no available parts. Its a high risk safety concern. The front right axle sounds like its going to fall off. I dont feel safe at all driving this car. Its a safety hazard for me aswell as other drivers. I asked for them if my car qualified I was told yes but never received the email and so I asked again now they say no. The 2015 Chrysler 200 is a lemon that should be taken off the highway!!!

- Washington, DC, USA