CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 162016

200

Purchased/leasing car from american car center and from day 2 there had been problems but they keep giving me the run around. I've taken it to the shop 3X in less than 30 days. The air bag light light was on. They had me take it to a place that doesn't fix them then they sent me to the Chrysler dealership who claimed to have fixed it. Not even a week later the light comes on again. In the meantime I complained about the car seeming like it's going into neutral. Again, acc sends me to one of their shops who says nothing is wrong with the transmission and it just need to be reset so they reset it. Well the same day it was supposed to be fixed it does it two more times especially going downhill. It doesn't shift into gear as it suppose to. I put it in drive but it moves like it's in neutral then jerks into drive, not safe. If I stop at a stop sign it stalls to pull off. The passenger seat got stuck after it was let back for the first time. The speedometer glitches and the radio/phn connection does what it wants to. My main complaint is the transmission. What it's doing scares me whenever I drive it. The date it last happened is listed below.

- Readyville, TN, USA

Nov 102016

200

I was involved in a 3car accident yesterday 10-10-16 Thursday where I was the middle car on a city street approaching a red light to stop. I'm not sure if my veh was completely at a stand still of it I was still in motion at about 3mph or less but another car ran into me forcing me into the van in front of me. Although my car filled with smoke and I could smell rubber, and the icon on my dash shows the air bags came out- but they did not. I didnt realise the my car assumed the airbags came out until I got in the car to drive away and the seatbelt was and still is locked as if im not suppose to be driving because my car believe the airbags are out at this time and im unable to drive it and they are not which leads me to believe there may be a faulty parts issue going on with my car.I have contacted my manufacturer but have heard notanything so far except it was moved up to their legal dept.

- Sanford, FL, USA

Oct 272016

200

I recently purchased the 2015 Chrysler 200 from concord Honda. I was driving the morning of October 27th, 2015 I received a "service airbag system". I was driving a approximately 20 mph on a residential street when the light just appeared. My vehicle is currently at about 39,200 miles and I purchased it with just under 39,000 miles.

- Bay Point, CA, USA

Oct 102016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving 40 mph, the gear shifter shifted into neutral independently and the panel surrounding the shifter began to flicker. In addition, while attempting to reverse with the gear shifter in the reverse position, "put in designated gear" displayed across the message board. The vehicle failed to reverse and the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle after some time. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. After the repair for NHTSA campaign number: 16V114000 (air bags, seats) was performed, the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V529000 (power train); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The failure mileage was 52,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Aug 062016

200

My air bag system service has been coming on since April had it serviced then it had to be serviced again in June. The light has now come on again as of August 6,2016 no one seems to take this as a serious matter my airbags are deactivated as to what the dealership who worked on it the issue in April explained I have contacted Chrysler to have this fixed or give me a new vehicle they claim they have to fix the problem three times before I am allowed to get a new vehicle so now I am riding in a car without any air bags and praying that I don't have an accident with my kids. The incident has occurred while I am driving or parking the vehicle the message comes on to service airbag system

- Houston, TX, USA

Mar 092015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure could not be duplicated. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 10,000.

- Quincy, FL, USA

May 172016

Takata recall

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA

Mar 012016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While operating the vehicle, the air bag sensor light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the wiring was too tight. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure continued. The manufacturer was notified. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 8,000.

- Corona, CA, USA

Nov 012015

200

There have been 6 recalls on this vehicle and only 2 have been corrected by my dealership. They are waiting for parts to correct the others. The power steering part has been recalled since November 2015, and they are still waiting to fix it. I am the sole driver in my household with a family and only this car. I cannot return it, I can not trade it in I owe more than its worth. My credit is also shot.

- Manchester, NH, USA

May 042016

200

Tamara inflators recall what to have this car checked for defective air bags. Seen recall on the evening news don't know if my car is involved in the recall.

- New Port Richey, FL, USA

Dec 062015

200

The contact owned a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving 40 mph, the contact crashed into another vehicle. The air bags deployed, but they did not inflate. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to an impound lot. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 14,900.

- Southgate, MI, USA

Apr 282016

200

Was involved in a 3 -car accident on 04/27/2016 per the way he vehicle was hit and the damages, the airbags should have deployed, no airbags deployed and car would not turn off... meaning the push to start would not turn off engine... the vehicle was in motion when accident occurred and there is no reason exactly why the airbags didn't deploy being that the axle is damaged as well.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Apr 052016

200

Front end collision occurred on April 5 2016. The vehicle was in motion at 49 mph and caused a 6 car crash. Not a single air bag deployed. Lafontain of saline and Chrysler hq will not return my calls.. I am still paying for this lease.

- New Boston, MI, USA

Feb 272016

200

On Saturday 2/27/16, my husband and I were going through an intersection (we had the green light) and a Ford F-150 truck ran a red light forcing us to T-bone his truck. We were going approx 25 mph and the truck was going approx 40 mph when we collided. The airbags on my Chrysler 200 did not deploy but the airbags on the F-150 did deploy. My husband and I both received head, neck and back problems from this accident but thankfully nothing extremely major. I am including pictures of the inside and outside of the car immediately after the accident.

- Whitehouse, OH, USA

Dec 312015

200

Brakes locked while in motion trying to stop at 35 mph. Resulted in rear-end crash and no airbag deployment.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Dec 182015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While parking the vehicle, it suddenly accelerated and crashed into a tree. The air bags did not deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was damaged on the front bumper. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed, but the cause of the failure was not found. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 5,800.

- Howell, NJ, USA

Oct 222015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. That while parked, the vehicle accelerated without warning. The brake pedal was depressed, but failed to respond. As a result, the contact crashed into a building and the air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a collision center, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 4,000.

- Sunrise, FL, USA

Sep 272015

200

I have brought my car to the dealership repair shop 18 times about something is wrong with my transmission. I have all paperwork to back it up that these technicians and Chrysler's star keep telling me that either they don't hear anything or no it's normal. Well today my check engine light came on and the screen said service transmission. But there's nothing wrong with it I thought. To make matters more upsetting to me on Wednesday the 23rd of September I got a call from the dealership if the tech can take it home overnight 9 miles away to see if what I feel or hear (hesitation, rattling, and jerking) is true. Normal yet again! by the way the airbag light is still on waiting for them to call because they are waiting to get a new wiring harness to fix the issue. The airbag part has been in the shop 7 times going on 8 and has been repaired that many times. Oh and the airbag a so called safety issue isn't really a safety issue according to the dealership and Chrysler. They sent me home with it. The same tech that said the car tranny is normal. I have children and yet they keep telling me the 2015 Chrysler 200 is suppose to be this way. Someone even had the nerve to guarantee me that if I'm involved in an accident it will deploy. Chrysler and the techs that go through all this training still can not fix a car with issues. Even with my car having stayed over the 30 day mark with the same issues that can not be resolved Chrysler will not buy back my car. Please someone look into it.

- West Haven, CT, USA

Sep 162015

200

My airbag light was going on and off throughout the day. I brought it to the dealer and they didn't find any codes but the light was off. I went down the road and it turned back on so I went back. They found the same code that's been giving me issues regarding the passenger seat. 7 times for the same issue. I had brought my car back and forth since March 2015 for the tranny issue. It jerks, hesitates, and rattles. On a serious note my neck hurts cause it causes me to jerk forward. All Chrysler keeps doing is reprogramming my computer on the tranny but it doesn't work. I have over 17 work orders, over 30 days of staying in the shop, and all they do is reprogram it per Chrysler star orders. Recently I went to reverse the vehicle and it shot forward then knocked into reverse. The buyback program is a lie. Please do not purchase the Chrysler 200. It's just a headache and a waste of money.

- West Haven, CT, USA

Feb 132015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 55 mph, the headlights were activated, but the headlights and tail lights failed. As a result, another vehicle crashed into the rear of the contact's vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained unknown injuries that did not require medical attention. In addition, while parked with the vehicle started, the vehicle jerked forward without warning and crashed into a curb. There were no injuries. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100.

- St Louis, MO, USA