2016 Chrysler 200 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chrysler 200:

2016 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Jun 022016

We had only had our 2016 Chrysler 200S for around 3 weeks. While heading home traveling East on state rt 149 from West frankfort, il., we heard a loud thump like something just hit the passenger side of our car. We pulled the car off at the church just 1 block down the road, got out and looked to see what happened, no animals had hit the car, no objects was laying in the road, and no one was mowing, but we had a straight gash with a dent in the side of our rear passenger door. It was getting close to dusk and I thought something came off the car. The next morning I finally noticed the passenger front wheel had the lug nut missing and the stud was gone. The rims clear coat is scratched where it fell off and slung back and hit the side of our car. I called our local Chrysler dealer and come to find out it had bolts not studs. I had them order one form me. I asked the service manager what the correct torque was for the bolts, incase any others were loose. He said, "103 ft/lbs". I check the torque the rest of the lug bolts and come to find every front one was loose. 1 more on the passenger side and 2 on the drivers side took nearly a 1/4 turn to reach torque. The rest of the front bolts were around 1/8 turn from being torqued. I only found 1 on the rear that wasn't correctly torqued. I haven't seen bolt lugs on an american car in all my life. I had the dealer install the new bolt and had him double check the torque on the others. I contacted Chrysler customer service and reported the problem. I also called the dealership I purchased the car from and drove it down for him to get pictures as well of the damage. The dealer contacted the regional service manager as well about the problem. Today Chrysler support said they are not going to fix the damage, because its not a warranty covered issue.our last 15 model 200 was bought back by Chrysler, because of all the problems.

- Thompsonville, IL, USA

Jun 022016

I just bought this car in March of 2016 and has been in dealership over 9 times already for the alignment, tires already going bald and the transmission. I was driving one day down a street that has a 55mph speed limit and the car just died and lost all power it wouldnt go at all so I had to pull over and restart the vehicle finally it went then ever since then the car shifts very rough and jerks you and the dealerships keep telling me that its the way the car is supposed to drive but I know its not also the service transmission light came but the dealer says that codes were there to show which was odd to me also another issue with this car is sometimes when I put it in drive, reverse etc the electronic ebrake just comes which almost had me hit a few times now I have had this car 3 months now and its in the shop more than I can drive. I would say this car is unsafe and highly advise not to buy

- Hartville, OH, USA

Apr 142016

Purchased the vehicle roughly 30 days ago with only 4 miles on it at time of purchase. At 800 miles I began hearing noises coming from the brakes. After the dealer inspected and serviced the vehicle, they could find no issues or anything wrong with the vehicle. At 1100 miles, the brakes were still making noise and finally out of nowhere while driving the brakes locked up on me nearly resulting in an accident. This occurred afterwards on 2 other occasions, once while driving as and again another time when switching out of reverse. I also noticed at times that the brake pedal had gone nearly to the floor, which was also of concern. The vehicle was immediately dropped off at the dealership and I have now had a rental vehicle for the past couple of days without any response from the dealership whatsoever. I will be filing a claim for lemon law, as I have not even made my first car payment yet. Please ensure our safety by reviewing this issue and recalling any vehicles affected, as this will surely cause accidents if allowed to continue without resolution being provided.

- Mayfield, OH, USA

Feb 012016

The brakes on this car while backing up made an awful noise from day 1. I thought at first it was normal. Thought it was just new brakes that had to be broken in. Then I knew something was wrong because when I put it in drive my back brakes were locked and wouldn't release. Looked down to see if I hit the E brake, that was never the case. The brakes in rear have locked up several times and every time it was backing up and putting it in drive. I had a 2015 with the same issues and was replaced by the lemon law with a 2016 and now experiencing the same issues. Dealer opened start case with Chrysler but currently has no fix for these cars. Dealer also stated due to the size of the rotors/breaks causes the squealing/locking noise. This is a major safety issue in case the break decide to lock up or not work, currently waiting for more "repairs".

- La Mesa, CA, USA