1.7

2005 Chrysler 300 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler 300:

2005 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 062014

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. While driving various speeds, the engine stalled without warning. The failure was persistent. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 77,000.

- Roseville, CA, USA

Sep 232016

300

My girlfriend brought me drinks for lunch she ran inside my shop dropped them off and went back out started the car back up and bang bang clank clank....siezed motor. Got I towed home pulled heads off and what do you know a dropped valve seat. Second time same cylinder opposite head. This is a very common issue with earlier model hemi. Motor is trash.

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Jun 102016

300

Low oil levels, oil light and check engine light always on. Kept taking the car in to have it checked, we were told nothing was wrong, just keep adding oil. That made no sense as there had to be a reason for this. Was finally diagnosed as oil sludge and engine was destroyed and needed to be replaced. Also, because it caused the lights to be on for so long, I now need to have the computer replaced that controls the sensors for those.

- Brea, CA, USA

Jun 262016

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. While driving 70 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact pulled the vehicle to the side of the road, turned off, and restarted the engine, but the vehicle continued to stall several times. The check engine light illuminated after the failure occurred. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 148,000.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jun 222015

300

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. The contact received notification of a recall for NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) but the parts were not available within a reasonable time frame to receive the repair. The contact stated that the vehicle failed inspection due to a failure with multiple cylinder misfires. The dealer completed a smoke test and a dtc.the contact had not been able to determine a remedy yet to repair the vehicle and was unable to figure out what it would take to pass the vehicle inspection. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was unknown. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Portland, OR, USA

Aug 152005

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that immediately after refueling and driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who diagnosed the vehicle. However, the contact was unsure about what part needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Springfield, OH, USA

Jan 042016

300

I am having a problem with the wireless ignition node (win) module, which can exhibit a binding condition of the solenoid latch. It's possible that the key can be removed from the ignition switch prior to placing the shifter in "park, " which can cause unintended vehicle movement. There was a safety recall for the year 2010 model, but I am having the same problem with the 2005. My car was stationary. The dashlights will not go off I have been able to pull the key out and the radio would still be playing after I opened the door. I have been able to remove the key and the engine would still be running. Now I can't get the car to start at all, the key is not engaging but the dash instrument lights are still on, I had to disconnect the battery so the battery would not lose power.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Nov 082015

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. While driving at 15 mph, the engine stalled without warning. The vehicle was able to restart after several attempts the power resumed once the vehicle came to a complete stop. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Garland, TX, USA

Oct 152013

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. While driving at approximately 30 mph, the engine stalled without warning. After several attempts, the vehicle was able to restart. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was undetermined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 154,000.

- Fayette, MS, USA

Sep 182015

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. While driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the engine needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 145,000.

- Temple, TX, USA

Aug 102015

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. While driving approximately 35 mph, the contact noticed an abnormal noise under the hood of the vehicle. The contact mentioned that the vehicle independently veered to the right. The contact was able to stop the vehicle and discovered that the belt was detached. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that the pulley failed. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 89,000.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jul 072015

300

I attempted to start my car and it made a sound and would not turn over. I had my husband check to see if the battery was dead and he informed me the battery was fine. We attempted to start it again and you could tell how it wanted to start but would not turn over. Once I turned the key off I noticed a red light with a lightning bolt in the middle of backwards parentheses. )Z( kind of like this! I noticed a lot of people are complaining of this same situation, I'm just glad mine was parked in our drive way and not on the middle of a street!

- Strasburg, VA, USA

Jul 022015

300

The car stalled in the middle of the freeway while driving at 65mph!! it is a miracle no other car crashed into us and killed us. It also stalls on the streets and after filling it up with gas. Sometimes it starts up again and sometimes it doesn't. the car is a safety hazard to my son and me!! it is a 2005 Chrysler 300 2.7L.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Apr 152015

300 6-cyl

On 4/15/2015 and 5/7/2015 the engine on our car just stopped running as I was making a turn at the intersection of two streets. We lost all power brakes and steering to the car and I had to let it coast off to the side of the road. I manually stopped the car and put it in parking gear. I was able to restart the engine on the first try and continued my trip. Obviously, this recurring problem is of great concern to us and would appreciate your advise on what we should do to have it investigated and corrected a.S.a.P. we have the car serviced on a regular basic and we do not neglect the car.

- Port Charlotte, FL, USA

Jun 182014

300 6-cyl

Our engine went out and needed replaced when car was under 80,000 miles. It had to be replaced for over $3000. Now we are told that the cradle/subframe that holds the engine in is rusted through causing our vehicle problems when turning right. It's ready to break and cause many problems if we continue driving it!!! I've found many complaints with both of these issues online that people have reported to the company. What's it going to take to get a recall? a death as result of an accident caused from driving the car. I have kids...its unsafe and costly... what a junk car Chrysler :(

- Ashland, OH, USA

Mar 022015

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle decelerated and the check engine and parking assistance warning indicators illuminated. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 160,000.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Mar 092015

300 6-cyl

I was driving in the fast lane on the interstate and all of a sudden the car began to shut down. It took all my might to move the car from the fast lane to the median, which was on the opposite side of the slow lane. I could have easily been killed due to the speeds of the cars around me.this was the most frightening situation I've ever been in!! I am not due for an oil change until next month. The car never sounded funny or anything.

- Tuscaloosa, AL, USA

Feb 202015

300

Was driving normally when car hesitated then stopped. Car would start again abt 20 min later. Dealer checked with computer found no prob. Took car back. Abt 1 month later reoccured. Was towed to different dealership that also coulnd't find problem but cleaned heavy carbon from throttle, test drives indicated ok, another month same probleem, dealer could only find low battery, chgd it and we drove again, ok for 1 month and 1 week, car stalled again. Took to 3rd dealer and are awaiting diagnosis.

- Howell , NJ, USA

Jan 262015

300 6-cyl

My car gear shift got stuck in park and now want move unless you go under the cover of the shift.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Jan 082015

300 8-cyl

After refueling, the car started and then died. I restarted and then pulled away. It died again at the two following stops. It then died while driving down a hill at 15 mph. All of this occurred within 2 miles of refueling. The vehicle restarted following each event. After parking the car for several hours the problem was gone. A similar episode happened the next time I refueled as well.

- Atascadero, CA, USA