7.0

2. update ECU (1 reports)
2005 Chrysler 300 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler 300:

2005 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Nov 202010

300 4.0L

I have a 2005 Chrylser 300 Touring and over the weekend on Saturday night I was out driving down the highway and my headlights began to flicker & completely went out! When the lights went out it was for a moment but at night without headlights (on a dark road) a few seconds, etc. seems like an eternity. Than they started to flicker off/on and go out again, before they stayed on; like this expensive car that I paid my money for should be doing. The next day was Sunday, So I called the nearest Chrysler Dealership BUT of course they are closed on Sunday's. I did some research on the internet and came across this site first and saw that another Chrylser 300 car owner is having the same problem ( in January) BUT the response she got from a Chrysler representative let me know she did not even take the time to research dimming/flickering lights because this women who posted the message had stated that she already took her car to the dealer & they could not figure out what the problem. So, why in the world would would this Chrysler representative tell her to take it the dealer AFTER she clearly stated that she already had done this...

I came across a posting where Chrysler has issued a service bulletin that in order to fix this problem the ECU needs to be updated with the latest software & it is going to cost US instead of the Dealer. I said O.K. this makes sense to me, BUT Don't you think this should be a recall or part of the LIFETIME Warranty!!!

It is a danger that could very well cause an ACCIDENT!! If not a recall than Chrysler should have the PROFESSIONAL courtesy to send out a letter about this hazzardous/dangerous defect that requires US to pay for this so-called unforseen deficiency! I recieve letters from the Chrylser dealer I purchased my car from because they want me to come back & BUY something, BUT you mean to me NO ONE from a corporate stand point can say that this is a dangerous and we should send letters too besides posting it on the internet (NOT everyone is internet savvy).

I feel that when the car was built this problem should have been foreseen and I am not pleased with the way Chrysler, as a whole entity, is attempting to resolve this defect.

- , Berlin, MD, USA

Nov 012008

300 Touring 3.5L V6

I love my 300 had it since it was brand new.. Last month I notice my lights blinking in the middle of the day when I was behind a big truck. Since then it appears to happen almost everytime I start the car and tends to go away after 30 minutes of running. At night it is very dangerous. The lights will blink and sometimes go completely off.. When I turn them off they come back on..then go out again I turn the switch and they come back on.. Sometimes the dash lights also go completely out and other times they go from dim to bright and back to dim. Since I don't drive that often at night I've procrastinated in taking it to the dealership. I know by the time I get there the problem will be gone away because the car would have warmed up.. I think I will video the problem and take a DVD with me.

- , Richmond, VA, USA