2005 Chrysler 300 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler 300:

2005 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 242016

300

Y'all had a recall on the gas tank ever since I had a gas tank replaced I continue to smell gas fumes coming from the fuel line has a leak in it and I'm trying to find out do Y'all have a recall on it at all and I have a vibration coming in from my brake system and I can't seem to find out what is coming from but it says possibility that I have an issue with the break line.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Oct 012015

300

I have a 2005 Chrysler 300 touring edition, the driver's side tension strut failed causing my anti-lock brakes to fail. Due to the failure I had to swerve off of the road into a small ditch damaging my undercarriage and fender wells.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jan 102015

300 6-cyl

I was driving on a city street, going 25 mph when I heard a knocking sound, I thought it was something I had hit but, it wasn't. I kept driving for about 5 blocks when it occurred again. I pulled into a service station and the mechanic told me that it sounded like it was my tie rods. I contacted a mechanic and he told me that its was the tie rods. I have never had a problem in all the years I have had my car, but this is a first. Not sure if this is under a recall or if anyone else is experiencing this, but it can be frightening.

- Fridley, MN, USA

Mar 012014

300 6-cyl

Car shaking like tires about to fall off, had it check and it was my tire rods and need a front end alignment and tires.

- Phenix, AL, USA

Jan 252005

300

There was an oil leak at the rear of vehicle and the dealer replaced the rear axle pinion seal and yoke. Also on this day the trim piece around the drivers seat came loose and they replaced the six (6) screws that had fallen out. Next the driver side sun visor clip broke and they replaced it. As of this report, June 6, 2013, both visor clips are broken. Lastly, the carpet on the floor board front passenger side is coming up. 02/17/05, there was a recall on vehicle D29 reprogram PCM and tcm08-D2-91-82, recall on vehicle D28 battery cable stud fasteners recall D28 inspect bulkhead stud 08-D2-81-82 ; recall on vehicle D50 radiator isolator brackets. The bolts were broken and replaced with rad support brackets 07-30-10-50 07-D5-01-82. I was charged $32.05 for labor, G.O.G., epa plus tax. 08/24/07, slack in left outter tie rod end. The seeing oil light was replaced on 05/22/09 for $166.63 and it was recommended that the bleeder housing (leaking) $197; water pump & thermostat $854. Replaced throttle body on 07/02/12. The key comes out of ignition switch while car is in motion, check engine light is on 8/7/13. The ECU replaced on 8/22/12, car wouldn't go over 25 mph and RPM stuck @ 1000. The radiator was replaced on 05/13/13, had a leak. The timing chain, water pump and plenum gasket was replaced on 06/03/13 and my check engine light and that etc light are still flashing in the dash. The reason "supposedly" now is that Chrysler issued a bulletin for mechanics to have car owners to return the vehicle to dealership and pay to replace the crankshaft position sensors and this is as of June 6, 2013. I don't have anymore money, time nor patience for this vehicle! obviously, it is a lemon, by no stretch of the imagination. The company should be ashamed of the obvious fraudulent advertisement of their products. I am seeking to sue the company. They knew vehicle was no good.

- Brandon, MS, USA

Oct 012009

300

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler 300. While driving approximately 35 mph the contact heard a clanking sound coming from the rear of the vehicle. The failure occurred intermittently and progressed over time. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The contact had a rear alignment performed and replaced all four tires. The clanking sound continued to occur. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was unknown.

- Flint, MI, USA

Sep 272008

300

Purchased the Chrysler 300 Jan 2005 and within a few months vehicle started pulling to the right. We took the car in 3 times within the first 6 months of having it and they tried to fix, said they had and was not. On the final attempt, they told us to take it to an alignment shop on our own to fix, "we tried." Now, after 3 years driving with the same problem. We have a new problem, the speedometer gauge broke. We were told sorry, its out of warranty and we have to pay $1000 to fix. Another dealer, said they would charge 800. II was told that our cluster would be sent out and replaced with a refurbished one. So we did not have it fixed, we decided to purchase one on our own (from a junk yard or refurbished) and now the mileage needs to be reset. But were told that they could just reset the mileage for 100 dollars. Took the car in now being told that we can not do that. So what's the difference if they put in a refurbished one or we did, it still needs to be reset. It seem to me, they still want the money to fix and that's al they care about! when it should be only $100 to fix now.

- Saugus, CA, USA

Sep 072007

300 8-cyl

I have a 2005 300C that I bought in April 2007, it only had 14425, miles, when I tested drove it, I notice that it was pulling to the right, I thought it was a low tire, and I was in love with the car from the time I saw it. As weeks went by and after placing air in all tires, the car continued to pull to the right. So I called the dealership and stated my problem, they asked me to come in. I told them the problem that I was having and they recommend a wheel alignment that I paid for. I drove it home and noticed that it was doing the same thing, pulling to the right, I called them and made another appointment, this time the said it was the tires, so I replaced the tires and put the Goodyear assurance on it, and again paid for that. I took off again for home, and noticed the same problem. I turned the car around and went back to the dealer, and told them it was not fixed. They said to me that Chrysler knows about the problem, after I have spent the money myself trying to repair a problem when I still have bumper to bumper cover, that when Chrysler come out with a fix I would be notified. This is wrong, and Chrysler should repair the problem, and give us back our money that we have spent in trying to repair something that they know about. Updated 11/26/07

- Union City, TN, USA

Apr 182007

300 6-cyl

Vehicle pulls to the right. Took vehicle to dealer and have had three alignments on the vehicle and problem still persists. Casuing steering wheel to be off center. Causing wear on tires.

- Santa Fe, NM, USA

Aug 272006

300 8-cyl

Ever since I purchased my Chrysler 300C in August or Sept of 2004 it has pulled to the right. I have had the front end re-aligned on 3 separate occasions without success. The dealers always over-inflate the tires to 35 psi to mask the problem.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 242006

300 6-cyl

: the contact stated the vehicle steering continually pulled to the right while driving 45 mph. The service dealer performed front alignments on 6 separate occasions and replaced both front tires, but could not identify the problem. The steering continued to pull to the right. The manufacturer was not notified. Updated 9/5/2006 -

- Adrian, MI, USA

Apr 252006

300 8-cyl

Suspension pops and dash rattles.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Mar 072006

300

I drive a Chrysler 300C, when I purchased the car I felt the car veering to the right. Well I had taken the car in to the dealer and I was told that I needed a wheel alignment and I also needed to have my wheel rotated. Well I did that and still I had the same problem. So I took the car back and was told that I needed another wheel alignment and my wheels needed to be rotated I did all of that and I still have the same problem. I also have a problem with my horn not blowing when the car is not running. I find all of the above complaints to hazardous and dangerous to myself, family and friends. I am told by the dealer that there is no problem. I have tried calling the service manager for the last two days and have yet a receive a response.

- Denver, CO, USA

Dec 222005

300 8-cyl

: the contact stated while driving at 50 mph the accelerator pedal became stuck in the depressed position which resulted in an accident with another vehicle. There was severe damage to the chassis of both vehicles. However, the air bags of the contact's vehicle did not deploy. It was taken to a service dealer but the mechanic was unable to duplicate the problem with the accelerator pedal. Also, the vehicle continuously pulled to the right and required excessive force to keep the vehicle moving straight. The vehicle was taken to service dealer where the tires were rotated. Shortly after the tire rotation, the tread became completely worn. The mechanic determined the suspension was the cause of the problem.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jan 042006

300 6-cyl

: the contact stated there has been a problem with the front alignment since the vehicle was purchased which caused the vehicle to pull to the right. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where a front alignment was performed. The dealer offered to change some non specific bolts and the shim in an effort to correct the problem with the front suspension, but could not guarantee this would resolve the problem. The vehicle was taken to an alignment specialist shop, where it was aligned to meet factory specifications. However, a test drive by the repair shop personnel confirmed the contact's initial complaint of a right lead. After the test drive the repair shop personnel alerted the contact of a technical service bulletin NHTSA 10013692 regarding a revision of the alignment specifications for the right lead problem.

- Aurora, CO, USA

May 102005

300

Failure and its consequences, and what was done to correct the failure.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Apr 122005

300 8-cyl

This vehicle (as I understand, this and may others) is experiencing a pull to right. It has been in the shop numerous times and has had the tsb (camb. Bolt) performed 2 times. Purchased this car in August and have had this problem right from the begining...now we are at the end of April and it is not fixed. We have had all tires replaced for wear (and have been told that this has nothing to do with alignment) this vehicle's production date is very early. Apparently Chrysler has since fixed the problem on newer 300's being produced....but can seem to fix the older ones. At this point I am questioning whether this can be repaired.

- Schenevus, NY, USA

Aug 242004

300

While driving at any speed vehicle tended to veer to the right.

- Dayton, OH, USA

May 182004

300 6-cyl

Veh pulls to the right. Been to the dealership and they ordered camber bolt package, installed and still pulling to the right. Had service manager ride to see for himself. He agreed problem still there. Head srvc mechanic said all he could do is "tweak it" by overcompensating for the pull, there is nothing more they could do. Car was mfg 03.22.04 according to manifest papers. Have filed cert ret receipt letter to Chrysler and md consumer protection Agency, based on information that this is a problem with cars mfged before April 01, 2005.

- Finksburg, MD, USA

Jul 212004

300 6-cyl

Vehicle veers to the right taking back for repair.

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA