8.2

2. replace shifter (3 reports)
  3. shift lock spring retention breakage (1 reports)
2005 Chrysler 300 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler 300:

2005 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Jun 252012

300

How does one car 70,000 miles get stuck in Park? this seems like a defects problem. this has happened to too many owners and we should not be liable for this!

- , Wilmington, Delaware, USA

Jun 112011

300 Touring 3.5L

just want to say I hope its not to expensive to fix its a damn reccession replaced the brake switch thing and now what if this is an issue in the Chrysler then fix it...

- , Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jul 032011

300 V6

Everyone needs to know about this problem in the Chrysler 300

- , Lithonia, GA, USA

Nov 182010

300

I understand this is a common problem with all Chrysler 300 and Chrysler won't do a recall. My understanding is that all they need to do is replace a plastic part with a metal part that would stop the problem when the plastic piece breaks.

- , Marlin, TX, USA

Feb 202009

300 3.5

At this time (Oct 2010) I have no complaints. When the shifter locked up I went online and did research. I went to the dealer bought the replacement part for approx 90.00. It took about 30 min to swap out. It was very simple to do. Then I went to the local auto wrecking yard and pulled one off of a wrecked chrysler 300 2006 for 50 bucks. I keep it in my truck as a spear for when I drive around town. To swap out, I carry a 10mm socket and 8mm socket an phillips screw driver. Thats the tools I use.

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Oct 122010

300 Touring V6

I love my Chrysler 300 i just hate it that i can't move it now. I don't have the money to get it fix and that is pissing me off. I told all my friends about how i like my car but now i'm HATING IT now!

- , Afton, OK, USA

Oct 192010

300 V6

I don't have that many miles on this vehicle, I can't understand why this is happening. also, the vehicle will stop in middle of traffic.

- , 13985 Waukeenah, FL, USA

Jun 302010

300 Touring 3.5L V6

Car is locked in "Park." Cannot get out of my carport. Car is now as useful as a box of rocks. Solution said to be a replacement shifter, quoted at $275 (parts & labor) plus cost of towing. Dealership service manager said this happens all the time so they keep replacement parts in stock. If it's a defective part, why no recall?

- , Fountain Hills, AZ, USA

Apr 192009

300 Touring 3.7L

2005 Chrysler 300 Touring

Car stuck in garage because it will not shift out of park regardless of car being on or off or ignition on or off. This is not the brake lock out safety feature, it is something else. Even when car is running with brake depressed it will not shift out of park. I can not check tranny fluid because there is no dipstick (retarded idea btw Chrysler, good job). Anyone out there have any similar problems and could shed some light would be greatly appreciated. It is Sun and if I cant get it fixed today I will have it towed into the dealership tomorrow. Thanks.

Update from Apr 29, 2009: Found a great thread that tells how to fix this problem, where to buy parts, and some great pictures.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

- , Elkins, AR, USA