9.7

2. recall (1 reports)
  3. replace entire gear shifter assembly (1 reports)
  4. replace plastic part (1 reports)
2006 Chrysler 300 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler 300:

2006 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Sep 112011

300 Limited 3.5lV6

Trying to go to work today, my gear shift won't move out of park.

Found out that Chrysler has a customer satisfaction recall for some 300s, Dodge chargers and magnums. Apparently not mine. Chrysler states the recalls are bin specific, so even though my car breaks at the same exact spot in the gear shifter as the cars in the recall, they will not assist with my costs. The recall obviously was not broad enough to cover all of the defective bins. They missed one with me and according to my internet searches missed with a lot of other customers as well.

Missed a day of work (so far), cost me towing and $461 in repairs for a small pink plastic piece with a spring that breaks. They know the interlock switch is bad so they don't sell interlock switches and instead sell you a whole new gear shifter box with a new designed part. So basically they know its a bad part and don't sell it anymore but won't cover the bad part when it breaks in only 5 years of use. A part that also leaves you stranded when it breaks.

the only win I get is I know not to ever buy a Chrysler again.

- , Philadelphia, PA, USA

May 122011

300 3.7L V6

My car will not shift out of park, had to be towed to dealer, they do not have the part so am without the car for 5 to 6 days while they oder it. Plus it is not covered on the extended warranty. After reading it is a plastic part I will be paying over $300.00 for, I will be calling the manufacture to complain. This use be a recall item.

- , Springfield, MO, USA

Aug 092010

300 V6

The gear-shift freezes up and can not shift transmission into gear. Dealer is hiding fact that this is a common problem with the Chrysler 300 and a national recall should be issued

- , St. Simons Island, Georgia, USA

Jul 302010

300 Touring V6

My Chrysler 300 Touring would not move out of Park. Took it to the dealer to see if it would be covered under warranty. Waiting for a response. I was told by the tow truck driver that this is an ongoing issue with the 300 Model. Does anyone have recall information?

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Nov 182009

300 Touring 3.8L

I currently own three chrysler products. two out of the three vehicles have had the identical problem with the shifter. You put the vehicle in park and it will not shift out of park because of a plastic locking mechanism in the shifter that breaks.This has caused me to have to pay towing charges because to get the first car to the dealer to have the part replaced(300 touring) which was still under warranty at the time less than 20,000 miles. Then the 2006 charger had the exact same problem but it was not under warranty so I had to absorb the entire cost to fix. What are the chances of a person owning the vehicles from the same company and have the same problem. now I am waiting for my 300c to have the same problem. Now I've learned that Billet makes an after market part to replace the plastic piece that is the cause of the problem. Which they produce make of aluminun instead of the cheap plastic chrysler uses.

- , Leon Valley, Texas, USA

Nov 252009

300 2.7L

thanksgiving eve,while working girlfriend had car stopping for odds n ends preparing for turkey day.to leave out walgreens to find my vechicle wont move out of park.there was no indicator light.no different feeling .indicating i was about to be face with an issue.i call a chrsyler dealership where i have my car service to find out.my shifter gone bad..i feel this is unsafe,im a strong supporter of buying american.i would like for chrslyer to look into this matter..

- , Pembroke Pines, FL, USA