9.0

$1,400.00

2006 Chrysler 300 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler 300:

2006 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Jul 072014

300 Limited V6

click to see larger images

engine shutting off on its own engine shutting off on its own engine shutting off on its own engine shutting off on its own engine shutting off on its own

I was driving down a busy highway when all of a sudden, my car shut off. I restarted my car and it shut off again. I tried starting again for the third time and it starting making a rumbling noise and while pressing on the accelerator, the car didn't accelerate. It appears to me that the gas wasn't pumping properly. Eventually, the car wouldn't start at all.

I had the car towed to the nearest repair shop. It was determined by the mechanics that the improperly installed pump by Chrysler's Co. caused damaged to the sensors, the timing belt and the pump itself. The engine was spitting out a substance that looked like pink bubble gum. I telephoned Chrysler repair service to inform them of the same to see if there was a recall on the call or if they would fix the problem since the mileage on the car was around 57,000 miles and the timing belt should not have gone bad that soon on the car. Chrysler's representative told me there is no way they would fix the car due to manufacturer default and there was no recall on the car. The representative also suggested that I have the car fixed by the repair shop where the car was towed. He also said that if I had the car towed to them, it would cost me more in labor costs, and that he was familiar with the repair shop where the car was and suggested to use them because their labor costs was less than Chrysler's. Therefore, I had the other repair shop fix the car.

The mechanics said there was no way the timing belt should have gone on a well maintained car. I did all of my oil changes, maintenance, etc. on my car. I am appalled that Chrysler would not reimbure me for all or some of the repair costs of $1,400. Chrysler representative RC1329 said Chrysler will not reimburse me for the costs because I had the car fixed by another dealer. When you have an emergency, and there is no Chrsyler repair shop nearby for miles, what do you think I was supposed to do? These cars might look good on the outside, but they have major problems with their engine. Beware!

- , Newark, NJ, USA

Jan 012010

300

Bought my Chrysler 300 in 2007. It was running good until just the beginning of this year (2010). Here's the problem. When I stop at a light, the engine would shut off by itself. I wouldn't know when it's shut off because the lights and music would still be on but when I step on the gas petal, the car would feel like it's on nuetral when it's not. I don't know if this means the engine is really "shut off" but that's how it feels to me. This has happened a lot of times already. Sometimes this will happen while i'm driving on the freeway. I'll try to speed up the car and it'll shut down on me. It's dangerous and it's to the point where i'm sick and tired of always having to restart the car. I've been begging my husband to take it in to get it checked but he thinks it's no big deal since he doesn't drive the car.

Don't get we wrong. I love my Chrysler but at this point, i'm about ready to give the car up. I've looked online to see if anyone else have the same problems but so far I haven't come upon any complaints that sounds like mine. If there is and I over looked it, please let me know what the problem is and how it was fixed or how to fix it.

- , Sacramento, CA, USA