8.0

2006 Chrysler 300 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler 300:

2006 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Jan 012010

300

Bought my Chrysler 300 in 2007. It was running good until just the beginning of this year (2010). Here's the problem. When I stop at a light, the engine would shut off by itself. I wouldn't know when it's shut off because the lights and music would still be on but when I step on the gas petal, the car would feel like it's on nuetral when it's not. I don't know if this means the engine is really "shut off" but that's how it feels to me. This has happened a lot of times already. Sometimes this will happen while i'm driving on the freeway. I'll try to speed up the car and it'll shut down on me. It's dangerous and it's to the point where i'm sick and tired of always having to restart the car. I've been begging my husband to take it in to get it checked but he thinks it's no big deal since he doesn't drive the car.

Don't get we wrong. I love my Chrysler but at this point, i'm about ready to give the car up. I've looked online to see if anyone else have the same problems but so far I haven't come upon any complaints that sounds like mine. If there is and I over looked it, please let me know what the problem is and how it was fixed or how to fix it.

- , Sacramento, CA, USA