2006 Chrysler 300 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler 300:

2006 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 122011

300

The car lost power and just stopped..no check engine light or anything. Locked engine. I always did oil changes and took good care of the car. Not only did the engine lock but the tire rods on the car kept breaking causing more issues..

- Saint Charles, MO, USA

Jul 012011

300

The contact owns a 2006 chrylser 300. The contact stated that the vehicle would not shift out of park. The vehicle was towed home. An authorized dealer was notified and the contact was informed that the entire gear box would need to be replaced. The contact also stated that the steering wheel would turn freely to the left and right when the key was not in the ignition. The manufacturer was made aware of the failures, but offered no assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 77,179.

- Pooler, GA, USA

Apr 222011

300

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300 limited the tie rod ends goes fast like every 9 to 10 months I check the car regularly an I notice that each wheels I jacked up had movement so I replace them again before it got worse er never had a car with this problem tie rod end last some times for 9 years or so if your in the country or city an no pot holes this problem need to be addressed.

- District Heights, MD, USA

Jan 072011

300 6-cyl

I recently had new tires mounted on my vehicle and was told that the tire rods were worn badly. I just passed 42,000 miles on my vehicle. I was told by my mechanic that this has been an issue on many Chrysler 300 models around the same mileage. There are even two options for repair. You can have the tie rods replaced with standard equipment but will most likely have the same issue or Chrysler came out with an upgraded replacement with a lifetime warranty. Obviously Chrysler knows that this is an issue and should be an actual recall. I will be having the tie rods replaced tomorrow.

- Appleton, WI, USA

Nov 242010

300 6-cyl

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300 and on Nov 24 2010 my tie rod end broke and had to be towed to the shop for repairs, it has been others with the same problems with these type of cars and I think this should be looked into by someone.

- Crockett, TX, USA

Sep 262009

300

At 36,000 miles the inner tie rods are worn and very loose. Outters are worn but not as badly. Car is out of warranty (over 36 months). When I called the dealer they said this is a common problem and they have seen it happen at less than 36,000 miles. Failure consequences will be complete loss of steering control and accidents. This a serious and dangerous manufacturing defect and should be addressed immediately.

- Gloucester, MA, USA

Jun 302009

300

The strut tension arms and tie rod ends had to be replaced at 68,000 miles. They were rusted due to there was no nipple to lubricate them. The mechanic said in another 60,000 miles the same thing will happen. This was an $800 repair.

- Yorkville, IL, USA

Aug 172007

300

Tie rods failed at 31,512.

- New Castle, DE, USA

Aug 292008

300

Took car in for oil change and to have front end shaking checked out. Was informed that the front tie rod was defective. Since I had an extended Chrysler warranty I took it to the local dealership for repair and found that it needed replacement but was not covered under the warranty. This is a 2006 vehicle with under 50,000 miles. Never had a tie rod go bad in anything else I've owned--and it looks like I'm not the only one.

- Lowell, MI, USA

Feb 042007

300 6-cyl

Since I purchased my 2006 Chrysler 300 touring the idle has been very rough and you hear a moaning sound coming from the engine.

- Antioch, CA, USA