9.0

2. replace solenoid (2 reports)
2006 Chrysler 300 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler 300:

2006 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Jun 082011

300 2.7L

Yesterday, I went out to start my Chrysler 300 to head to work and the gear shift would not work. When I called a Chrysler Dealer about it he told me that in fact, several vehicles had been recalled with this same problem. However, when he looked up my VIN it was not listed as one of the vehicles available for free repair. Go figure. So I contacted Chrysler about it. They gave me case manager who soon returned my call. He told me that although my vehicle was having the same problem as the rest of the vehicles it was not made in the same plant as the other malfunctioning vehicles so there was nothing they could do for me. Now, I am stuck paying the $900 bill to get this damn car fixed. It is the first Chrysler I have ever bought and it will certainly be the last. I hope one day Chrysler goes out of business for how awful they treat their customers.

- , Chicago, IL, USA

Apr 242011

300 V6

MY CAR BROKE DOWN IN LOS ANGELES. I SENT IT TO JE MUFFLER IN VICTORVILLE CA (BY TOW) AND THEY DIAGNOSED IT WITH TRANSMISSION MODULE MAY NEED SOLENOID. AND CHRYSLER SAID OK AND IS CHARGING ME $490.00 TO FIX THE PROBLEM. THE MECHANIC AT J E MUFFLE JAVIER (760-843-3439) SAID THIS WAS THE THIRD CAR HAS HAD WITH THIS PROBLEM. IF YOU GO ONLINE THERE IS A LOT OF INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROBLEM. I CALLED THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEY SAID THERE IS A RECALL FOR THE 2006 TRANSMISSION BUT, NOT FOR MY VIN NUMBER. THAT IS THE CRAZIEST THING IN THE WORLD.

- , Adelanto, CA, USA

Dec 072010

300 Limited 3.5L V6

The manufacture should do something about this problem, becuase I know they-know. The 300 is a nice car and this is the only problem I have with it. A recall is needed to fix this now. I'm going to the better business bureau next if there is no help.

- , Mays Landing, New Jersey, USA

Jul 012010

300 Signature Series 3.5

I have done research on this model and year and there is definitely a widespread issue with the electrical/transmission on these cars. I believe it is a widespread chrylser problem that they have ignored. At times my car will not accelerate from a dead stop or while cruising. (very dangerous)

Also on occasion during a complete stop the car will idle like someone is shaking the car and then the gas pedal/engine will not respond quickly to the gas being pushed.

A truly annoying problem and something that I should not be dealing with when a car only has 37 000 miles on it..

- , Braintree, MA, USA

Jun 282007

300 Limited 3.2L V6

. transmission not shift properly . hearing creaking type noise . vehicle has harsh mpride . right side front floorboard carpet damp . vehicle vibration when going 30mph or more . very dangering drive this car . lemon totallity

- , Mia, FL, USA