2.1

2007 Chrysler 300 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler 300:

2007 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 7)

Feb 022007

300 6-cyl

I bought this 2007 Chrysler 300 in 2008. It had approximately 86,000 miles on it. Before it reached 100,000 miles the problems had already started. First the ABS and traction control lights and another light located on the right side of my panel came on. My car was locking me out at any moment. First I thought it might have been my fault but it happened twice to me while my car was running and my keys in the ignition!! well, I thought to myself, " I know I didn't hit the lock button before I got out of my car, so when it happened the second time I went home and sit in my garage and I sat and watched. All of sudden my car started locking and unlocking all by itself and on the outside with my keys watching this thinking "I was right"!!!! well not only was the car acting crazy, it started acting up when I pull out of any road like it didn't want to go, and I was thinking to myself, "I am eventually going to get ran over because my car wont go!!!! during these incidents the ABS and the traction control lights would come on then go off and come back on again. I never knew what it was going to do. Certain times going down the road it would do the same thing and it was acting like the wheels was going to lock up!!! until this very day, 08-05-2014 it still has these problems. I wish I had never bought it and ill never buy another Chrysler or Dodge ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally made the call after 6 years of this crap and the lady I spoke to says, "there are no recalls on this particular car. Well Chrysler!!?? I wish you would buy this burden back and sell it for scrap!!! its been the biggest burden I have had ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there has been more problems with this vehicle but so much has happened that you need to drive it to find out for yourself!

- Hamilton, AL, USA

Jul 222014

300 6-cyl

Had to move car off block due to street repairs beginning. When I went to drive it to work, car will not go out of park position. Also, in 2009, I took car to dealer on kirkwood hwy in wilmington, de. I told them that when the car goes above 60 mph, the ESC light comes on, car slows down to an exact stop. This happens...as you guess it....in the middle of traffic. Dealer says they haven't experienced it, in my car and through any complaints.

- Wilmington , DE, USA

Jul 112014

300 6-cyl

Car stuck park. Found instructions in manual to release brake transmission shift interlock system override by pressing the pink tab. That did not work. Used a strew driver to manually move the gear out of park. Went to garage and asked that the pink tab be replaced. I was told that this was common on Chrysler and that the entire gear shift had to be replaced. Is there a recall?

- Capitol Heights, MD, USA

Jul 142014

300 8-cyl

I had driven my car home from work, I was on the street I live on and waiting for an ambulance to clear the entrance to my drive way so I could park. I put my car in park at the direction of the emergency response team, once the emergency vehicle had cleared the entrance I was unable to shift my car back in to drive, or reverse. It was stuck in the park position. I had to call a tow truck to move my vehicle from the road in order not to block traffic, I was also slightly in the lane of on coming traffic due to the placement of the emergency vehicles at the time (I live in an assisted living facility, it is normal for the emergency vehicles to be present on and around the property and they often direct other vehicles outside of the normal flow of traffic.) after this incident I found Chrysler had recalled several vehicles of the same make, model and year as mine. However the manufacturer informed me that my VIN number was not on the list, even though I had the same exact issue, Chrysler claimed this to be coincidental. Had my vehicle been hit while blocking traffic, would Chrysler then fix this issue" would the government require them to address this issue if someone does get hurt? what has to happen before they are held responsible for the product that has clearly had the same defect they already know exists? I am appalled that they can knowingly have a defective product and claim it to be coincidental. On top of that, they profit from selling the replacement part, the labor and they don't cover the towing expense to have it repaired, since I was unable to drive my vehicle to the dealership. Didn't our tax dollars recently go to a bail out" would be nice to have a company that wants to ensure their products are safe and operating in a correct manner. Extremely disappointed.

- Richland, WA, USA

Jul 062014

300 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the vehicle was unable to shift out of park. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who replaced the brake shift interlock cable and the key cylinder. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 87,000. Updated 09/02/14

- North Haldon, NJ, USA

Jul 092014

300

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the transmission failed to shift gears. The vehicle was to be inspected, diagnosed and repaired by an authorized dealer or an independent mechanic. The contact was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 06V341000 (power train). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 110,000.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Jul 102014

300 6-cyl

I have owned two Chrysler 300's both being the model year 2007 and both have had the same problem with the gear shift getting stuck in park. Leaving to take my son to summer school this morning and could not get my car out of the park position. Had to break into the center console and use a screwdriver to get the car in drive. "unfortunately" I knew how to do this because the 2007 model that I owned three years ago did the exact same thing. I have to leave my car in neutral and put my parking brake down when ever I park my car because if I place it in park I will have to go through all of the steps again to unlock it. Huge issue and needs to be recalled immediately. Also what's interesting is that the replacement piece happens to be medal. So I ask why would Chrysler go the cheap route and place a plastic piece in all of the vehicles (that cost a pretty penny) instead of doing it right the first time and having the medal piece in it from the start. Sounds like a way to get customers to go to the dealership for repairs and spend more money. Horrible business ethics and due to this issue happening to me twice on two separate vehicles I will never purchase another Chrysler Jeep or Dodge again!

- Henrico , VA, USA

Jun 252014

300 6-cyl

Car won't come out of park to drive. The lever inside is broke. Dealer says it's not just the lever it's the whole sifter transfer case.

- Lakewood, CA, USA

Jun 252014

300

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the shift lever became stuck in park. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 90,000.

- Odenville, AL, USA

Jun 202014

300 6-cyl

Started my car would not shift out of park. I tried several times, as this has never happened to me in all my 44 years of driving.

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Jun 172014

300 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to shift from park. The vehicle was towed to a private mechanic where it was diagnosed that the gear shift lever interlock and the spring hook needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 63,000. Updated 08/18/14

- Jonesville, SC, USA

Jun 082014

300

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the shift lever became stuck in the park position. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician diagnosed the transmission shifter interlock lever needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 93,000.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jun 052014

300 6-cyl

The gear selector will not go out of park and into reverse (or any other gear). I checked on line and found out that 100's of other owners have had this problem on 2006-2009 Chrysler 300's. the part is about $56. Not sure how much the labor would be to install it.

- Bartlett, TN, USA

May 282014

300

Parked the car at home and the next morning could not remove the car out of park.

- Dayton, OH, USA

May 082014

300

The gear shift stuck in park position there was a notification but I was told my vehicle was not covered in that notice for 2005-2007 Chrysler 300 due to its build date.

- Lawrenceville , GA, USA

Apr 112014

300 8-cyl

Reference PE13-016 Chrysler 300 (hemi) when filling my car with gas (shields) the car will stuttered, act as if is trying to shift gear and engine light will come on. This particular day going home down a hill, the car started stopping motions and stop, after starting for the second time it begin to jump an as if it was trying to shift gears, after began shaking an vibrating really hard and stopped was toll by my insurance company usaa, to my house in the middle of the night, the next morning to the automotive shop...900.00 to get it started. It continues to jerk as if it is trying to shift gears and the engine light is on. Please help Chrysler 300 hemi

- Chesterfield, VA, USA

Apr 112014

- Chesterfield, VA, USA

Mar 262014

300 6-cyl

The vehicle is stuck in "park". park lock out mechanism is not functioning. Have read many complaints on line of other vehicle owners with the same problem on the Chrysler 300 and Dodge magnum. I can't move my car. It is stuck were I parked it.

- Evans, GA, USA

Mar 212014

300 6-cyl

The car will start but can not be shifted from the park gear. VIN number does not match to the ones that have already been recalled. Problem is recognized by auto tower and is frequent.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Mar 152014

300

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that she was unable to shift out of park. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure, who advised her that the vehicle was not included in the manufacturer's customer satisfaction campaign for a defective transmission shift interlock lever. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 100,000.

- Swansea, IL, USA