2007 Chrysler 300 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler 300:

2007 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 222014

300 6-cyl

Had to move car off block due to street repairs beginning. When I went to drive it to work, car will not go out of park position. Also, in 2009, I took car to dealer on kirkwood hwy in wilmington, de. I told them that when the car goes above 60 mph, the ESC light comes on, car slows down to an exact stop. This you guess the middle of traffic. Dealer says they haven't experienced it, in my car and through any complaints.

- Wilmington , DE, USA

Jan 022014

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the key would not turn in any direction when inserted into the ignition switch. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer where the ignition housing was replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- St. George, SC, USA

Dec 022013

300 6-cyl

Everytime I fill up my fuel tank or even put maybe about $30 worth of fuel in my car it randomly stalls out while driving. This has happened several times and has been dangerous. In intersections, after getting off a highway and while driving on the street. This is not safe. I have taken this car for several repairs. I now have a new battery, starter, and alternator. The dealer checked it and told me to fix this it will be $1100 or more and that may not fix the problem.

- Batavia, NY, USA

Dec 072013

300 6-cyl

Vehicle parked in my driveway for 3 hours when it caught fire. Vehicle fire started under hood. Vehicle is totaled.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

Jul 012013

300 6-cyl

Check engine light on for P1004 cel"intake short runner control valve actuator, a tsb is listed as Chrysler knowingly acknowledges a faulty part and has issued a tsb repair cost approx $2000 for a know defective actuator that may be stuck due to a poor design, will not pass California emissions due to cel Chrysler will not honor under warranty that expired in July, attempted to get repaired at dealer was denied said was not covered, should have been repaired under warranty, or at least emissions warranty that is 7 years or 100000 miles from my understanding. Please advise.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Sep 072013

The shifter in my vehicle has an interlock latch that isn't part of a recall. There was a recall on the same make and model of cars that were made after mine. Many people with the same make & model have had issues with this yet it isn't part of this recall. If it is a known issue I don't understand why it is not being corrected for all of these parts. It shouldn't be the responsibility of the owner when the maker is aware that this part is in fact faulty.

- Davenport, IA, USA

Jun 112013

Gear shift would not move from park to drive-vehicle has less than 30,000 miles for this safety switch to already malfunction.

- Lexington, NC, USA

Feb 012010

300 6-cyl

Driving on highway during cold winter day (20 degrees or below) when the cars computer system shut down and a few seconds later re-booted. The car continued to do so during the drive home and during the next week until I could get an appointment with local dealership. Took to dealership and they were unsure of the issue. Showed them a video that was taken while driving on the highway (very unsafe to have your car totally shut down while going 70 mph). They replaced the ignition switch -- not warrantied, $300 repair. This has happened every year with the exception of 2012 (weather in region was warmer and didn't meet conditions as previous years). Now it's 2013 and the same thing happened during a recent blizzard. Dealership says their hands are tied, but I think this is a Chrysler defective part issue. Something in very cold weather is causing the computer system to shut down, which could cause a driver to lose control of the vehicle. This is a scary situation, especially if you don't know what's happening. I have video of the issue from a recent commute, as well as the documentation of the on-going issue starting back in 2010. Chrysler was contacted on 2/21/2013 with the details. My utmost concern is that this will (or has) caused a fatality and Chrysler seems unwilling to acknowledge the problem with this defective part..

- Wyoming, MI, USA

Aug 202012

300 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that he started the vehicle and heard an explosion in the trunk. The contact exited the vehicle and opened the trunk to discover that the battery exploded. There were no injuries and no property damage. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for inspection where they advised that they could not diagnose the cause of the failure. The dealer then replaced the battery. The contact stated the since the replacement of the battery, while driving at various speeds, the interior lighting would fail sporadically. The manufacturer was notified and provided no assistance. The failure mileage was 80,300..... updated 03/08/13 the consumer stated since the battery was replaced, he experienced other problems with the vehicle. While driving, the headlights and taillights would go out completely. All of the instrument panel warning lights would display intermittently and then go out. Updated 03/13/13

- Carson, CA, USA

Jan 122012

300 6-cyl

Ignition switch broke, undriveable, completely disabled, had to call wrecker for transportation. I bought this car with 6 miles on it. I have maintained it carefully. I bought a new vehicle for dependable transportation. I recently paid it off so I could be out of car debt. This is the 2nd time this car has left my family stranded. 6800 miles earlier the transmission shifter broke (ODI number) IS10419761.

- San Angelo, TX, USA

Jan 242012

Electronic throttle control and tire pressure monitor system lights stay on and then the car shuts down, can't brake, the car shakes, it stalls and it seems to happen (each time starting in November) while I am driving on 476. I am lucky each time to make it to pull over and then all the system fails. I am able to start it again and then the same thing happens. I have taken it to auto zone, 2 mechanics and no one is able to locate anything on their diagnostics. Highland motors (where we purchased the car) never told us that the car was recalled for any issues, never gave us any information on the car, we were just almost killed a few times and decided to look up information on the car and found well over 100,000 complaints online for it.

- Chester, PA, USA

Nov 142011

300 6-cyl

Rear parking/tail lights fuse blows every time the car is driven the night time if the lights are turned on. The fuse remains good if driving during the day time and the lights are not on.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Apr 032011

My 2007 turn signal, cruise, emergency lights, and side mirrors stop working. The dash lights up bas/.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Apr 032010

We had purchased a chrsyler 300 in Jan 20,2007 we got the car with only 42 miles on the car since 2007 the car had been in the shop of the dealership four times. In may of 2007 we took the car in cause the A/C was not cooling at all. The dealership told us that we needed a brand new A/C compressor so we said ok but when they fixed it we had to pay 650 dollars cause our warranty would not cover it so we said what about the factory warranty they said no also so that one was time. Second one was in 2008 shifter cable busted and the dealer ship told us that the cable got hot and it busted ok we didn't pay for that but we had to pay for the new shifter they installed cause they said that the shifter was broken I think they broke it cause it was find when we had it. Third one was in 2009 the cars computer went out and the dealership doesn't know why but that it had caught on fire so we just paid our deductible so I was ok with that. So I remember telling my wife lets see what goes wrong with the car in 2010. But this was the worst coming home from driving about 50 mph and the car shuts off and the brakes lock in place but lucky I was alone and not with my family. So I called a wrecker to give me a boost but they couldn't start the car so we took it back to the dealership comes to find out we have a blown motor and they said it was caused by not doing oil changes how an that be if we bring it here to get the oil changes so he didn't know what to say but im already 61000 miles and my warranty people old republic don't want to fix so we saw the motor and it was cracked in half so our family mechanic said that the metal shavings was due to the oil pump went bad so nobody wants to fix but it would cost about 8000 dollars for a new motor so people careful on what U buy.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Dec 152008

Battery located in trunk. Ground wire melted causing loss of electrical grounding leading to an electrical fire. Vehicle was a total loss. Fire began in front of vehicle even though battery actually located in trunk.

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA

Nov 302007

300 6-cyl

I am a ase master tech. In the state of calif. I have worked on Chrysler for 16 years. What burns me is this particular manufacturer uses a system called star to hide defects from becoming full recalls to avoid cost. I am complaining about all Dodge, Chrysler 300, magnum, charger 3.5L. The rear license plate harness retainer clip above the oversize 3.5L muffler comes loose and the two wire harness melts to the muffler and causes parklight/taillamp failure. The consumer will attempt in desperation to install fuses of a larger amp causing a major meltdown of the fusebox (wire domino of one wire in the fusebox melts to other sources. Well, I complained and was told to shut up by Chrysler!!! I've seen six to be exact. Chrysler likes to use there star program to hide defects that should be recalls!! you as a government office should examine this mickeymouse program. I, as a very qualified technician can't wait to someone burns to death in a horrible wiring fire. All that needs to be done is a better way besides a slide clip to retain the harness.

- Garden Grove, CA, USA