2007 Chrysler 300 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler 300:

2007 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

May 302016

My Chrysler 300 cuts off while I'm driving. It does this without warning. The first time I was driving down the street and came to a stop sign, I was unable to steer the wheel everything locked except for the brakes and gear. I push on the brakes and put it into gear I crank the cat up and was able to get it started again. It happened a few days later I was turning into the parking lot and it cut off in the middle of the street. I had to do the same thing. I had a mechanic look at it and have had things replaced on the car but still having the same issue. Just yesterday I was almost at the light and I lost power. I had to once again hurry and put it into parking and then restart the car. This issue scares me because I have a 7yr old daughter that is with me most of the time and this car doesn't have a set time when it does it. I have had the car for a little over a year. I am afraid that it may do this on the highway or cause an accident.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Feb 152016

When I was driving all electronics shut off but the car could still drive.. so I tryed to turn my four ways on didn't come on I pulled over still no lights working turned my car on lights turned on and my four ways also turned on when I started the car back up.

- Williamsport, PA, USA

Jan 012015

In motion, stationary, or at any time or place. City, highway, and turning those ABS controls come on and off. The entire dashboard lights begin to flicker on and off, lose power seems car is going to not perform. Has power then sometimes no power. ABS control module, , antilock brake system, powertrain control module, feels like transmission momentary no power while driving, seems to slip into neutral then to drive. Loss of vehicle control when this happens. These car actions seriously puts mein unsafe vehicle my mom, my grand kids in danger. And in danger. You never know while driving if these defects will happen or not. Had to fix gear shift, it locked in park due to pin slipping out. I want all and every single recall fixed for free. This has been going on for a long while. Still occuring.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Sep 142015

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the low beams headlights operated intermittently without warning. In addition, the contact stated that the instrument panel randomly failed causing various gauges to fluctuate. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact also received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) but was unable to determine when the dealer would be able to supply the part for months. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,000. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 04/06/16

- Morgantown, KY, USA

Nov 092015

All of the warning lights (instrument panel) come on while driving and the gauges fluctuates back and forth, headlights go out, the jerks but doesn't lose power. Warning lights and gauges flicker for 30-45 seconds before going out. This has happened several times but could not get it to repeat at the shop. It occurs at various speeds, at various times (mornings and night), from 25-40mph or at highway (interstate) speed. The last time of the occurrence was 11/09/2015 in the morning during rush hour traveling approximately 15mph.

- Gwynn Oak, MD, USA

Nov 142015

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the vehicle would not start. When the key was turned, all the instrument panel warning lights illuminated and the vehicle was unresponsive. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The dealer was notified. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 77,200.

- Indio, CA, USA

Sep 012015

2007 Chrysler 300. Consumer writes in regards to no replacement parts available for recall notice. When the part finally arrived, the consumer was informed the appointment, would be for February 2016.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Aug 232015

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. While exiting the vehicle, another vehicle with a similar make and model used the key fob to turn on/off the contact's security alarm. When the contact returned to the vehicle, the steering wheel seized and the key would not turn over to restart the vehicle. The gears were also able to shift without applying the brake pedal. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence due to the failure. The contact reset the code for the key and was able to lock and unlock the door, but the key would not turn over to start the vehicle. The fuses were replaced and blew more than twice. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 175,000.

- Spartanburg, SC, USA

Aug 072015

This was the first time I have ever used my cruise control since I have owned my car. I was traveling on a freeway; all of a sudden my car started to lose control. The engine was racing to a high RPM and accelerating. Two warning lights came on immediately, it was difficult to steer, and the cruise control would not disengage even when hitting the brake. While I tried regaining control of my car I tried turning the cruise control off. It would not turn off. I hit cancel on the steering column and it still wouldn't disengage. Finally, I kept braking and pulled off the side of the road. My car, while I had my foot on the brake, continued to rev up. I took my foot off the brake, but the cruise control was still engaged, even with the cruise control light now off, and the R.P.M's continued to be high, so I took the next exit. I put the car in park and turned off the engine for 15 minutes. The two warning lights are electronic stability control and electronic throttle control. The car is still having problems and the cruise control comes on after 40 mph on its own and the warning lights come on.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

Sep 052014

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. While driving at 15 mph, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was able to be restarted on the first attempt. The failure recurred several times. The dealer stated that the part was not available to repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 83,000.

- Chicago, IL, USA

May 162015

300 6-cyl

This is my second complaint on this vehicle and it's back to the dealership for another repair again. I took it into the dealership on 5/16/15 because the air condition would cool for a little while and stop. Then after about 20 mins later it would start cooling again. The diagnosed was they would have to replace both the power distribution center and front control module. My total parts cost was $889. My total cost with labor and out the door cost was $1440.81. My car stay in the shop until yesterday 5/26/15 for them to complete the repair. I drive it to the car wash and home. This morning 5/27/15 I drove it approximately 2 miles and it stopped acceleration. I had it towed back to the dealership. After the last problem I had, I started reading all the other consumers complaints about this car. I was amazed because other then my radiator and fan explosions I hadn't experience any other problems. I'm finding that, as I read complaints reported here they are slow happening to me. My father use to say to me before he passed away "stand for something or fall for everything". it has to be something we as consumer could do about this. Clearly there are multiple issues with these cars. I spent hours compiling a list of complaints you all reported and I plan to write letters to everyone that suppose to protect us from this and could make a different for us. This is not ok! I'm going to use social media as much as I can to get the word out to others consumers about the problems with these cars and setup a web site for everyone to use. This is not ok! consumers buy these vehicle trusting that the manufacturers and car dealer are selling them a product that will serve their needs well and a product that will last them a very long time not a product that will need rewiring is 8 years, are you kidding me! this is unacceptable! these cars are resold to other consumer also!

- Savannah, GA, USA

Apr 012015

2007 Chrysler 300. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle shuts down while driving. The dealer was unable to find a problem.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Mar 092015

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. While driving approximately 40 mph, there was a two second delay when the accelerator pedal was depressed and the vehicle would not accelerate past 60 mph. In addition, the check engine and the electrical throttle warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 164,241.

- Luzerne, MI, USA

Jan 232015

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. While driving 55 mph, the entire instrument panel illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 96,000.

- Mcdonough , GA, USA

Jun 012009

300 8-cyl

All electrical functions flashing...lost radio, headlights, airbag lights flashing, cooler blower stopped. This condition happened to my vehicle multiple times while driving and all different speeds. While driving at night automatic headlight sensor would turn headlights off while traveling. Condition started to happen daily so dealer changed the ignition switch and problem hasn't happened since.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Nov 142014

300 6-cyl

I switched my car off to pump gas. When I got into my car to turn in the car my key the motor wouldn't turn over. Its like my car just powered off. My key was very loose out in the ignition and it wasn't making click sounds like it normally did after you switch the key out of the lock position. My car had to be towed to the dealership and the dealership said my ignition housing was shattered. My car was working perfectly fine the entire day. Chrysler Dodge Jeep have been having recalls on the ignition switches. I think this problem should be investigated.

- Erwin, NC, USA

Oct 182014

300 6-cyl

Driving 60 miles per hour on a houston, Texas crowded and busy freeway. My Chrysler 300 caught on fire immediately followed by thick black smoke and a strong smell of burning of burning plastic. The car caused cars to come to a complete stop on a 5 lane freeway because of the thick smoke. My steering wheel locked so loss of steering, brakes became mushy. Right before the loud boom fire and smoke. The check engine displayed and then the other lights in the instrument panel and sound of a pop then boom of smoke all within approx 5 seconds. It happened really fast. I have no special equipment. No rewiring of stereo equipment or any other kind of rewiring. All factory parts.

- Missouri City, TX, USA

Aug 252014

My cars electric control throttle warning signal came on. My car was going around a curve on a sunny day and the ABS warning light came on and also the warning light for no traction and I have new tires. The ignition sometimes fault when I turn the key to start the car.

- Lavergne, TN, USA

Feb 022007

300 6-cyl

I bought this 2007 Chrysler 300 in 2008. It had approximately 86,000 miles on it. Before it reached 100,000 miles the problems had already started. First the ABS and traction control lights and another light located on the right side of my panel came on. My car was locking me out at any moment. First I thought it might have been my fault but it happened twice to me while my car was running and my keys in the ignition!! well, I thought to myself, " I know I didn't hit the lock button before I got out of my car, so when it happened the second time I went home and sit in my garage and I sat and watched. All of sudden my car started locking and unlocking all by itself and on the outside with my keys watching this thinking "I was right"!!!! well not only was the car acting crazy, it started acting up when I pull out of any road like it didn't want to go, and I was thinking to myself, "I am eventually going to get ran over because my car wont go!!!! during these incidents the ABS and the traction control lights would come on then go off and come back on again. I never knew what it was going to do. Certain times going down the road it would do the same thing and it was acting like the wheels was going to lock up!!! until this very day, 08-05-2014 it still has these problems. I wish I had never bought it and ill never buy another Chrysler or Dodge ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally made the call after 6 years of this crap and the lady I spoke to says, "there are no recalls on this particular car. Well Chrysler!!?? I wish you would buy this burden back and sell it for scrap!!! its been the biggest burden I have had ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there has been more problems with this vehicle but so much has happened that you need to drive it to find out for yourself!

- Hamilton, AL, USA

Aug 052013

300 6-cyl

Every time I either turn a corner or back out of my drive the ABS and traction control light lights come on and stay on. I was told that there is no safety issue, but I noticed that there was a recall on my make and year but I missed the recall by a month. And since this is so, did they fix the problem with the manufacturer? also, I will have to had to fix my interlock shift now for the second time in two years come this Thursday. I am worried about not being able to get my car out of park and move out of the way in an emergency. I am going to utilize social media to see if I can get more people to complain to you all and also to Chrysler to get this costly and possibly dangerous problem fixed.

- Grain Valley, MO, USA