2007 Chrysler 300 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler 300:

2007 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Sep 112015

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that while driving at 20 mph, the vehicle accelerated on its own to 60 mph. The contact engaged the brake pedal; however, the vehicle continued to accelerate. The vehicle was not diagnosed or reaired. The manufacturer was not notified O the failure. The failure mileage was 95,700.

- Huntingdon, PA, USA

Aug 072015

This was the first time I have ever used my cruise control since I have owned my car. I was traveling on a freeway; all of a sudden my car started to lose control. The engine was racing to a high RPM and accelerating. Two warning lights came on immediately, it was difficult to steer, and the cruise control would not disengage even when hitting the brake. While I tried regaining control of my car I tried turning the cruise control off. It would not turn off. I hit cancel on the steering column and it still wouldn't disengage. Finally, I kept braking and pulled off the side of the road. My car, while I had my foot on the brake, continued to rev up. I took my foot off the brake, but the cruise control was still engaged, even with the cruise control light now off, and the R.P.M's continued to be high, so I took the next exit. I put the car in park and turned off the engine for 15 minutes. The two warning lights are electronic stability control and electronic throttle control. The car is still having problems and the cruise control comes on after 40 mph on its own and the warning lights come on.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

Jun 222015

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. While traveling approximately 40 mph, the vehicle independently surged forward and decelerated without warning. The contact also indicated that the wheels locked up in the front and rear each time the failure occurred. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 06V341000 (power train). The contact turned off and restarted the vehicle to reset the computer, but the failure was getting progressively worse. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) and stated that the dealer and the manufacturer stated that the part was on back order and would not be available for months. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 118,000.

- Miami, FL, USA

Mar 092015

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. While driving approximately 40 mph, there was a two second delay when the accelerator pedal was depressed and the vehicle would not accelerate past 60 mph. In addition, the check engine and the electrical throttle warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 164,241.

- Luzerne, MI, USA

May 012013

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. While the vehicle was stopped and the brake pedal was depressed, the engine rpms erroneously increased and the vehicle experienced unintended acceleration. The dealer stated that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure persisted. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 51,000.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Feb 062012

Since Feb 2012, the electronic throttle control (etc) light comes on when the car is first started & idling. After the car warms up & is restarted, it seems to run ok. If I try to drive the car before it warms up, the etc & the anti-lock break lights come on. The engine loses power & control of the steering & brakes. After a couple occurrences, on 21 Feb 2012, I had the car towed to the dealer (tate Dodge Chrysler Jeep, Inc. In glen burnie, md). After being at the dealer for 2 wks & $180 in service fees, the problem was not resolved. Since 2012, the problem has continued to occur more often. Now it occurs every time I start the car.

- Odenton, MD, USA

Jun 152011

Started car pulled away from parking spot and car stalled. Also happen S after stopped at a light and making a turn and again car stalls while in traffic.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Mar 142014

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the electronic throttle warning light illuminated sporadically. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where unknown repairs were performed however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer, who then advised the contact that the electronic throttle body would need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacture was alerted about the recurring failure. The failure mileage was 32,796.

- Yulee, FL, USA

Jul 312010

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. While parked, the contact noticed that the check engine warning light was illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostics where the technician stated that the short runner valve performance would have to be serviced. The technician also stated that the throttle could possibly need replacing. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 06V341000 (power train:automatic transmission) but was advised by the manufacturer that the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 57,000.

- Newark, DE, USA

Dec 102009

I purchased a Chrysler 300 on 11/19/09. I had an accident on 12/10/09. I have learned since the accident, there was a recall on this model concerning the antilock brake system. Since we purchased used, I don't know if this was ever corrected on our vehicle. The ABS lights stays on and mechanics says it is not dangerous, just the cruise want work. We have carried this car back to dealership several times and spent over $2,000. On repairs and now they tell us it can't be fixed and we are afraid to drive the car even though they say it is O.K. to drive. Especially since I found there was a recall on this vehicle and I had a wreck. I ran into the back of a cotton wagon. I applied brakes but did not stop, just slide.

- Ashburn, GA, USA