2007 Chrysler 300 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler 300:

2007 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Sep 012016

My 2007 Chrysler 300 will not shift from park, I contacted my local dealer and was told this was a problem with some 300 but I needed to contact Chrysler customer service, I called Chrysler and was told my VIN is not listed in the K39 safety notification, they can't help me out. I had to have my car towed to a local mechanic and repair made. How can Chrysler fixs some failures and not other?

- Lake City, TN, USA

Jun 112016

The floor shifter has a broken piece there is an existing recall K39 but my vehicle isnt covered

- Little Egg Harbor, NJ, USA

Feb 272016

Car runs rough, hesitates and cuts of while at a stop and in park. Electronic throttle light is

- Houma, LA, USA

Dec 112015

I was driving my son to the bus station in the morning I came to a complete stop my car just turn off, then it did it again after when I pull in my drive way of my house it just turn off again it did it two times in the same day im so worrie about this problem with this car!!!

- El Monte, CA, USA

Jul 012014

Gear shift was change in 7/2014 N also I need to change the ignition key, has never work properly it sounds like the battery not sending the correct charge. I haven't change the air bags because I don't have enough to pay where can I go to correct the problem please provide information 661-547-0688 ernesto esqueda

- Palmdale, CA, USA

May 152012

I went to start my car and could not get the shifter out of park, had a mechanic friend of my that works for Ford replace a part in the shifter.....I have read this happens a lot on these vehicles

- Laguna Niguel, CA, USA

Oct 082015

I was driving about 55 miles per hr and my car engine, steering and braking shut down......however the lights, radio, air was still working. I pulled over to the side tried to start it 3 times, finally let it sit about 5 or 6 min and it started again and drove without any issues the rest of the way to work which was about 4 miles

- Laguna Niguel, CA, USA

Jul 062015

Shift park lock mechanism - cannot shift out of park. It appears that my "shift interlock latch" has malfunctioned (via online research). It also appears that this is an issue that Chrysler is aware of, but will not fix under a recall. Anyway, as it currently stands I'm trying to get an appointment with the dealer to fix. Thank goodness the car was at home when this occurred.

- Mclean, VA, USA

May 102015

Drove car all morning long, stopped at a family members house for a few hours. Came out to car to leave and car was stuck in park, checked to make sure all brake lights were working incase brake pedal sensor was bad(all lights came on) checks brake fluid (up to level) googled Chrysler 300 stuck in park and had an overflow of answers and videos showing me what was wrong and how to atleast get it out of park to get home/to a garage(Sunday noone was open). I saw this is a recall on the 300 models from 05-up to 08 I think. I called Chrysler recall center to be told that yes my car is in the right year frame but it is uncovered due to it is not a mopar part or because it was manufactured in Sep 2006. So I am a bit upset at this because the exact thing that is on a recall happened to my 2007 Chrysler 300 but is uncovered.

- Daytona Beach, FL, USA

Apr 152015

There seems to be a problem with the gear shifter because it will not move out of the park position.

- Morristown, NJ, USA

Aug 172014

300 8-cyl

The car will not shift out of park and go into any gear. Stuck in the park position.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Jun 252014

300 6-cyl

Car won't come out of park to drive. The lever inside is broke. Dealer says it's not just the lever it's the whole sifter transfer case.

- Lakewood, CA, USA

Jun 232014

300 6-cyl

Heard loud noise when nearing home. Was inside home park. Car seemed okay so continued couple blocks to driveway. Pulled into driveway and saw some smoke coming out of hood. Had my son look under hood to find cooling fans come apart. Visible damage to radiator. Called dealer and they towed car to their facility. Manager called this morning to verify damage, had extended warranty coverage but they would not fully cover cost from Chrysler repair department, difference of about $350. I feel that this a cost that Chrysler should absorb as I feel that it was defect of Chrysler components.

- Winter Garden, FL, USA

Nov 302012

Shift park lock mechanism - we are just get this problem and call Chrysler they refuse to fix the problem. They had recall K36 and K16. A lot of these problem online but people fix by them self. Some of the get pay a lot money to fix this issue. I think this is flaws that Chrysler should recall to fix all the car. Happen around from 50,000 miles. Hope official will get Chrysler send letter out to fix all. I won't buy Chrysler again.

- Orange, CA, USA

Nov 262012

Vehicle wouldn't come out of park. Went online and found out about the pink thingies. The override one did not work. Was able to press the other one in and got it into reverse and it was stuck there. Just happened to also manually press the shift cable into place (after 2 hours) and was able to get it into drive. According to the service station, they have this replacement part in stock because it breaks so often. And according to Chrysler our vehicle is not under the recall (only "some" are), and they would notate our dissatisfaction (they know and admit that this breaks often, but won't fix it on "all" effected vehicles). Thankfully it did this after we came back from the holiday weekend.

- Calabash, NC, USA

Aug 242010

I owned a 2007 Chrysler 300 the gear stuck in park for the second time. Spoke with other Chrysler owners this is a ever day problem. These vehicle should be on recall.

- Beaumont, TX, USA

Jun 022009

Check engine light on. 2007 Chrysler 300 touring with 45000 miles. P1004 code. Known problem from Chrysler. Tsb issued. Georgia emissions will not pass with engine light on. New cars (three years) exempt from emissions. Next year first time for testing and car will not pass until I pay Chrysler $2000 to fix problem. Great idea to bail them out. Buy american. Ha,

- Stockbridge, GA, USA