3.1

2007 Chrysler 300 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler 300:

2007 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Sep 122013

300 6-cyl

My steering went out in my 2007 Chrysler 300. I was traveling South on I-5 near exit 165A. I was in the fast lane going 65 mph at 2:45pm when I suddenly lost control of my vehicle and I could no longer steer the vehicle. I came to a stop but while doing so my right front wheel jack knifed and caused the steering wheel to shake violently. It was all I could do to just keep the vehicle going straight as I came to a stop.I had to leave my vehicle mostly in the fast lane since I could not steer it and there was no shoulder to pull over onto. I had to jump over on open spot that I could see 40 feet below me on I-5 to get to a quieter area to make my phone calls for emergency help. The vehicle was towed to the local Chrysler dealership. The service writer had no time so I did and found a broken heavy duty ball joint that connects to my front right wheel. It had sheered in the middle and caused my steering to go out and damaged my ABS braking and the brake shield plate along with scraping the inside of my right front wheel. I then called Chrysler corporate at there hotline and was asking about a recall or warranty help. I went to the parts counter and talked with them and they said this happens regularly and we keep a supply of ball joints on hand because of this. I purchased the ball joint for my vehicle. I asked how much to install the part and if there was a warranty on there work. He said for 12 months they would warranty the part if they installed it. They found more steering problems with the vehicle. They replaced the left ball joint since they saw it going out along with the left and right tie rods because they were loose along with ABS parts that were ruined. I was told that the local police drive Dodge chargers that have the same steering as a Chrysler 300 and they are replacing ball joints on those vehicles regularly along with the Chrysler 300.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Feb 172012

300 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. While driving approximately 30 mph, the vehicle began to vibrate and sway back and forth abnormally. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostics. The technician stated that the sway bar would have to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 51,000. Updated 05/11/12

- Bean Station, TN, USA

May 192011

300

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that while driving various speeds over road humps, a loud noise was heard in the front end of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where they were unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and they advised her that there were no recalls for the vehicle. The failure mileage was approximately 60,000.

- Flint, MI, USA

Jul 012011

300

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the front lateral strut arms needed replacing. In addition, the front driver side tie rod also needed replacing. The contact stated that the tie rod was replaced approximately one year prior to the most recent failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 56,000.

- Smithfield, RI, USA

Feb 102007

300 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300. The malfunctioned light came on the day after the vehicle was purchased. The light illuminated for one day, and the vehicle vibrated intermittently. The failure mileage was below 100. The dealer and manufacturer were unable to duplicate the failure. The current mileage was 13000. Updated 04/12/07.

- Compton, CA, USA