2008 Chrysler 300 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler 300:

2008 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

May 152016

Is turned on the light of the bag of air and is shut down the system of the air conditioning

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Mar 052016

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler 300. While driving at low speeds, an abnormal sound emitted from the front end of the vehicle. The vehicle was inspected by an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the front driver and passenger side upper ball joints were fractured. The front driver side ball joint was replaced; however, the front passenger side ball joint was not replaced. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 180,000.

- Louisville, KY, USA

May 152013

I have replaced everything on my front end trying to get rid of noises, like metal hitting metal and nothing has worked. I have replaced my shocks several times and the ride is still rough. I feel that the money I have spent should be reimbursed. The car's suspension has been horrible. I have spoke with the dealer and had him repair several parts and was told by the dealer, these cars have the same suspension problems. Once they get so many miles on them they all tend to make noises no one can find. At what point does the manufacturer or the government step in an take care of all these problems, there should have been a recall issued on them at this point.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 072014

300 6-cyl

2008 Chrysler 300. Consumer writes in regards to loss of engine power while driving and parts not available to complete recall. Also, the front strut arms needed to be replaced.

- Chamblee, GA, USA

Mar 062012

This car is a lemon! I see other people's issues and I cannot believe this car hasn't been totally recalled and overhauled! every month since I got it ( my first used car!).. it was at rental company for 1 1/2 years then I was the sucker that bought it! the tie rods go once a year and mechanics 'all talk who Chrysler made them bad I guess" then the Goodyear intregrity's hydroplane....the suspension sounds like beverly hillbillies...I was told that the noises I hear are not the shocks I had replaced but are now the actual front arm controls of my car that are rotting away...another thing is the engine "kicks in hard" when going into 2nd shift (automatic)..the horn is hard to press..the front tires rub, you can hear then when turning even though I am up to date on rotors and pads...let's see what else oh yes just paid $400 because the car started to overheat so when I was there getting that fixed I told them how my car has always had condensation on it in the winter..I can chisel off the ice particles on the inside! they said I needed a whole new housing of some sorts fixed so they did that..hum what else? oh now the engine light is on and the car is chugging and jerking like I'm in a farmer's tractor! it's 10/2013 and I have 2 more years to go to pay...I have no more $$$ thanks Chrysler..god bless America...2 more to pay on this..I should have stuck with Honda or go Toyota!

- Worcester, MA, USA

Jul 012012

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler 300C. The contact stated that the vehicle made a squeaking noise while driving. The contact took the vehicle to a local mechanic who inspected the vehicle and found that the front driver side ball joint was defective. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for further inspection but was not repaired. The failure mileage was 43,000 and the current mileage was 45,920.

- Warrenton , VA, USA

Mar 012012

At all speeds the front end would rattle, took to authorized dealer they replaced shocks, stabilizer etc. This did not fix the problem. I contacted the same dealer and they explained that they have had a lot of trouble with the 300 front ends and to bring it back and they will re evaluate the problem. I feel that the front clip is loose.

- Maryville, TN, USA

Nov 092011

300 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that after having repairs performed on the vehicle under a manufacturer's recall for the air bags, the air bag warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that after replacing the seats under the recall, the air bags were not installed back in the vehicle. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue who offered to cover the full cost of repairs. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 9,000 and the current mileage was 10,058. Updated 05/11/12 the consumer stated when he purchased the vehicle, it came with cloth seats. However, the seats were changed to leather. When the vehicle was taken in for pulling to right while driving, the service tech ripped the leather with the seat belt. The vehicle was taken to a repair shop. However, it was discovered the air bag were not in the leather pockets, and it looked as thought they had been cut out. Updated 06/08/12

- Pensacola, FL, USA