2011 Chrysler 300 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chrysler 300:

2011 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Nov 032015

I was starting my day at 4:00am I auto started my car like I do every day and leave to work. On this day I went to my car and it was off I thought this was odd but I got in my car and it start and I was on my way. I drive 3 miles to work I was at the hill to turn in to when the battery light came on and the car it felt like it was going to stall. At that time I turn to go up the hill and some other light started to flash not even 30 second later the car stopped in the middle of the road the light all went out and I was sitting in the dark I tried to turn on the hazard light but all power was out the car I sat in the middle of the road for over a hour and a half for a tow truck. When the tow truck got there he had trouble trying to get the car on the flat bed the rear tires of the car would not turn so he had to readjust the car several times to get it on the truck.

- Seaside, CA, USA

Feb 132015

The contact owns a 2011 Chrysler 300. While driving approximately 30 mph, the ABS and electronic stability control warning indicators illuminated. The radio also powered off. The vehicle was driven to the contact's residence, failed to restart, and was towed to the dealer. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer stated that they would approve the vehicle being repaired with a faulty alternator until the new parts became available. The approximate failure mileage was 32,500.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Nov 052014

300 6-cyl

On the afternoon of 11/5/2014 I was driving at a speed of approx. 45-50 mph when I noticed my 2011 Chrysler 300 making a whining sound. Shortly after that I smelled what seemed like burning plastic. I then noticed that my ABS and ESC lights appeared on the dashboard. A message stating "battery saving mode" appeared on the hud and everything began to shutdown. I had zero control over the steering and braking. What's so bad is that I had my 20 month old and my 10 year old kids in the vehicle at the time. I was unable to jump start the car and ended up having to get it towed to a Chrysler dealer.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Nov 012014

300 8-cyl

On Saturday 11-1-14 I started the car and noticed that it sounded as though there was a slight hesitation starting. No warnings were present even when I reviewed all the possible ones via the information center. I drove the car to 2 destinations and with each start I noticed the same hesitation with increasing time. Again no messages provided by the vehicle. On the 3rd destination the car would not start at all even with attempts to jump start the car. I then purchased a battery and drove to the auto zone nearby and their tester revealed a dead battery so low that a jump was not possible. I took the car to my dealer with the info about recall P60 dated 10-8-14 that my vehicle perfectly matched. The alternator was replaced then I had 4 episodes of full panel alarms displayed and loss of ability to steer. Auto has been returned to dealer.

- Mccalla, AL, USA

Nov 052013

300 6-cyl

I was driving about 35 mph, when a message pop up saying the car was operating on reserve battery power, ABS/ESC, lights came on followed by the brake lights, car then lost power, I was able to steer to a safe location. I bought a $200. Battery, the car is still dead, call the dealer, but have not took it down yet.

- San Antonio, TX, USA