2011 Chrysler 300 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chrysler 300:

2011 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

May 032016

Chrysler safety recall P60 failed twice (NHTSA recall #14V-634). Unfortunately today (less than 1 week after 2nd replacement) the alternator failed again leaving the vehicle acting erratically without power steering or power brakes or the ability the shift gears while driving kids to school. Thankfully it was on local streets and able to pull over safely. Sansone (Chrysler dealership) has now twice performed this Chrysler 300 safety recall P60 (electrical/alternator) repair without success. We have opened a new case with Chrysler asking to have it performed at a trusted repair shop in metuchen and receive reimbursement. They have sent us the authorization. If Chrysler dealerships cannot properly diagnose/repair/replace the safety recall problem/parts installed twice (last one last week) that failed again today, at no cost and without delay, dealer should send a vehicle to pickup the car (it cannot be driven more than a few feet before everything shuts down) and we should be permitted to proceed with a reimbursement option at a trusted repair shop. Apologize if it seems rash, but very upset of the potentially dangerous situation if it had failed on the highway at high speeds.

- Metuchen, NJ, USA

Jul 132015

The contact owns a 2011 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the ABS warning light remained illuminated after a manufacturer recall, which did not remedy the failure. The alternator assembly was replaced by the dealer for a manufacturer recall and, months later, the ABS warning light flashed randomly and remained illuminated. Upon making a turn, the ABS brake light flashed. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer for further inspection and diagnostic testing. The contact was not experiencing any failures until the two recall repairs were received from the dealer. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- College Park, GA, USA

Nov 032015

The contact owns a 2011 Chrysler 300. While driving approximately 20 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning and the steering and braking ability seized. The vehicle was unable to be restarted. The vehicle was towed to the dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact also stated that the ABS, traction control, and battery saver indicators illuminated a day prior to the incident. The approximate failure mileage was 39,600. Updated 02/02/16

- Omaha, NE, USA

Dec 172014

300 6-cyl

On my way home from work today, I was driving about 40 mph when I got a battery saver mode message. I had been getting the message a few days now and didn't know what to think of it. A little further into the commute, I started smelling a burning smell. All of a sudden, all of the vehicles systems start to shut down and the car just dies (while I'm driving it)! luckily I was able to pull off into an empty parking lot using the momentum of the car, but I wasn't even able to use my hazard lights. It had completely died. Scary to say the least.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Oct 012014

The contact owns a 2011 Chrysler 300. While attempting to stop the vehicle, there was an abnormal noise coming from the passenger side brakes. The contact also stated that the ABS and traction control warning lights illuminated. Additionally, when depressing the off/on button, the engine hesitated to shut off. The button had to be depressed multiple times on some occasions in order for the engine to shut off. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 9,000.

- Pear Land, TX, USA

Nov 052014

300 6-cyl

On the afternoon of 11/5/2014 I was driving at a speed of approx. 45-50 mph when I noticed my 2011 Chrysler 300 making a whining sound. Shortly after that I smelled what seemed like burning plastic. I then noticed that my ABS and ESC lights appeared on the dashboard. A message stating "battery saving mode" appeared on the hud and everything began to shutdown. I had zero control over the steering and braking. What's so bad is that I had my 20 month old and my 10 year old kids in the vehicle at the time. I was unable to jump start the car and ended up having to get it towed to a Chrysler dealer.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Oct 242014

On morning of 10/24/14 when vehicle was started a message came on stating "battery saving mode" looked at manual there was no instructions as to what that meant. Then the vehicle was driven, while driving the RPM indicator would move up on its own and then the brake light, traction and ABS warning light came on and stayed on. After the warning came on the car despite pressing on gas pedal would not accelerate then a rattling noise came on so I quickly proceeded to attempt to exit the interstate freeway. As I tried to do that the steering started locking up, I had to push very hard on the brake to slow the car down and stop it. The vehicle completely shut off, unable to turn on or operate anything. The vehicle could not be jump started. When the vehicle was towed to the Chrysler dealership they were unable to charge up the battery and now they believe an alternator failure may be the reason for the engine to stall.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Sep 152014

300 6-cyl

Driving 40 mph when battery light illuminated and a burning smell coming from car, I immediately opened the door and began to veer off the road. All the lights illuminated on the dash, the radio shut off, gauges stopped working, power steering stopped, brakes were not functioning, wipers came on and car came to a complete stall and began to vibrate. All doors locked and windows were not functioning. The car was completely dead and I almost got trapped in it. Took it to the dealer and they said it was a bad alternator which ruined my battery. Was charged nearly $1,000.

- Hauula, HI, USA

Nov 052013

300 6-cyl

I was driving about 35 mph, when a message pop up saying the car was operating on reserve battery power, ABS/ESC, lights came on followed by the brake lights, car then lost power, I was able to steer to a safe location. I bought a $200. Battery, the car is still dead, call the dealer, but have not took it down yet.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jul 292013

Was in a trip in san antonio, tx towards six flags their is hills well coming down one to stop at the light the car dint want to make a complete stop and the was a very ugly noise coming from the brakes and no it was not the anti-brakes because that sounds different. Took in to nearest dealer to take a look at it and the car stayed over night and was checked twice by a technician and they couldn't duplicate the problem. They did state that they could hear something but couldn't find out what it was. 3 1/2 weeks later I brought the vehicle to service in the dealer were I bought the car new and they tell me that it is the rotors that need to be rectified but are not sure if that is it or not. They also hear squeaking on and off at different points but dont know what to do.

- Mission, TX, USA