2.9

2012 Chrysler 300 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chrysler 300:

2012 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 132014

300

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the vehicle would not shift gears intermittently. The contact mentioned that the service engine, the ESC sensor and the ABS sensor warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was not inspected or diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact was not included in recall NHTSA campaign number: 12V197000 (electrical system, service brakes, air). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 43,000.

- Pine Bluff , AR, USA

Oct 052014

300

Was driving along doing about 45mph when my (ABS) light came on and then 10 seconds later my battery light then 5 seconds later all electrial components failed. (lights, power stearing) the car went dead and I was coasting down from 45mph at night totally blacked out with my child in the car. I was nearly hit by another car trying to stear the car to the shoulder. It drained the battery down to nothing and I smelled something burning with minor smoke under hood. No actual fire that I could see. Had to replace battery at 179 dollars and with estimate from dealer around 800.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Oct 092014

300

Faulty alternator, alternator fails and cars engine powers off while driving, first "battery saver mode" indicater comes on on message board then goes off and dealer cannot find the problem, it comes back on few days later and goes off. Dealer will not know problem. After message is displayed car is running on battery power only and eventually kills battery and alternator. "battery saver mode" message goes off when car is powered off when first appears. This a common problem and very costly. Very dangerous if vehicle is traveling on highway.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Sep 282014

300

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 300. While turning the vehicle at approximately 35 mph, the engine stalled and the power steering indicator illuminated. The contact was unable to restart the engine. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 39,000.

- Canyon , CA, USA

Aug 142014

300 6-cyl

On August 14th 2014 I was driving my Chrysler 300S through town at 31mph when my traction and antilock brake lights came on my dashboard. My "battery save mode" info also illuminated on the dashboard. I then heard a whining sound coming from outside the car from under the hood. We immediately pull over into a gas station and opened the hood and the alternator was on fire melting and burning. We immediately shut the car off and the car is completely broke down. Nothing works on the car now. We had the car towed home. I have 42300 miles on the car only 6000 out of warranty and this car is catching fire. If I would not have pulled over right away I hate to think about how my children and I could have been seriously injured or even death.

- Alvin, TX, USA

May 042014

300

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, the power steering warning indicator illuminated, the steering wheel seized, and there was a slight reduction in the engine power. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 3,200.

- Claymont, DE, USA

Jan 312014

300 8-cyl

Driving on highway with the cruise set at 75 miles per hour when all of my dash lights came on and I had no gas power. I didn't hear any noises or notice anything suspicious. When I pulled over to the side of the road the car stops and wouldn't start, I was 50 miles from home and had it towed, the dealership tech said the engine ran out of oil, it was fine the day before...later they say timing chain was broke, now they issued a timing chain recall for my model year and the Chrysler has offered to pay half the $7000 to $8000 bill, this should be covered completely including my 2 week car rental.

- Tallmadge, OH, USA

May 202013

300

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, the check engine warning indicator remained illuminated with a slight reduction in the engine power. The vehicle was taken to authorized dealer, who was unable to duplicate the failure. An unknown repair was performed and the warning indicator no longer illuminated. On a separate occasion the air conditioner, radio and rear view backup camera display monitor failed to function. In addition, a squeaking noise was heard from the front of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer for a second time where the battery cable was disengaged and then reconnected. After the repair was performed a ticking noise was heard from the engine. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 16,000.

- Lees Summit, MO, USA

May 222012

300

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph the vehicle started vibrating and suddenly decreased speed. The vehicle failed to accelerate when the accelerator pedal was depressed and the check engine light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who decided to a reconfigured the bcp sensor and other wires. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offered any assistance. The failure mileage was 4,600.

- Kansas City , MO, USA