2014 Chrysler 300 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler 300:

2014 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Oct 122015

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler 300. Upon coming to a complete stop with the brake pedal depressed, the vehicle surged forward several times without warning. The contact had to apply force to the brake pedal and, in some instances, both feet were applied to the brake pedal to prevent the failure. The vehicle was taken to the dealer more than once and they were not able to replicate and diagnose the failure. The vehicle was parked at the contact's residence due to the fact that the failure could recur without warning. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Woodsboro, TX, USA

Apr 082015

300 6-cyl

I was coming out of a parking lot, got in the median try to get over into the next lane, car pulled off start to jerk as if I was pressing the brakes and the gas..seem like the car wanted to go but didnt wanna go..causing me ro all most getting hit from behind..I pulled over turn off my car.restarts the car as I being to pull of the car gain fast speed then back to normal..I only had the car two week only drive it two days before I had to take it back because of the brakes.its a brand new car got it with 22 miles on it.when I purchase the car I found a letter that is under recall do not sell.I ask 2 managers and they told me nothing was wrong and the car was never on recall..what do I do now?also when I purchase the car I smelled a burning smell.I ask the sales men what it was I was told that the smell of a new car..was told it was some spray that the factory sprayed on now it burning off is that true.

- North Charleston, SC, USA

Jan 282015

300 6-cyl

Vehicle was in cruise control mode set at 70mph. Vehicle in front of mine was going slower my vehicle slowed down automatically as it is designed to do. I proceeded to left lane to pass the other vehicle (truck) as I began passing my vehicle accelerated to a speed of over 85mph without my touching either the gas pedal or the res button of the cruise feature. I then had to cancel the cruise control feature and brake the car to slow down. It was terrifying. This happened more then once during my trip. I had the vehicle into Chrysler before because the computer turned the heated seat feature and heated steering wheel feature on without my touching the buttons. The car was reprogrammed to correct this problem and I am wondering if the reprogramming affected the cruise control feature.

- Lakewood, NJ, USA