2014 Chrysler 300 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler 300:

2014 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Apr 262016

Vehicle fuel pump failed at 17,000 miles due, apparently, to ethanol content in gasoline. Chrysler marketed this model during the 2014 year as a flex-fuel vehicle (FFV). Evidently this particular vehicle (as well as many others) are not actually intended to be flex-fuel despite Chrysler's prior announcements and there is no warning whatsoever that these vehicles may not be operated on a mixture of gas-ethanol. This issue could cause serious injury or loss of life if the fuel pump were to fail during operation on the road.

- Bloomfield Hills, MI, USA

May 122015

A few different times I've been driving along typically as the automatic car shifts foo a higher speed the car sounds like it is accelerating and is stuck at 3000 rpms. I'm concerned because even when I touch the gas pedal it doesn't seem to change the acceleration.

- Boonville, MO, USA

Jan 172015

300 6-cyl

Brand new 2014 Chrysler 300 S purchased 12/5/2014. 595 miles on odo today, 1/17/2015. Driving home today I noticed a split second surge, like the brakes grabbed, like the car lurched. Shortly after I noticed the check engine light was illuminated. Pulled over and shut/started the engine. Check engine still there. Started out from the curb, and the engine revved to approx. 3000 but the car barely moved, the transmission lagged relative to engine speed. [I.e.not engaging or slipping]. gradually it picked up speed. Stopped again same thing. Tried to shift to sport mode with out sport mode, so paddle shifters also failed. I could shift to P, R, N, D. not sport mode. A short while after I was home, I started the car, check engine still lit. While still parked now I could shift to sport mode. Drove a short distance in drive, but eco not showing in infomat display. Sport mode/paddle shifters now were working but would not shift to 8th gear. Prior to this event, and hours before it took place.....I paired my cell phone and it automatically loaded all my contacts. I used both contacts and voice recognition to make calls no problems. So it was working great earlier in the day. When the transmission problem took place [explained above] I tried to make a call, and the screen showed "no phone connected".. everything including contacts evaporated like I never paired the cell. I would think both problems are connected.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA