2005 Chrysler 300C lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler 300C:

2005 Chrysler 300C Owner Comments

Sep 302013

Driving down the road it dies in traffic and the steering wheel gets stiff and doesnt let U turn it shut it off it starts right back up nothings wrong with it this is a serious deal driving in traffic also lights dim changed battery it helps but eventually goes back to doing and as your driving down road the car acts like it doesnt wanna go then it accelerates on its own I just want my car fixed I love this car everywere ive searched and taken to they say its the tpim

- Sapulpa, OK, USA

Mar 022015

While driving, (and while stationary/engine on) the head light turn completely off...then the lights flicker off and on: The interior panel also flickers off and on when the head lights turn off and flicker. This problem first started March 2015 sporadically (3X a week) now it happens every time car is on..

- Dolton, IL, USA

May 272012

300C 8-cyl

I rear ended a car.the headlight was replaced and now my head lights blink while I am driving at night. Progressive insurance or the mechanic will not take 2005 chrysler300 C also shuts off while I am local dealer delray motors. Where do I turn? or Chrysler will not fix windows wont go down my air bag light flashes on and off.please tell me what to do.I also emailed the national hwy safety company, but still no response.

- Delray Beach, FL, USA

Jan 122011

Driving at night on a rural divided highway at approx 65mph all external lights go out. All dash, navigation, and warning lights turn on full brightness. Could not see outside. Had to come to an immediate stop. Restarted vehicle and lights operated normally. Has happened several times since. Seems to happen often more when cold outside.

- Wymore, NE, USA

May 152006

Lighting problems.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Dec 202006

300C 8-cyl

I was driving to work and the lights turn off and turn back on. This has occur on many times. I return the vehicle to the dealer and they suppose to had the ECU. That work for a couple of months. I return to the dealer on several times and they has continues to tell me they can't find no problem. Now I am having problems with my nav system and the radio lightning.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Nov 052012

300C 8-cyl

I own a Chrysler 2005 300C. The had no fuel problems until the odometer reached approx. 50K miles. It then started to stall immediately after filling the gas tank. I would have issues with the engine stalling while in park or driving under 60 mph. I has stalled while driving in traffic which created serious safety issues unless I got it restarted quickly. I would have to immediately put the car in neutral and restart. It appears that the problem goes away after driving for a day or so. I have asked the Chrysler dealership if there were any tsb's on the problem ans have been told no. Owners on the Chrysler's owner forum with my type of car are complaining of the same issue and say that there is an issues with the gas tanks that Chrysler does not want to address.

- Granger, IN, USA

Feb 092014

300C 8-cyl

I purchased my Chrysler 300C on 1/8/2014. I left the dealership with an almost full tank of gas and experienced no problems until the next fill up. Right after filling up my gas tank, and making sure not to top it off as the manual suggests, I suddenly experienced the car jerking, almost like a down shift feeling, and then it stalled. I was just leaving the gas station. I drove another mile and then made a turn into my subdivision and it did it again. I immediately called the dealership and took it in to have them check it out. They supposedly hooked it up to the computer and said that nothing was detected. They asked if any lights came on and I told them only the oil light. They test drove it and said there was nothing wrong. The next couple of times I filled up I used a prepaid gas card which didn't totally fill up my tank so I didn't experience any problems. Today I filled my tank, this time my husband was in the car and as soon as we left the gas station the car started jerking, like a sudden downshift....finally, I had a witness! we drove about 5 miles to a car wash, and upon approaching the entrance it stalled again! I started the car again to enter the wash and once it was in neutral it stalled again. I am very nervous and scared to drive my car!!! why isn't there a recall to fix this problem?

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Jul 162012

300C 8-cyl

The drivers side rear tire kept losing air, so I brought it back several times. They kept saying it was fixed, it lasted about 6 weeks and started losing air again, after weeks of putting air in it I brought it to another shop to have it looked at. Come to find out the aluminum wheel had a crack in it and had what looked like J B weld on it. I had to buy a new wheel for the cost of $355. I took the cracked wheel back to the dealer and he said, how do I know you didn't do that, that's when I lost it. They put my family and I in a car with a cracked wheel and they knew it. He said what was your warranty I said 30 days and told me to get off his lot. I asked him to just make it right. The passenger side headlight is all fogged up they will not replace it, it does not shine as bright as the other one at night. It seems to me like they put a sticker on that car knowing it had defects with it and they don't care. I think they need that right to give out stickers revoked. I told him I was going to call my lawyer he said go a head call any body you want. So I did starting with ate ag office I am dealing with masspirg ref #131117. At this point I would like the headlight fixed the money for the rim and soothing for my time and aggravation like maybe the cost of the car or they can take it back and reimburse all monies invested by me.

- South Easton, MA, USA

Sep 072011

300C 4-cyl

I am an auto tech at dealership in ks. After 3 repeated incidents, I decided to take action. On either side of the front bumper the fog lights get hot and eventually detach from the lens. The 2nd and 3rd time I have noticed scorching on the vehicle's front bumper where the bulbs started to melt the material. The 4th vehicle caught fire to the bumper and it spread to the engine. This could have been worse without anybody attending the vehicle and more in a house garage. It did not take very long to melt and ignite.

- Olathe , KS, USA