2006 Chrysler 300C steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler 300C:

2006 Chrysler 300C Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 202016

Car randomly stalls, at any speed, dash lights flash on and off, wipers turn on by them self, horn sounds by itself. Had it at the dealership for 2 months, had at sometimes 40+ codes come up on the computer. Changed multiply modules they cant figure it out

- Castleton, VT, USA

May 272015

The car cut off 3 times in one day for no apparent reason; once while pulling out into oncoming traffic, then after fueling the car and pulling out of the gas station into oncoming traffic, then while driving down the street at about 35 mph. Fortunately, I safely guided the car to the side of the road to avoid a collision. The dealership replaced 2 sensors (code:P0038)- $501.98. One week later, the car continued to cut off while driving. The dealership codes that came up: P0038, P0058, P0052, P0032, pmc & engine harness, & pmc engine computer - $2000 - declined repairs because sensors (P0038) were just replaced. Chrysler service bulletin 08-34-05 June 30, 2015 addresses this issue. Chrysler Corp -michael browsowski says the car (now 56,484 miles) is out of warranty so they owe us nothing, but as a good will gesture, they will pay for 2 parts only - not labor. He admitted that a car cutting off is unacceptable, but refused to cover the entire cost of repair. He also refused to reply to my written complaint in writing. Chrysler continues to shirk their responsibility to recall and repair this manufacturer's defect. Customer with same complaint:

- Bronx, NY, USA

Jun 282015

The steering rack has completely cracked on my car. It is cracked all the way around. I had just finished an 800 mile trip and it is likely it cracked some time during the trip. There was no clunk or noticeable noise; I found the crack while changing my oil after the trip. I am concerned as this could have deadly consequences.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Jun 012013

Hello, I am a current Chrysler vehicle owner and I've been having issues where my 2006 Chrysler 300C srt8 which just shuts off without any warnings or trouble codes reported to the car's computer. There are times when I'm driving on a busy highway and the car will just stall out. Each time I take my car to the auto mechanics, they aren't able to identify anything wrong as there aren't any codes detected. My vehicle even stalled while at the mechanics shop and they still weren't able to assist as no codes were triggered. Over the past 2 years, I've spent thousands of dollars and countless hours, stuck on major highs as well as replacing car components in a big effort of trying to resolve this concern. To date, I am still experiencing these anxieties. I've been out on relative web sites looking this problem up and it appears this has been happening to thousands of Chrysler srt/srt8 owners and they are dealing with same concerns that I am. I'm including a url link to one of the blog of 10+ pages of complaints from owners who are lost, confused and don't know what to do. one of the major reasons why I am asking for some assistance is both awareness to the general public, as there could be serious accidents as a result. Another reason is a proactive effort at hoping to get assistance to get feedback from Chrysler to help resolve these concerns.

- Sewell, NJ, USA

May 152015

This is the fourth time for this incident my car gave no indication it was about to stall no lights on dash appeared that something switch the ignition to the accessory position. Unable to steer, or use the breaks the car stop immediately can not get to a safe place..has been to the Chrysler dealer four time this year for other related problems. But Chrysler was not able to diagnosis or repair this problem. Was told it would not read a was internal problem. For 21days they kept my car without repair..second visit was 9-10 days with approximately five day with the owner my latest stay was 4days. My car drove approxmate; 50 miles before stalling again. For the first time I use another repair shop other than Chrysler. The worker seem well pleased when I stated I would not return with the same problem. I spoke with the manger and could not get the problem solved.

- Gulfport, MS, USA

Sep 152014

300C 8-cyl

Vehicle stalls in the middle of the road for no apparent reason. Vehicle stalled initially while driving 45 mph and I lost power steering and had to pull over to the side of the road to restart it. Dealer had vehicle for over 6 months and could not solve the stalling issue. Vehicle currently stalls while sitting at lights etc. Has not stalled lately while driving dealer finally released vehicle to me and basically said there was nothing more they could do as it was a manufacture issue.

- Cary, NC, USA

Jan 212015

300C 8-cyl

This has happened at least 3 times in the last 2 years. I would fill up with fuel and after leaving the gas station the vehicle would stall causing me to lose power steering and brakes and having to stop in the middle of traffic. I received a alert from Chrysler last year but have misplaced the letter. It stated that if I experienced this problem that I should take it to a dealer and they would replace the gas tank.

- Glassboro, NJ, USA

Jan 032015

300C 8-cyl

I'm having the same problem with the car stalling when I fill up the gas tank all the way. It has happened numerous times and is very dangerous. I pulled out in traffic and it stalled, blocking traffic. It took several times to start again. Very dangerous. I could die. I took it to my local dealership in scottsbluff, ne and they don't see an extended lifetime warranty on the gas tank, like there is supposed to be, like it mentions on the NHTSA website.

- Gering, NE, USA

Nov 012011

300C 4WD 8-cyl

After refueling engine stalled. Hard restart in busy traffic. Problem continues today.

- Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Sep 152014

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300C. While driving 35 mph, the vehicle suddenly lost power and stalled. The steering wheel seized and the brakes became very difficult to operate. After ten minutes, the contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who was unable to diagnose the cause of the failure. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 109,000.

- Asbury Park, NJ, USA

Aug 302014

300C 8-cyl

I was driving down the street when the vehicle just stalled on me. Power steering went out as well ws pretty hard to get to the side of the road. Than I took it to the mechanic to get it checked out and it stalled again while trying to park the vehicle.

- Copperas Cove, TX, USA

Mar 292014

Since last March my Chrysler 300C srt8 2006 is turning off the engine while in movement. I noticed the problem always happen when the fuel tank is full or around 3/4. it's a very serious problem because I almost crashed the car many times considering that when the engine turns off the steering gets heavy and the brakes doesn't work properly. Now I'm not confident to put my family in the car because I am afraid to have a collision and hurt myself and my family. I made a research at the internet and I realized that a lot of 300C owners have the same problem that it's called as engine stall. Now I want Chrysler to help me to solve this matter considering it already happened several times and it's very dangerous to drive the car with this defective.

- Windermere, FL, USA

Jun 302014

Walked out of the house to go to work. Car started fine but could not get it out of park. Got online found out their was a recall and this is a common problem. Called the dealership and they said my car is not under the recall. Now the dealership wants to charge me 350 to replace the shifter but its only a small part. If this is common why are all the cars on this recall?

- Ringgold, GA, USA

Jan 222014

300C 8-cyl

Started to stall on a trip to la. In Jan. 2014, stalls after every refill.usually stalled turning on to entry ramp or on entry ramp of power steering or power brakes.throw into neutral restart, power steering then kicks in throwing me all over the entrance ramp. Stalls after every refill, I bought this car for trips thats why the mileage is so low, now I'm afraid to drive it for the purpose I bought it. I'm a Chrysler retiree! totally unsafe for my purposes.

- Walbridge, OH, USA

Feb 072013

300C 8-cyl

Filled up the car and upon pulling onto the highway the car stalls and shuts off.very dangerous situation for my family as well as others.I am surprised thus far, very thankful, no fatalities have been reported.

- Riverside , CA, USA

Jan 012014

300C 8-cyl

Car stalls when idle, car stalls when at low speed, car stalls when starting to drive (at low speeds), all power/electric cuts out intermittently while in motion.

- Riverview, FL, USA

Oct 162013

300C 8-cyl

Right after gassing up, my car stalled at a red light. Restart, stall again while rolling (losing power steering and power brakes.) restart and drive with heavy throttle to next red light, where car stalled again. Restart, go, then another stall when car behind me honks. Dangerous stalling in intersection. Problem remained until gas tank went down about 2 gallons from full. Problem continues to date, I cannot fill the gas tank.

- Encinitas, CA, USA

Feb 232014

300C 8-cyl

I have had this car for 7 years, never had an issue. On February 23,2014 I went to shell and filled up the car with $49. I do not remember if I ever filled the car up before. I'm sure I have but I usually put 20/30 bucks in. But I just found out about stop N shop gas savings and received a discount. I tried to put 50 in but it only took $49. I got back in the car and I tried to pull away from the pump and it shut down. I thought maybe it was a fluke since I was basically at a roll. I drove 2 blocks and at the traffic light it died. I proceeded to make a U-turn to return home. The car died 3 times in a 5 block span. I took the car to my cousin who had a computer, no codes came up but the car shut down twice. I parked the car and took out a different car. My cousin thought it was bad gas or a bad oil change which I had done on Feb 22, 2014 I just returned home and googled, "Chrysler 300C stalling" and found the article that this has been occurring, and here I am. I guess I will contact Chrysler in the morning.

- Astoria , NY, USA

Nov 042013

After refueling the vehicle it stalls. The vehicle looses steering power. This has happened numerous times. I have tried to not let the fuel get to low and have tried filling the tank at different levels with no luck.

- White Plains, MD, USA

Nov 182012

300C 8-cyl

I was turning right at a stop light, immediately following a gas tank fill, when the engine stalled and power steering and brakes failed. The engine continued to stall during deceleration or when stopped for the next 30 miles.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA