2007 Chrysler 300C engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler 300C:

2007 Chrysler 300C Owner Comments

May 302016

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300C. While driving 45 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was diagnosed by an independent mechanic. The contact stated that the valve seat in the engine head fractured. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 172,000. The VIN was not available.

- Marysville, PA, USA

Jul 072016

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300C. While driving 15 mph, an abnormal noise emitted from the front of the vehicle. Upon inspecting the vehicle, the radiator fan blade fractured and caused the fan blade to damage the radiator. The contact stated that antifreeze was pouring from the radiator. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic and repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 52,000.

- New Bedford, MA, USA

Apr 072016

My car's 96,000 mile engine suddenly blew a #6 cylinder soon after I drove from work. I have an excellent service history. Never had any warning or issues. Now I'm told to pay 6500 for another engine with more miles. My research shows this an ongoing issue with Chrysler hemi engines. My next step is to contact my congressman and senator. Why has Chrysler been held accountable?

- South Bend, IN, USA

Dec 052015

12/5/2015 went to the market, 2 miles from home. Went into the store for approx. 15 minutes. When I returned to car to start is wouldn't start, not a battery problem. Couldn't move car so had it towed to dealership, mcpeeks Dodge of anaheim. Service writer told us that the noise in the engine was two valve seats dropped into the engine causing cylinder head and bore damage. We have always had our car service by dealer when we needed oil change, tune up or whatever was necessary for car. We keep car in garage and drive at posted speed and always keep our vehicle in new condition. My husband and I are in our seventies so we aren't reckless with our vehicles. There were no warning signs of any engine trouble and the service writer couldn't believe what had happened with only 44,612 miles on a 2007 vehicle which we bought new in 2007. We had to pay $8749.65 for a new engine which is only guaranteed for 3 yrs or 70,000 miles. We only drive about 5,000 miles a year. So this means if this problem should happen again I would have only put 15,000 miles on my car in three years. This is totally wrong. After reviewing associated problems on the internet I find that Chrysler has engine problems with 2006, 2007 vehicles...engine goes out at around 70,000 miles, ours at 44,612. We paid $42,000 for the car new in 2007. Chrysler should pay for our problem since they knew there were problems with 300, 300C engines. We are out the towing to the dealership and the repair using a small savings we have as a retired couple. A seven year old car with 44,000 miles should have a engine last longer. As noted the car was stopped and parked at a supermarket for no more than 15 minutes and did not demonstrate any engine problems prior to this problem drove beautifully. We have the bill, which has been paid by us. I'm not sure how to download, but I could fax if contacted.

- Garden Grove, CA, USA

Nov 112015

Engine stalls very often even while driving on the hwy. No mechanic neither the dealer has been able to fix it.

- Lantana, FL, USA

Nov 022015

While driving the vehicle, making a right-hand turn the vehicle stopped running, with no warnings on the dashboard. It just shut off. While attempting to pull out of the garage one morning the vehicle lost steering to the right side of the car. The car was taken to a reputable mechanic who kept it for two days and could not find anything wrong with the it. The vehicle has had numerous times when it de-accelerates while turning to the right. On a couple of occasions the car actually stopped. Each time the vehicle has been checked out I have been told that no problem registers and cannot be diagnosed unless they mechanic can get it to duplicate. Now, the car will not turn over. It drove fine, I got home parked it in the garage and was getting ready to leave again, got into the vehicle to start it up and it will not start. No messages on the dashboard. The lights turn on yet it will not turn over. At least this time when everything went haywire I was safely home and not on the street, or highway driving as I have been in the past. This has happened on numerous occasions.

- Roswell, GA, USA

Oct 212015

Cooling fan broke and fractured the radiator. Found the attached customer service notification L08 which describes what happened to my vehicle. When I called the manufacturer they said my vehicle does not fall under it.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Aug 172015

Drove my car to work in the morning with no problems. After work I started the car and could not shift the gear out of park. I tried several times, turning the car off and on etc. But it would not move. Called the repair shop. They came and removed the shifter assembly to get it to the shop and said they had to replace the entire shift assembly because a small plastic piece was broken inside and they couldn't just replace the piece, it had to be the entire assembly for the cost of $300. No warnings or other issues. After looking the problem up on the internet, seems to be a very common problem with this car make and model. I have also had trouble with this car several times just shutting down or almost shutting off (jerks like you are hit and seems like it is shutting down but then returns to normal) while sitting at a light or a stop sign. Usually it will start back up quickly but it is very dangerous in traffic and I have almost been rear ended 2 times because of it. I took it to the dealership 2 different times complaining about this issue, but they said they couldn't find anything wrong and that the computer system didn't show any problems.

- Paulding, OH, USA

Jun 152011

Engine stalls while vehicle is traveling. At the same time this occurs, the dash lights and gauges will go haywire, flickering, flashing and the gauges swing wildly. The headlights may also go off if they are on.

- Carmichael, CA, USA

Jun 192013

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300C. After the vehicle was taken to a dealer for routine maintenance, it began emitting smoke. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the engine failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the vehicle was not included in the manufacturer recall related to the failure. The failure mileage was 93,000. The VIN and NHTSA campaign number were not available.

- Federal Way , WA, USA

Jan 112015

300C 8-cyl

On multiple occasions (more notably in moist weather, I.e. rain, morning dew, and humidity) my vehicle has stalled out causing me to have to pull off or veer on to the shoulder of the road. The vehicle does not show any error codes, nor does it have any stored codes from the occasions that this particular issue has come up. The dealerships in my area claim that they have never heard of this issue before and cannot attribute it to anything in particular. They are reluctant to provide me any type of advice because they don't want to be "subject to lemon laws" and so for that fact I feel that Chrysler is attempting to turn a blind eye to a very real, very dangerous issue with their vehicles.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Oct 302014

Car stalled without warning, all dash lights lit up, gauges quit, climate control stopped, restarted and after driving about 500 feet all returned to normal"?"

- Clyde, OH, USA

Oct 192013

300C 8-cyl

The engine shuts down, power steering cuts off when I'm sitting at a light but only after I pull off. I have to put the car in neutral really quick and start it. I took it to the dealership more than once and he told me that they could not find anything. I told him I almost got rammed in the back twice because it cuts off right after I pull off and I have a hard time turning the steering wheel because the power steering goes out also.

- Suffolk, VA, USA

Sep 152013

300C 8-cyl

I heard a warning like a tire blow out. Then I saw smoke from driver's side.. nothing came on the dashboard. There was no warning on the dashboard at all.

- Carteret, NJ, USA

Jul 072014

300C 8-cyl

Cooling fan separated from its assembly while pulling out onto a busy highway from my neighborhood. The fan shattered and tore into my radiator creating a major antifreeze dump out of the reservoir. Thought I was hit from behind however there was no car behind me. There was not any audible warning indicators or dash lights warnings immediately after this fan failure in which the A/C continued blowing cold air. Within 3 min of failure as I set at a traffic light the cooling temp light came on. I veered off and pulled into jiffy lube and found out I had a antifreeze leak due to looking at a pool of red liquid on the ground...the mechanics poured water into the reservoir and we all noticed water pouring right we let the car cool we attempted to restart vehicle and the ignition wouldn't turn on.....had my Chrysler towed to the dealership and they quoted a $8000 fix which included $4000 of it for a refurbished engine due to cylinder head damage...the damage all happened within 5 minutes of failure.....done some research online and found there is a 2006- 2008 Dodge charger, Dodge magnum, and Chrysler 300 recall "customer satisfaction notification L08 engine cooling fan June 2011". recall states that the cooling fan fails and comes off in hot climate temperature states. This was the same exact failure I had experienced and was told by Chrysler I was not covered because my sales code had to be sales code xdl or xdk...same exact situation happened to many others including one a few weeks before mine in which customer was denied. Chrysler was called multiple times and have had 2 customer service reps hang up in my girlfriend's face as she was explaining to the reps how this failure was the same exact failure. There needs to be an additional recall investigation into these cooling fans before someone ends up severely injured immediately.

- Hutto, TX, USA

Mar 282014

We were on the freeway and in the space of several seconds, we lost rpms, the check engine light came on, then the traction light, then all of the lights, then it died just as we got onto the shoulder. The mechanic had to replace timing belt and water pump just to get it running enough to run the codes. Mechanic reports that there are bent valves and 4 of the cylinders are misfiring.

- Dublin, CA, USA

Apr 292013

300C 8-cyl

Driving on freeway at 68 mph and engine just die with out notice. Also 4 or 5 time engine die after accelerating from 0 to 5-10 mph. Engine jusy stall with out power. I have to put car on park and start the engine again.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jul 082009

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler 300-C. the contact stated that when driving at any speed, the vehicle would shift from the eighth cylinder to the fourth cylinder, causing the vehicle to become unresponsive to acceleration attempts. The vehicle started to lose power when driving at lower speeds. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to diagnose the failure. The dealer replaced the coil as a precaution however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure who advised that the contact to take the vehicle back to the dealer. The failure mileage was 13,000 and the current mileage was 36,000.

- Merrillville, IN, USA