1.9

2007 Chrysler 300C miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler 300C:

2007 Chrysler 300C Owner Comments

Jul 222016

300C

The shift interlock lever had the return lever spring hook break off. This left the shifter locked in park. Luckily this happened in our driveway at home. I was able to release the shifter however the car is showing the ABS light and traction control lights lit on the instrument panel. Also the seat will not fully adjust and the cruise control no longer works. There is currently a recall (K39) on this item for this year and model car, however I was informed by my dealer that my car does not fall within the build date to qualify for the recall. I have the right year and model and the same problem but my vehicle doesn't qualify. I feel that this recall should be expanded to cover all Chrysler vehicles with this problem.

- Eagle Grove, IA, USA

Nov 112015

300C

Engine stalls very often even while driving on the hwy. No mechanic neither the dealer has been able to fix it.

- Lantana, FL, USA

Oct 032015

300C

Sun roof glass imploded while sitting N my driveway. Called my local police, they said since it was not vandalism, R a crime, no report. I have called my ins, N tomorrow, 10/5/15 will hopefully see N adjuster.

- Santa Fe, TX, USA

Aug 172015

300C

Drove my car to work in the morning with no problems. After work I started the car and could not shift the gear out of park. I tried several times, turning the car off and on etc. But it would not move. Called the repair shop. They came and removed the shifter assembly to get it to the shop and said they had to replace the entire shift assembly because a small plastic piece was broken inside and they couldn't just replace the piece, it had to be the entire assembly for the cost of $300. No warnings or other issues. After looking the problem up on the internet, seems to be a very common problem with this car make and model. I have also had trouble with this car several times just shutting down or almost shutting off (jerks like you are hit and seems like it is shutting down but then returns to normal) while sitting at a light or a stop sign. Usually it will start back up quickly but it is very dangerous in traffic and I have almost been rear ended 2 times because of it. I took it to the dealership 2 different times complaining about this issue, but they said they couldn't find anything wrong and that the computer system didn't show any problems.

- Paulding, OH, USA

Aug 302014

300C 8-cyl

Car was not able to be shifted in gear. I was in a parked status and could not pull the vehicle out of the park position. Aaa was called and they could not tow me because the vehicle could not be towed because they could not get it on the flatbed. Aaa dispatched another truck with a dolly and an ase certified technician who was able to pull the gear lever while pressing down on the brakes to release a plastic pin on the linkage cable that was keeping the leaver from moving.

- Trotwood, OH, USA